Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-03-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
TheSchmidt
Rookie

TheSchmidt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Rishard Matthews, WR, Nevada

Seems to have good size and speed and had a great year even with the departure of Kaepernick. Put on good shows when he played against good competition in Boise and Boston College.

3rd-4th round guy?
TheSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For whatever reason, he's not getting the media attention he deserves. Currently projected to the sixth round. I don't think he's gonna blow up the combine, so that's probably where he'll stay. But the production and size are certainly there. A likely productive player given the right opportunity and situation.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A cheaper Mohamed Sanu. Pass on Sanu and grab Matthews in the 3rd-4th:short pass, breaks a tackle and takes it to the house. Takes a slant to the house after avoiding tackler.

Can also return Punts.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Britt was an easy call, I'm well aware. Fun fact: Sanu has been better and more dominant at Rutgers with much less talent on offense than Britt. Britt also had some problems with the dropsies at Rutgers.

Again, you're not giving any reason to WHY. You're just saying "he's overvalued", which again, I disagree with. He's a first rounder, absolutely.

And yeah, sorry a guy with one breakout year at Nevada doesn't excite me. He's a mediocre prospect, hence why you said "in the 4th round" for him. I get it, he's your boy, but those 2 nice youtube videos of him don't excite anyone. But sorry if I stepped on your toes saying he was mediocre.

edit: Sanu returned punts at Rutgers too. so there's that.

Sanu's the only real draftable guy from RU this year, so I've been paying MORE attention to the draft than I have in past years instead of focusing on my guys, but nice try. Matthews can be a decent pick in the mid-rounds. That's mediocre.
Being a mid-round pick makes you mediocre? That's your argument?

Where were guys like Denarius Moore, Jacoby Ford, Vincent Brown, Malcom Floyd, Doug Baldwin, Miles Austin, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Austin Collie, Wes Welker, Davone Bess, Steve Breaston, Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Lance Moore, and Stevie Johnson taken?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRK22qe6Zio

Watch him run screens, slants, outs, and comebacks. Routes look sharp to me. Can get yards after catch. Can break some tackles. Shifty returning punts.

Last edited by norcalgsr : 02-18-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Being a mid-round pick makes you mediocre? That's your argument?

Where were guys like Denarius Moore, Jacoby Ford, Vincent Brown, Malcom Floyd, Doug Baldwin, Miles Austin, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Austin Collie, Wes Welker, Davone Bess, Steve Breaston, Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Lance Moore, and Stevie Johnson taken?
I think he has a fair argument.

Those guys you listen are anomalies. There are hundreds of other names that I could list of guys drafted in those rounds that failed to ever make any impact on the NFL.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Exploder View Post
I think he has a fair argument.

Those guys you listen are anomalies. There are hundreds of other names that I could list of guys drafted in those rounds that failed to ever make any impact on the NFL.
Same with guys drafted rounds 1-3. There are good players drafted late just as there are bad players drafted early.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ooh, jade necklace.
Back to the topic, Matthews ran a lot of comeback and short stuff, but his quarterback didn't really help him. He's a good enough route runner to get the tough short yards. His speed might be an issue, but he can be a capable #3 or 4. Not quite Earl Bennett (more physical though), but still can contribute.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 02-19-2012 at 10:27 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did have some big plays and looked good at times. But too many lapses for me - drops and muffed a couple of punts. I think this WR class is very deep and I don't think he cracks the top 100.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Some 2010 and 2011 highlights:
http://youtu.be/1UcLKuGBq0s
Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marko Mitchell.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
TheSchmidt
Rookie

TheSchmidt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Climbing up draft boards?

Nevada Pro Day: An estimated 20 teams were represented at Nevada's Pro Day workout Wednesday, including a number of decision-makers. They arrived talking about the underrated talent on Nevada's roster, which some believe could see as many as six players drafted. They left buzzing about one player in particular -- wide receiver Rishard Matthews. Despite leading the Western Athletic Conference in both catches and receiving yards in 2012, Matthews hasn't generated a great deal of media attention. He certainly had scouts attention and was actually invited to the Senior Bowl, though he was unable to participate in the premier all-star game after spraining his MCL in Nevada's final regular season game (Idaho). Matthews lost out on a second opportunity to prove his athleticism when he re-aggravated the injury preparing for the Scouting Combine. Matthews participated in Indianapolis despite protests from those close to him but struggled through the workout, timing "officially" at 4.62 seconds in the 40-yard dash -- a significantly slower time than scouts expected based on his game tape. Finally healthy, Matthews rewarded scouts attending Nevada's workout by clocking in the mid 4.4s on two attempts at the 40-yard dash. He also starred during his positional workout, running crisp routes and catching every pass thrown to him by quarterback Tyler Lantrip. According to a source, Matthews has already scheduled visits with two NFL teams and could be on the verge of planning several more after his workout. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...shard-matthews
TheSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Marko Mitchell.
Reminds me more of James Jones and Early Doucet. Thick and solidly built, tough, physical, but inconsistent hands.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe that Brandt was saying 3rd round for him
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote