Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Which team matches up with us best for a mid-late January game?
New Orleans, almost clones of our team 7 41.18%
San Fran, ground and pound style 4 23.53%
NY Giants, know they can win in GB in playoffs 2 11.76%
Detroit, they aren't afraid of us at all 4 23.53%
Atlanta, have beaten Rodgers in GB before.... can run Turner 0 0%
Dallas, if they get in, they're dangerous with 3 WRs and a good TE 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who poses the biggest threat to us in the NFC playoffs?

Which of these teams do you think poses the biggest threat to beating us in Lambeau next month?

Brees is red hot, will shatter Marino's passing yardage record and might end up with more TD's than Rodgers as well as a higher completion percentage.

The Saints have a pretty good OL and a stable of solid and somehow still pretty healthy RBs. They have a great TE which is one of our biggest weaknesses, covering TEs. They also have a lethal little RB outta the backfield, which is another one of our biggest weaknesses on defense. Somehow all their key guys are still healthy..... at this point in time.

But Brees has apparently not been too good in cold weather.
Neither has Rodgers, against the Bears. But he won't face the Bears in January.

The Niners feature a game built for cold weather: strong running game behind a strong OL, and a great run defense that just allowed their 2st rushing TD of the season yesterday in week 16, thanks to a blocked punt inside their own 5-yard line. We can't run well, and nobody runs on them.
If they get us and it's the crazy cold, windy weather that makes it hard to pass the ball, that helps them a lot.

The Giants.... we've seen it before from them. Eli has a clutch gene in him... they played us toe-to-toe a few weeks ago when Jennings was healthy. They relish playing at Lambeau in the post-season.

The Lions..... they've beaten us, and slowed down Arod for a half on Thanksgiving, before Suh went berserk, and their defense doesn't fear us at all.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-25-2011 at 08:03 AM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Francisco poses the greatest threat to us...they shorten the game with their ball control offense and their defense is extremely physically with the ability to get after the quarterback...I don't want to imagine what Aldon Smith would do to Newhouse

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
San Francisco poses the greatest threat to us...they shorten the game with their ball control offense and their defense is extremely physically with the ability to get after the quarterback...I don't want to imagine what Aldon Smith would do to Newhouse
Me neither... but maybe Clifton can be back.
Or maybe after facing Tamba Hali, Pierre-Paul, and Jared Allen he might be battle-tested enough to keep him from killing Rodgers.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints
then Giants
Old 12-28-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

I say the saints bec they can put up huge points just like us.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I say the saints bec they can put up huge points just like us.
shouldn't we be more afraid of a team that can actually stop our offense as opposed to a team that can score with us??? look at the chiefs game, we went up against a tough defense with the ability to get after the passer and be phyiscal with our receivers...they were also able to run the football and perform efficiently on offense, shortening the game...sounds alot like San Francisco to me

Old 12-28-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
shouldn't we be more afraid of a team that can actually stop our offense as opposed to a team that can score with us??? look at the chiefs game, we went up against a tough defense with the ability to get after the passer and be phyiscal with our receivers...they were also able to run the football and perform efficiently on offense, shortening the game...sounds alot like San Francisco to me
The Niners are better in every area than the Chiefs, except Hali looks to be a bit better than Alden Smith. Still Alden is Matthews like getting after the QBs.

Isn't it nice though knowing the Saints and 49ers have to deal with each other to get to us?

If the Niners can beat Brees and Rodgers, kudos to them.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

the biggest factor for the Niners against the Saints is the Saints playing on the road...going back to last playoffs the Saints have dropped games against Seattle, St. Louis and Tampa all on the road so their road woes should be beneficial for San Fran in getting to Green Bay for the NFCCG

another thing that worries me about playing San Fran and even having home field advantage, our team isn't built to win a game if the weather is extremely poor and there's a good chance of that in January in the northern Midwest...i'm not saying i don't like having home field for the playoffs but given our geographic location it could certainly work against us

Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
I donno man i think that game vs the Cheifs was just a fluke with jennings comming back for the play offs n sum O line help (Clifton and Bulaga) i dont think ne one can slow our offence down. The saints showed us week 1 that they can go shot for shot with us. I think will see them in the NFCCG
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Saints but i dont really sed them coming to Green Bay and keeping up with Rodgers.

Dont see 49ers stopping Rodgers enough to allow Alex Smith to out score us.

We've proved we can stop Detroit.

We've beaten the Giants at their stadium.

So id probably say the Falcons because they have the run game and pass offense, but i still dont see them stopping rodgers.

I guess what im saying is that im very confident in us getting to the Superbowl. Not sure about winning it though.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted New Orleans.

I say New Orleans because they are just on fire right now. With that being said, I think the real threat to the Packers playoff success is the Packers. I really dont think the Packers will lose if we can get into sync on offense and not turn the ball over. The problem with the Chiefs game was not getting into sync as an offense. Once we get into sync, no one will stop us.

One last thing is that I hope Dom Capers has been strategically calling the defense this year and we will finally start to see a defense that is being called that will cause confusion for the offense. It is my hope that our pretty basic blitz packages have been because of Capers awareness that we were always going to make the playoffs so there was no need to call certain packages/plays. I said it was my hope that this is the case, but I really have my doubts. I am beginning to think that our defense is just going to give up a boatload of yards and give up field goals and the occasional touchdown.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The Saints lost, THIS season, at the Rams. The Rams are 1-13 outside of that game this yeare.
The Saints lost, THIS season, at the Buvs, who are horrible.
The Saints, earlier THIS month, barely won at Tennessee. The same Titans team who then lost the next week to 0-13 Indy.

The Saints at home are not the same team that plays on the road.
I know they lit our defense up in Green Bay. But many have.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
We've beaten the Giants at their stadium.
Barely.
And we also beat the Giants at their stadium in the 2007 season too, then lost in ours in the playoffs.
I'd really like to play anyone else besides them in our opening playoff game.
Give me Detroit, Dallas, or Atlanta before the Giants.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
coltsarenumber32
Rookie

coltsarenumber32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The major threat to Green Bay is New Orleans, because they're the only team that can keep up with them. However, neither team has a great defense so it comes down to home field, which is in GB's favor.

The other one clearly is San Francisco, who run the ball well and are the best run defense in the league. they're also equipped to play a slug-fest game in the cold, while the Saints may struggle with that a bit. But if it gets over 30 points, I don't believe the 49ers can hang.

I hear the argument for the Falcons, but I'm not a believer in them or the Lions. The Giants do scare me a bit. Their defensive line is deep and aggressive, and JPP is just sick right now. however, in GB with the Giants weak pass defense, I don't think the Giants can hound Rodgers enough all day to take it. that 38-35 game was in New York earlier in the year.

I think the big thing to realize is (unlike last season), the Pack will be healthy when they start the playoffs this year.
coltsarenumber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I'm kinda glad the Saints have to go to San Fran, and we don't have to.
I think the Saints beat the Lions tomorrow about 45-27.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Barely.
And we also beat the Giants at their stadium in the 2007 season too, then lost in ours in the playoffs.
I'd really like to play anyone else besides them in our opening playoff game.
Give me Detroit, Dallas, or Atlanta before the Giants.
F*** a D***..... Dallas had 2 chances to beat them, had them beaten in week 14. Damn them.