Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in an ironic twist of fate, he becomes a better quarterback because of his time in Houston. After having to adjust to having 2 seconds in the pocket to find his receiver and throw him the ball, having closer to the league-average is going to seem like an eternity. Maybe he learned it the hard way, but I bet he knows how to think fast, now. If he gets his confidence back, I think he'll be a top 10 QB in the league.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Carr is alright and i think he'll be able to do something in Carolina. Good move in my opinion.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Fox starts Carr.

Then the inevitable suckage of Carr will resurface, and the Panthers will have a horrible season.

The Panthers will in turn fire John Fox.

And we'll hire him to replace Coughlin.

Come home Johnny boy. Theres a warm meal waiting for ya in Jersey. Its time to come home.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Then the inevitable suckage of Carr will resurface, and the Panthers will have a horrible season.

Come home Johnny boy. Theres a warm meal waiting for ya in Jersey. Its time to come home.
Ohhhhh god bless you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCutlery View Post
I did exaggerate it, my bad. But he did join Mark Rypien (1998) as the only players in league annals to throw at least two touchdown passes in each of his first three appearances. So he tied it, sorry again.
It actually was 4.
2 against Seattle
2 against SD
2 against Arizona
2 against Cincy

and then 1 against SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't even like the Giants and I want this to happen. There are very few people I hate more than Tom Coughlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Homicide
Rookie

Homicide hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Glad to see this happen.
Homicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is a great move by Carolina. Carolina has a better O-line than Houston and they also look to keep their line together. Carr should do very well behind them and as the future of the franchise.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Nice pickup by Carolina. Carr needed a change of scenery and he'll have low expectations in Carolina. Groom him for a year or two and then toss him in there once Delhomme is finished. There isn't really much to lose with a pickup like this.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
*shrug* vick made the playoffs. carr hasn't even sniffed 8-8.
oh yeah , the falcons played with eleven vicks in o# and eleven in d# , yeah it was vicks playoffrun ....
Old 04-07-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is this really a surprise? My answer is no.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good pickup. If Carr does well, than Offensive Linemen everywhere are going to be sniffing the bucks. I mean if he suddenly were to come a pro bowler it would basically scream how important the OL really is.

Though him suddenly being a pro bowler could just as easily be explained by his moving from the AFC to the NFC, where offense came and died a couple of years ago.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well one could do worse than having steve smith and keyshawn to throw the ball to. I thnk he is better than delhomme but he wont start until he learns the system well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I just thought of that I've brought up in David Carr threads before...

What exactly is the difference between Carr and his Tedford product counterpart Joey Harrington? Why is Carr given every excuse in the world, yet people rip on Harrington?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Something I just thought of that I've brought up in David Carr threads before...

What exactly is the difference between Carr and his Tedford product counterpart Joey Harrington? Why is Carr given every excuse in the world, yet people rip on Harrington?
I think ive come up with an answer to this question.

This is a draft website. So many times, we see players with great measureables being overrated by people on this site. Thats because its a draft website. The average poster here puts too much emphasis on measureables and thinks that players with great measureables are almost always great players, when that is simply not true.

And thats why Carr gets a pass. He was supposed to be great. He has all the measureables you look for.

But measureables are the most overrated aspect of qb'ing. And so many people fail to see that. Look no further than this draft as a perfect example. JaMarcus Russell MUST be the #1 pick. I mean, he could throw it 80 yards!!!

...forget the fact that his work ethic isn't great, nor is his decision making. All that goes out the window. He can fling it, and he's gonna be the #1 pick because of his "ceiling".

And if he busts, you better believe that the same Carr sympathizers will show up at Russell's doorstep. Blaming Oakland's front office, coaching, oline etc. Because anytime a great athlete disappoints, we make extra excuses for him. His athleticism meant he was supposed to be great. And when it doesn't work out that way, we look for excuses. We look to point the finger at someone else. It can't be HIS fault. Thats just how we think as draftniks.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-07-2007 at 09:52 PM.
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The funny thing about it is, Carr was known as a guy who held onto the ball too long coming out of college. So it's not like him ending up on his back all the time in Houston was a surprising development
Old 04-07-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alright signing, we could see Delhome and Carr battling it out for the starting job.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is a draft website. So many times, we see players with great measureables being overrated by people on this site. Thats because its a draft website. The average poster here puts too much emphasis on measureables and thinks that players with great measureables are almost always great players, when that is simply not true.

And thats why Carr gets a pass. He was supposed to be great. He has all the measureables you look for.

But measureables are the most overrated aspect of qb'ing. And so many people fail to see that. Look no further than this draft as a perfect example. JaMarcus Russell MUST be the #1 pick. I mean, he could throw it 80 yards!!!

...forget the fact that his work ethic isn't great, nor is his decision making. All that goes out the window. He can fling it, and he's gonna be the #1 pick because of his "ceiling".

And if he busts, you better believe that the same Carr sympathizers will show up at Russell's doorstep. Blaming Oakland's front office, coaching, oline etc. Because anytime a great athlete disappoints, we make extra excuses for him. His athleticism meant he was supposed to be great. And when it doesn't work out that way, we look for excuses. We look to point the finger at someone else. It can't be HIS fault. Thats just how we think as draftniks.
Very poignant analysis of why people do and don't defend QBs. I like David Carr because cars go fast! Vrooooom!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Carr has never been in a position to succeed until now. That's why.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Good analysis. Many Detroit fans thought that Harrington would flourish once away from Detroit, instead he was a 1 and out, one more year and out of the NFL. People just don't seem to understand that great QB's don't always have great OL's but they produce wins anyways. Carr didn't, hence he's not a great QB by any definition and never will be.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Harrington had more tools than Carr and didn't do much better. Over the yrs. Harrington was sacked less than half the times DC was. Harrington had steady coaching, at least more steady than DC. Basically Carr was set up for failure, but did a comparable job to Harrington who had a better chance to succeed. Hence logic would follow that if they were both put in similar enviroments Carr would do better.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If David Carr started could he be able to take the Panthers to the playoffs?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BLACKnGOLD
Veteran

BLACKnGOLD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Carr could ride DeAngelo Williams to the playoffs if nessecary
Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Harrington had more tools than Carr and didn't do much better. Over the yrs. Harrington was sacked less than half the times DC was. Harrington had steady coaching, at least more steady than DC. Basically Carr was set up for failure, but did a comparable job to Harrington who had a better chance to succeed. Hence logic would follow that if they were both put in similar enviroments Carr would do better.
How did Harrington have more steady coaching? Marty Mornigweg was a horrible coach and Steve Marriucci tried to stick a sqaure peg (Harrington) into a round hole (the West Coast Offense). David Carr gets all the excuses in the world. Nothing is ever his fault. He isn't any different from Harrington and everyone will see that after he fails in his second stop.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
If David Carr started could he be able to take the Panthers to the playoffs?
LOL. Good one. The dude will never have a winning season as a 16 game starter...EVER. For ANY TEAM. He's simply no good.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote