Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-25-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ricky Stanzi

Hey guys I'm wondering what your thoughts were on Ricky Stanzi. I'm a big Chiefs fan and I think he could be a good QB. I can't go back to last years threads so if you can bring back a thread on him that would be cool.

I'm wondering how he fell to the 5th round because I liked him more than quite a few prospects coming out last year and a lot this year.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Ryan Mallett fall to the 3rd Round?

It was a loaded QB class. A lot of the teams that really needed a QB got one in the first round. Some other teams were just stupid. Stanzi was going to go in the 2nd-4th range because he wasn't a guy who was looked at as a starter right away, but has all of the physical tools and intangibles to be a really good QB.

I had him ranked 6th of all the QBs - ahead of Ponder, Yates, and Dalton (outside of the Big 4, I only had Kaepernick ahead of him). I think he's going to be very good and he's in a great situation in KC to develop into a high end starting QB. He's got the arm, leadership, moxie, and is familiar to and with the Midwest.

I think Pioli and the offensive coaching staff believe he's their guy down the road. Pioli really doesn't like putting a rookie QB out there in just any situation, and he and the offensive coaching staff did a great job protecting him this year when Cassel went down.

Even if all the UC QBs declared, if you stick him in this draft class group, I'd have him right behind RG3/Barkley and ahead of Landry Jones. He's a good one - possibly could become great. So with those guys probably going back, I'm definitely saying the only QB in this class I'd take over Stanzi (even as a prospect who has zero experience in an NFL system) is Luck.

Last edited by nepg : 12-25-2011 at 05:57 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Luck, RG3 and Tannehill before I'd take Stanzi and not lose a moments sleep.

Also, I have no idea what him being from the Midwest has to do with anything. Who cares?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd take Luck, RG3 and Tannehill before I'd take Stanzi and not lose a moments sleep.

Also, I have no idea what him being from the Midwest has to do with anything. Who cares?
I would take Stanzi over Tannehill anyday of the week and twice on Sunday's. Tannehill doesn't have the tools or leadership Stanzi has. Stanzi has better accuracy downfield, pocket presence, football IQ (Stanzi played really well in a pro style offense), mechanics, footwork and also didn't choke games away like Tannehill. He was actually clutch and proved it.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A lot of fans already have a familiarity with him from Iowa. It's more PR and fan pleasing than football. He can relate to a lot of the demographics in the area.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I would take Stanzi over Tannehill anyday of the week and twice on Sunday's. Tannehill doesn't have the tools or leadership Stanzi has. Stanzi has better accuracy downfield, pocket presence, football IQ (Stanzi played really well in a pro style offense), mechanics, footwork and also didn't choke games away like Tannehill. He was actually clutch and proved it.
We just disagree completely about what Tannehill is and can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
A lot of fans already have a familiarity with him from Iowa. It's more PR and fan pleasing than football. He can relate to a lot of the demographics in the area.
Who gives a **** about PR? I want a QB who can win football games.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread got me to thinking about the evaluations of Stanzi last year and I recalled an article that rated him highly because he had no "red flags" and that put him in some elite company (as well as some established but not elite QBs). I googled Stanzi + red flag and found the article. It's a pretty interesting read...

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Pl..._2-23-2011.htm

It doesn't address the question of why he was drafted in the 5th round or why he hasn't played but it does give some hope for Stanzi as a long-term prospect.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Who gives a **** about PR? I want a QB who can win football games.

@TheMatriculator: Yeah, there are very few flaws with him and he has a lot of potential. If you really dig into it, which that site did, you find he's really not far off from the Big 4 from his draft class.

Last edited by nepg : 12-26-2011 at 06:18 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Stanzi doesn't come close to Luck or RG3 as a prospect, sorry. And Tannehill has more upside.

And don't use a highlight reel to make your point. It smacks of ignorance.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The highlight was for entertainment purposes. And you're way overdue for a chill pill.

I'd take those two as prospects over Stanzi, too. But the Chiefs aren't drafting a QB. Even if they were, there's almost no way for them to get into position to draft one of those guys with their mid-first round pick.

How does Tannehill have more upside?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stanzi doesn't come close to Luck or RG3 as a prospect, sorry. And Tannehill has more upside.

And don't use a highlight reel to make your point. It smacks of ignorance.
I don't think anyone is making the claim that Stanzi is as good as Luck or RG3 as a prospect. Tannehill has some nice short and intermediate zip and accuracy but he very often overthrows on his deep ball. I'll take Stanzi over Tannehill

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: double post

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote