Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I think it's ridiculous that kids are actually lured to this program for the 70 something different uniform combinations they have.

Go ahead and blast me for being a "hater" but I really can't stand this, I mean we are talking about football for christ sake. Why are we talking about this **** like it's project ******* runway?

Case in point:

No offense to you soybean or bhaarat but I mean really guys? Is this what football/recruiting is going to become?
its not like they suck at football or anything. I mean if you got the hook up at nike, why not use it?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i only agree with sweater-vest-mafia if the uniforms were Oregon's main and only selling point to recruits.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If you were on the coaching staff, you would love the advantage of this recruiting trick more. I don't think it's much of a distraction at all. All they do is put it on and be happy about it.

I get where you're thinking... but I think that's a bit old fashion. I personally don't like it because it's a pretty big unfair advantage and I think it's almost like a borderline "gift giving" incentive.
IIRC they voted between say 3 different ones for last years bowl game. I'm not saying that it's the only reason they lost the last two years (as I said there are plenty of distractions this time of year) but why add to them; and maybe if you've lost the last two years, it's time to take away as many distractions as possible.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dam Oregon I swear its every year they make a bcs bowl .
Old 12-28-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IIRC they voted between say 3 different ones for last years bowl game. I'm not saying that it's the only reason they lost the last two years (as I said there are plenty of distractions this time of year) but why add to them; and maybe if you've lost the last two years, it's time to take away as many distractions as possible.
If they are distracted by the uniform they wear, they shouldnt be playing football...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you get when you cross a ceiling fan with a duck?
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:35 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what the ****? ****'s chrome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like last years helmets better definitely.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saying they lost two years in a row because of jersey distractions is pretty stupid. they played two very good teams in ohio state and auburn.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
saying they lost two years in a row because of jersey distractions is pretty stupid. they played two very good teams in ohio state and auburn.
The other team might be blinded, rather than distracted, when the lights reflect of those helmets, haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The other team might be blinded, rather than distracted, when the lights reflect of those helmets, haha.
if this was facebook, i would like this

Old 12-29-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

That's the baddest thing I ever saw in football. Wow. Impressed.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's ridiculous that kids are actually lured to this program for the 70 something different uniform combinations they have.

Go ahead and blast me for being a "hater" but I really can't stand this, I mean we are talking about football for christ sake. Why are we talking about this **** like it's project ******* runway?

Case in point:

No offense to you soybean or bhaarat but I mean really guys? Is this what football/recruiting is going to become?

You may have a point, but the absolute facts is that uniforms are important to kids in high school and college, absolutely so. Is it the most important thing? No of course not, but there are a ton of kids everywhere who know that Oregon has some of the best uniforms in the country and that is a huge appeal to them.

May not be for everyone, or you personally, but when these guys go on recruiting trips to Oregon, they get to see arguably the best indoor facility in college football, laid down inside is one of these uniforms with their number and name on the back of it. That matters. It also helps in recruiting no doubt about it.

And like someone else said, it's not like they are a terrible program. This is just an extremely sexy way of putting icing on the cake.

I also did not know this a few years ago so while a lot of guys here know this felt I should share in case anyone didn't know. The founder of Nike Phil Knight graduated from Oregon and has donated millions of dollars to all of the sports facilities, well over 100 million. That goes a long way considering it's just a donation and not revenue so I thought that was pretty cool of him.

You come away impressed on a visit to Oregon, the whole package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG....i just creamed my pants. I wanna go play for Oregon....i'll ******* waterboy at 0 cost whatsoever just gimme a jersey or 2 and maybe a helmet. PLZ!!!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
If they are distracted by the uniform they wear, they shouldnt be playing football...
I'm not saying it's the only distraction, it's the fact that they are essentially inviting a distraction. It seems pointless to me. Also, it's not just the fact that they are wearing them that I'm claiming would be distracting. Last year they voted on these things and made a big deal of it (just like "unveiling" them this year).

Furthermore the fact that they have an obsession with playing dress up makes me think that they shouldn't be playing football....

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Again, I never said it was the only reason that they lost. I'm saying that if you have lost two years in a row, maybe it's time to remove as many distractions as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You may have a point, but the absolute facts is that uniforms are important to kids in high school and college, absolutely so. Is it the most important thing? No of course not, but there are a ton of kids everywhere who know that Oregon has some of the best uniforms in the country and that is a huge appeal to them.

May not be for everyone, or you personally, but when these guys go on recruiting trips to Oregon, they get to see arguably the best indoor facility in college football, laid down inside is one of these uniforms with their number and name on the back of it. That matters. It also helps in recruiting no doubt about it.

And like someone else said, it's not like they are a terrible program. This is just an extremely sexy way of putting icing on the cake.

I also did not know this a few years ago so while a lot of guys here know this felt I should share in case anyone didn't know. The founder of Nike Phil Knight graduated from Oregon and has donated millions of dollars to all of the sports facilities, well over 100 million. That goes a long way considering it's just a donation and not revenue so I thought that was pretty cool of him.

You come away impressed on a visit to Oregon, the whole package.
I actually did not know that fact, makes sense as to why Nike goes all out for them.

I see where the recruiting comes from, I'm just concerned if my player is swayed in anyway by the uniforms (I personally like the idea of not even having names on the back). This game shouldn't be about how sexy you look walking onto the field. I would rather have my players concerned with a winning history/strategy and looking for a program that will better them as players.

I'm not trying to be one of those guys who gets all crotchety when a player does a high step into the endzone. In fact I am okay with celebrating and think the NCAA is a little to harsh with its penalties; as long as it isn't excessive (see soccer). I just feel like in Oregon's case, your tipping the scales towards excessive in a big way.

(for the record I enjoy soccer celebrations but there is not as much scoring so there is a place for it in the game)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 12-29-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were a recruit, I'd take an official visit to Oregon. And yes, it would be simply because of the Nike partnership and its effects. I'd gladly welcome that same stuff at South Carolina.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The numbers change color based on the angle? Reallly? How cool.

What next, making them 3D, or making them glow-in-the-dark too?
How about making them neon?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the different combos and jerseys Oregan creates every year. Yes, there are a lot of people who love the old-school, boring jerseys year after year; but you can't blame Oregon for jazzing up the program.

Is this a deciding factor? No, its not, but much like the Michigan helmits did back in the day these uni's stand out and catch people's attention. If I was a recruit, I'd look at it like Oregan really cares about its players and fans and wants them to look really cool. I know this means nothing once the players are between the lines, but its nice for the fans and casual football fans.

I think its less about the changing uniforms, as it is the thought that Oregon will provide student-atheletes with top notch facilities, uniforms, and most anything else they want. A nice gesture from Phil Knight and Oregon.
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was going on my officials for baseball I got to take a visit to the university of oregon and check out their facilities. The uniforms may be a small factor in their decision but I can guarantee that isnt the only reason they go. Oregon without a doubt has the best athletic facilities in the country. Their training rooms/locker rooms/ etc are better than anyone in the world of professional sports. They have everything you could imagine accessible to them as far as athletics, and their health. They know what they are doing at Oregon, they are building a great athletic program...not just football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Oregon without a doubt has the best athletic facilities in the country. Their training rooms/locker rooms/ etc are better than anyone in the world of professional sports. They have everything you could imagine accessible to them as far as athletics, and their health. They know what they are doing at Oregon, they are building a great athletic program...not just football.
Ding ding ding. How are people not more aware of all Nike does for Oregon let alone that Phil Knight went there? Thought that was common knowledge.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote