Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-29-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I absolutely hate the trade the Sox just made.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bailey trade? I love it. Reddick and a couple boom/bust prospects for a potential ace in the 9th? I'll take it easy.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else really excited about the way this Celtics roster is shaping up regardless of whether or not Ray Allen leaves for Miami? Kevin Garnett may have signed for one year too many, but here's how things look as of now (assuming Jeff Green's rumored contract is signed):

PG: Rajon Rondo *

SG: Avery Bradley - Jason Terry - E'Twaun Moore

SF: Paul Pierce - Jeff Green - Kris Joseph

PF: Brandon Bass - JaJuan Johnson - Jared Sullinger - Sean Williams

C: Kevin Garnett - Greg Stiemsma - Fab Melo

* Re-signing Keyon Dooling seems like a strong possibility to fill the backup point guard role.

Jason Terry seems like a nice fallback option for the likelihood of Ray Allen's departure, and Jeff Green's return should help as well. Boston's bench was ineffective last year so the youth/athleticism added through the draft and free agency should be interesting to follow throughout 2012-13.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When's the last season we didn't have a sports team in a final? 2009?
Old 10-20-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've certainly been very fortunate. I'm really amazed with this Red Sox team. To be honest, I wasn't planning on watching a ton of baseball this year. After putting up with the "greatest team ever" puking all over themselves in September and attempting to rationalize the mess we were last season, I just wasn't willing to deal with it anymore. They've really won me over though, even if it took some time. It's still kind of hard to believe we're this good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've certainly been very fortunate. I'm really amazed with this Red Sox team. To be honest, I wasn't planning on watching a ton of baseball this year. After putting up with the "greatest team ever" puking all over themselves in September and attempting to rationalize the mess we were last season, I just wasn't willing to deal with it anymore. They've really won me over though, even if it took some time. It's still kind of hard to believe we're this good.
I didn't watch much of the last two years of Red Sox baseball because **** that group of guys. Honestly.

I was on board with this team all the way as soon as they dumped those overpaid douche bags and sacked Valentine. Basically stealing another team's manager isn't the way I like to see things done, but **** the Blue Jays anyway...they didn't learn from the last two Red Sox teams or the Marlins, so they deserved the mess they went through in 2013.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just one more win with two chances at Fenway. I actually have to be right by there for work on that afternoon. I'm going to get out as quickly as I can because that entire area is just going to be crazy. The atmosphere should be great. We're much better off getting it done on Wednesday with Lackey on the mound than we are on Thursday with questions though. No confidence in Peavy.

What a run this has been. Ortiz has been straight out playing out of his mind. You don't see it super often in baseball, but seeing him rally the troops the other day was just awesome. Impossible to tell if that had a direct effect on the game, but it's way more fun to think that it did. Love how the team responded to the tough loss on the obstruction call.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll see you at Game On EE! If you work down there I would blame you for wanting to GTFO. I work on State Street so the games don't affect me at all.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Papi getting IBB'd 3 times and getting his 3rd ring. With the kind of character he is to go along with his stats and trophy case, I don't see how he doesn't get into Cooperstown.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't be happier for Papi, his performance was incredible. Arguably the greatest World Series performance of all time. If the series had gone seven games he would've been able to beat Bond's record for most times reachign base in a World Series. It's interesting to think about where he ranks now among Red Sox players all time. He's done something with the Sox that no player since the early 20th Century did, which is win three World Series' and he was instrumental in all of them. Ruth and Duffy Lewis won three with the Sox, Harry Hooper won four which I believe is most any Sox player has won with the Sox.

I'm a little torn about who to bring back and for how much. Salty was one of the only players that didn't get a qualifying offer today, the one year 14m offer the Sox would have to tender him I think pays him way more than he is worth. I just don't know who would replace him. I like Ross and am glad he's returning because he seems to be a real leader in the clubhouse and handles the pitching staff very well, but I don't know if he could be an everyday catcher.

Napoli I am more inclined to bring back, but the 14m he'd be set to earn seems like too much for too. He was critical in the playoffs with his timely hitting and played an adequate first base all season, but he also struck out a lot and statistically looks to be in decline. If he leaves I would be fine with moving Middlebrooks over to first, playing Bogaerts at third, and bringing back Stephen Drew. The only problem is that I don't know if Drew will come back on a short term deal. The SS market is VERY thin and after Jhonny Peralta it's him, so teams are going to overpay. I'm very interested to see how Cherrington handles Napoli, Salty, and Drew.

I hope that Ellsbury decides to stay in Boston, but I wouldn't be willing to break the bank for him. It's scary to me that he is already 30 years old, seems like just yesterday he was a rookie. Makes me feel old.

I LOVE the future of this team, over the next two years some really talented prospects should make their debut with the Sox. Part of the reason I think it'd be good to move WMB over to first and have Bogaerts move to shortstop is because Garin Cecchini is on the way and looks to be a very promising third baseman. And if you wanna keep Bogearts at third there's Deven Marrero who plays short too, but I would actually put him at third over Bogaerts because Bogaerts is a better defender. Looking forward to the potential major league debuts of pitchers Henry Owens, Anthony Ranuado, and Matt Barnes. They are all blue chip prospects. Also hopefully Ryan Kalish and Bryce Brentz bounce back from injury well. I think Brentz has a great shot to be the future RF for the team.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have no idea
Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Mike Napoli is drunk, shirtless and walking around Boston.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody have the Bruins through a means other than NESN from their cable service. My GF is pretty adamant about getting rid of our cable (because apparently $30 a month is unreasonable )

I've considered 2 alternatives:

1) NHL center ice routed through a VPN to get in market games. Expensive $150 and a hassle.

or

2) Getting a Slingbox and hooking it up to my parent's cable. Fixed cost of buying a box, the shame of mooching off of them, plus I hear performance can be sketchy.

Do you guys know of any other alternatives? I really don't have much interest in clicking through pop-up ads all day long from a free stream online.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had an issue this whole year with that, bought the sports package from TW thinking id get NESN and all the espns and such. Nope, not included. Even the NHL channels it came with rarely played a game. My only alternative was getting it through a streaming site and plugging my computer into my tv. Sorry that isn't a super great solution but its basically free if you have the cables, although the quality is obviously **** sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:36 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I had an issue this whole year with that, bought the sports package from TW thinking id get NESN and all the espns and such. Nope, not included. Even the NHL channels it came with rarely played a game. My only alternative was getting it through a streaming site and plugging my computer into my tv. Sorry that isn't a super great solution but its basically free if you have the cables, although the quality is obviously **** sometimes.
I did that in 2012. It's not a route I'd like to go again. There is something about hockey in HD that makes it hard to settle for a stream. On the other hand, I have much less of an issue doing it for football, (probably because I rarely ever watch football at home). Oh well, I guess I'm going to keep cable despite me literally not needing it for anything but live sports. The way this country consumes its media is so ass backwards. Damn monopolies.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I figured you tried that, but just in case its a quick but ****** solution. It really does suck having to keep all those channels you'll never use in order to watch the Sox, Bruins, and Celtics. TWC and Comcast are so terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Streaming hockey does suck. We have a really good hockey bar in KC, but I prefer to just stay home. I just deal with the stream. I just can't justify the cost of cable tv.