Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta and Carolina aren't going to come easy. Atlanta is always a nail-biter and Carolina feels like a trap game to me.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did love how Jared Allen ran his mouth about the city, then managed to rack up just one tackle in the game against us. Keep runnin' that mouth, buddy!

Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta will be tough for sure. I do like, however, how our run defense has tremendously improved and it started during our first game against them this season. NFC South title on the line and at the Superdome.. Atlanta is clicking, but so are we. Can't wait for it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week Sixteen: Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

NFC South Championship on the line and to keep pace with the 49ers for the #2 seed in the playoffs. We beat them last time, but it wasn't easy by any means.. Monday Night Football and we tend to play our best in primetime. Should be a great one.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Atlanta will be tough for sure. I do like, however, how our run defense has tremendously improved and it started during our first game against them this season. NFC South title on the line and at the Superdome.. Atlanta is clicking, but so are we. Can't wait for it.
also a chance for drew to get almost every passing record known to mankind

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints could've tacked on 60+ vs the Vikings. Damn that was a beatdown

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Saints could've tacked on 60+ vs the Vikings. Damn that was a beatdown
lotta mistakes though, dont like this penalty frenzy our team is getting into

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-20-2011, 07:26 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Having watched SF against Pittsburgh last night, I know this; we better have our ish together before we the play-offs. I was hoping the Steelers could help us get a little closer to that #2 seed.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

No more buzz around this game?! Come on guys!

Old 12-26-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I guess I'll chime in-
I am really worried about the outcome of these next two games. A few minor but nagging injuries have the potential to jump up and bite us in the ass ( Moore, Vilma, Ingram, Ellis). I'd just as soon rather see us blow these last two off as far as victory is concerned since we already have a play-off berth. Brees and the record are secondary to getting through to GB then on to the SB.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been out doing business so haven't been able to pop in and check on my Saints brethren.

Honestly huge game tonight, I'm nervous. This could decide the division right here. I think the key is going to be how we match our mismatch players Sproles, Graham.. against Atlanta's Linebacking Corps. with Lofton, Weatherspoon. If they step up and Defend the Flat, intermediate area we could struggle a bit.

Also despite the hoopla surrounding getting Drew the record, which yes is important I still think we need to do our best to stay balanced and run the ball well... that will help Drew a ton with play action.

I have a feeling though Sean / Drew come out guns blazing in Shotgun 4-5's wide, and just start slinging it though. Which does make me a tad nervous.. but in these guys we trust and they know what they are doing.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I guess I'll chime in-
I am really worried about the outcome of these next two games. A few minor but nagging injuries have the potential to jump up and bite us in the ass ( Moore, Vilma, Ingram, Ellis). I'd just as soon rather see us blow these last two off as far as victory is concerned since we already have a play-off berth. Brees and the record are secondary to getting through to GB then on to the SB.
I disagree with this, atleast tonight we need to go hard and lock up the Division. We need to ensure we get atleast 1 Home game this post season, I have faith that we can win on the road... but it's just a lot easier on yourself if you can play at Home.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

WHO DAT!!!! New Orleans Saints are the NFC South Division Champs !!!!!!

Old 12-27-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Drew is the single season passing yardage record holder.

We won the Division, and whooped the Falcons for it.

HECK YEAH, this is going to be a good week. :)
Old 12-27-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I disagree with this, atleast tonight we need to go hard and lock up the Division.
Not that we didn't whoop up on the Falcons, but Ingram was out and Moore sat the second half.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Week Seventeen: Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints

Final game of the regular season. Going against a hot Carolina team.. Coach Payton already said that we're going to play the majority of our starters but it's sooo crucial that we don't have any major injuries. Hopefully St. Louis can pull off a miracle and we could somehow get the #2 seed.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

It feels weird having to pull for GB and against SF. I don't want to play Atlanta again in, and especially in the play-offs.
Peyton is 0-5 in week 17 games with NO. Let's hope we can pull out a win here.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

What a great way to finish the Regular Season. I think we accomplished everything we wanted this week. Convincingly beat a Division Rival in Carolina, finished 8-0 at Home, Brees, Sproles solidified their records, (Graham almost break a record). Finally won a Regular Season Finale game.

Great way to go into the playoffs firing on mostly all cylinders, much different feel going into the post-season this year than it was last year after a pretty deflating loss to Tampa.

Only thing that could have made today better would have been St.Louis winning giving us the Bye. Oh well can't have it all. Still much to accomplish though.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Default Wild Card Round: Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints

We didn't get the #2 in the NFC so the we will face the Lions at home next Saturday. Hopefully, it WON'T be how our last playoff game was in the Wild Card Round. Unlike our last meeting, Suh will be playing although judging by how many points Matt Flynn put on the Lions today.. Brees could be in store for a big day.

Just because we beat them once, we can't take them lightly and Matt Stafford has been ballin' as of late. Let's go out and take this one!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I'm happier playing Detroit than having to face Atlanta for a 3rd time.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be cheering for you guys the rest of the finals! I hope my bad buccaneers mojo doesn't rub off on the Saints :\

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Ingram and Herring are now on IR.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im perfectly ok with Ingram being out tbh. More carries for Ivory and Thomas.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
Im perfectly ok with Ingram being out tbh. More carries for Ivory and Thomas.
I can't agree more. He had better grow into the position at which he was drafted is all I can say. I have to eat my words in that area. I was excited to get Ingram even if I had to acknowledge we paid more than we should have for him. Looking back, it turns out it was a pretty bone head move. DeMarco Murray, Roy Helu, Kendall Hunter and Jacquizz Rodgers all would have made better 2nd round, non-trade scenario picks.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I can't agree more. He had better grow into the position at which he was drafted is all I can say. I have to eat my words in that area. I was excited to get Ingram even if I had to acknowledge we paid more than we should have for him. Looking back, it turns out it was a pretty bone head move. DeMarco Murray, Roy Helu, Kendall Hunter and Jacquizz Rodgers all would have made better 2nd round, non-trade scenario picks.
never been more bummed to be right about something, although im always pretty psyched about being right, im an ass in that perspective

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin