Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:08 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Mock Draft 1.0

Bengals offseason and draft

Most if not all of the team will be resigned. Jerome Simpson will be resigned. Caldwell is nothing more than a career backup and is done in Cincinnati.

FA pickup: Ben Grubbs OG. I am not going to project any other position because I see them all being secondary or tertiary needs. The safety position is being address in the draft.

I have the Bengals finishing at 10-6 and Oakland finishing at 8-8 which should make our 1st round picks in the 16-18 range and 20-24 range.

Draft

1A. David DeCastro OG Stanford or Cordy Glenn OG Georgia: One of them is our LG for the next 10 years. They are the best OGís in the draft and are immediate starters due to their ability to get to the second level when run blocking.

1B. Mark Barron Safety Alabama: Mark Barron is the best safety in the draft. He is 6í2Ē 218 lbs. He was 1st team All-American and 1st team All-SEC as a junior and he returned for his senior season. He has ideal size and speed for Mike Zimmerís defense. He is a day one starter over Chris Crocker. I am not sold at all on Taylor Mays and Robert Sands is terrible in coverage. We do not have a safety on this team that is better than Mark Barron. This pick covers our most glaring defect on defense.

2. Chris Polk RB University of Washington: Chris Polk has had three straight 1,000 yard rushing seasons behind a horrible offensive line. He has also caught 22 or more passes out of the backfield each of the last three seasons. The man is better in the open field than Montee Ball and he finishes his runs with power. He impresses me more than the other 2nd round running backs because of his vision and the fact that he has to make up for a lot due to his lack of offensive talent around him. Cedric Benson has zero explosion so this position needs an upgrade.

3A. Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnati: All I have to say is 6í5Ē 310 lbs. I hope to sign Pat Sims again but Wolfe could step right into the rotation with Peko and Atkins day one.

3B. DeVier Posey WR OSU: DeVier is a hometown product (LaSalle HS) that actually used to post on the Bengals forums when he was in high school. Posey is 6í2Ē 210 lbs. so he has great NFL size. He was OSUís number one target as a sophomore and junior and would have been this year as well if not for tattoo gate. He is better than his fourth round status but will be knocked due to the off the field stuff. It is not like he raped anyone or even had a DUI. I think the man has learned his lesson and will come in to contribute in three or four receiver sets with the potential to be a great #2 received in the future. WR that I predict will be taken before this pick: Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffrey, Sanu, Dwight Jones, Jeff Fuller, Tommy Streeter, Marvin McNutt, Criner, TY Hilton, and Nick Toon. Posey will be the best WR left at this point.

4. Jeff Demps RB/WR/PR/KR Florida: Can you say bye-bye Brandon Tate! Demps should run the fastest time at the combine. He is the premier kickoff and punt returner in the draft. Unlike Tate, Demps can actually be used on the field while the offense has the ball. The man needs to be used like Percy Harvin and Darren Sproles. I really donít see anyone in the draft at this point with more upside to this team than Demps. It is clear that Marvin will not put Pac-man on KR/PR so Demps is the man.

5A. Rokevious Watkins OG South Carolina Rokevious is a mountain of a man at 6í4Ē 340 lbs. He is built in the same mold as Bobby Williams. Watkins is a road grader that is stout at the point of attack. He falls to the fifth round because he is not the most athletic guy on the field. As our RG he wonít have to pull so we only need him to move the pile forward and that is just what he does. I see him as being the replacement for Bobby Williams or at least a reliable backup.

5B. Brandon Taylor Safety L.S.U Brandon was ranked the best CB in Louisiana as a senior in high school back in 2007. He has started for three years at LSU. His on the field numbers to not blow you away as he only have two interceptions in his career but he has all of the talent in the world. I am not sure if he is being used properly or not at LSU due to his numbers but we need depth in our secondary. It canít hurt that LSU is producing some of the best secondary talent in the NFL so I will take my chances with his three years starting experience at LSU. I think he lands in this area because of his numbers and his reported 4.6 40 time.

6-7 BPA but I donít see them making the team.

The first round and free agency take care of our 2 biggest needs. If the draft stopped after the first round then this team already improves tremendously. I know that Leon Hall will miss the start of the season but Clements and Adam Jones have played really well for us. Our CBís are just fine with the way our defensive front gets after the QB. CB could be upgraded but I donít see it as a first round need.

Cedric Benson is not the future at RB. I have no doubt that the improved O-Line would help him tremendously but Polk is an upgrade.

Derek Wolfe has been shooting up draft boards lately so I hope that he is still there when we pick in the third round. I am not sure if Pat Sims will resign with us or if he will even be all that healthy next year so Wolfe would be a real nice pick.

The rest of the draft really just adds depth. I could see us taking a flyer on a QB in round 6-7 maybe even a punter.

Let me know what you guys think!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:15 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anytime a mock shows me a safety and a halfback in the first two rounds I'm excited.

I really like your Derek Wolfe and Jeff Demps picks. Wolfe fits right into the heavy rotation type system that Zimmer runs and would be a no brainer if he is there in the 3rd round.

The reason I love the Demps pick is because I feel he could fill the roll that both Hawkins and Tate fill now, with just 1 roster spot. And I just know Gruden would LOVE to have a gadget player with the type of talent Demps has, you can see it in the way he tries to use Scott & Hawkins.

This draft is just to perfect for this team though. Something weird is going to happen draft day (someone who's suppose to be a top 10 pick goes on a free fall) and Mike Brown is going to use it as an opportunity to blow the extra 1st rounder we got.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

I really like the way that draft goes. I have a feeling Posey and Demps both go earlier then that though. Both will shine and impress at the combine and cause them to move up the board. The only glimmer of hope is Al Davis has passed away and wont take Demps in the first or second just because he smokes the 40-yard dash.

If the Bengals are able to get all the players you have listed it will be a success. I'd rather see them bring Sims back then go out and draft another DT though. Peko and Atkins are awesome and Sims is another who can be very good if he can stay on the field. I'm very happy with the front 7 and would rather use picks on defense to focus on the secondary.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote