Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-01-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Yes. And it'd probably be more than just a 2nd round pick. Cassel got a 2nd round pick and a pro bowl DE. Kolb got a 2nd and a pro bowl CB. Schaub, the most similar situation got 2 seconds and a swap of the 10th pick to 8th overall. One year of Finley is not worth that.

The Cardinals did it just last year, so don't give me that crap. It doesn't matter.

And your last sentence is another irrelevant note. Any team that'd trade for him isn't just looking at his stats. They're going to watch a lot of film on him and scout him. He can make the throws and run an offense. That's more important than his productivity.
And everybody but the Cardinals thought they were insane on what they gave up

and it does matter the personnel around a QB and should be taken into consideration...Flynn is playing with the best supporting cast in football!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I will not deny that teams take chances on QBs with "potential" but from the Packers perspective is it worth trying to get something for Matt Flynn and letting Jermichael Finley walk???
Why cant we resign Finley? And anyway i'd say yes! This is apparently 'YOTTO 2.0', well if in 2 years of 'taking over' all he can do is drop ball after ball and moan about not getting it then quite frankly, i dont want him here.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel was tagged with the understanding he would be traded. His contract was setup before the trade was finalized, hence not signing the tender.

There is a lot of work behind the scenes before it goes down. It isn't just "let's tag him" and hope it all works out.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Why cant we resign Finley? And anyway i'd say yes! This is apparently 'YOTTO 2.0', well if in 2 years of 'taking over' all he can do is drop ball after ball and moan about not getting it then quite frankly, i dont want him here.
Finley is going to look to get paid BIG and he's gonna wanna find out his market value, making franchise tag the only way to assure he returns next year

Old 01-01-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And everybody but the Cardinals thought they were insane on what they gave up

and it does matter the personnel around a QB and should be taken into consideration...Flynn is playing with the best supporting cast in football!
All it takes is one team, and as I said earlier, there's always going to be a team willing to give up a lot for a QB with potential. And you have no idea what other teams were interested. Maybe everyone you know thought they were insane, but I'm pretty sure you don't know every GM. I bet there were multiple teams interested in Kolb, the Cardinals were just willing to give up more than the others.

And again, irrelevant. I already told you why.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
All it takes is one team, and as I said earlier, there's always going to be a team willing to give up a lot for a QB with potential. And you have no idea what other teams were interested. Maybe everyone you know thought they were insane, but I'm pretty sure you don't know every GM. I bet there were multiple teams interested in Kolb, the Cardinals were just willing to give up more than the others.

And again, irrelevant. I already told you why.
How is it irrelevant who the quarterback's supporting cast is???

Old 01-01-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Cassel was tagged with the understanding he would be traded. His contract was setup before the trade was finalized, hence not signing the tender.

There is a lot of work behind the scenes before it goes down. It isn't just "let's tag him" and hope it all works out.
Didn't you guys do the same thing with Corey Williams a few years back? I'm sure Ted Thompson is capable of getting it done.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Finley is going to look to get paid BIG and he's gonna wanna find out his market value, making franchise tag the only way to assure he returns next year
We are the Green Bay Packers. We are not going to get bossed around by some big-headed, underachieving tight end.

We'll go into the meeting, offer Finley the maximum we want to pay him and then if he says no then let the f***** leave. No player is bigger than the franchise, Finley should be great full hes getting the chance to play for the Packers!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
How is it irrelevant who the quarterback's supporting cast is???
Quote:
I already told you why.
But in case you missed it, here it is again.

Quote:
And your last sentence is another irrelevant note. Any team that'd trade for him isn't just looking at his stats. They're going to watch a lot of film on him and scout him. He can make the throws and run an offense. That's more important than his productivity.
How is it relevant? If you take him off the Packers and put him on the Browns, yes, he'd be less productive. If you take Aaron Rodgers off the Packers and put him on the Browns he'd be less productive too. Irrelevant.

You're just harping on this note, because you're wrong and have nothing else to stand on.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
But in case you missed it, here it is again.

How is it relevant? If you take him off the Packers and put him on the Browns, yes, he'd be less productive. If you take Aaron Rodgers off the Packers and put him on the Browns he'd be less productive too. Irrelevant.

You're just harping on this note, because you're wrong and have nothing else to stand on.
I'm not necessarily talking the numbers...is Matt Flynn a QB that makes the players around him better or is he the product of a system that is equipped with a plethora of options? Or to phrase it another way, is a team trading for a franchise quarterback? I don't know how you can say they are and that's what teams are looking for if they're going to invest as much in him as you suggest

Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not necessarily talking the numbers...is Matt Flynn a QB that makes the players around him better or is he the product of a system that is equipped with a plethora of options? Or to phrase it another way, is a team trading for a franchise quarterback? I don't know how you can say they are and that's what teams are looking for if they're going to invest as much in him as you suggest
If you're picking a QB in the draft during the second round you wont be drafting a 'franchise quarterback'. Who would you rather have, Colin Kaepernick or Matt Flynn? Ovbiously Matt Flynn which would mean Flynn is worth more than a early second round pick.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Matt Cassel played in a damn good offense. That didn't prevent him from being traded for a nice haul. And again, say what you want about how he turned out, doesn't matter.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
If you're picking a QB in the draft during the second round you wont be drafting a 'franchise quarterback'. Who would you rather have, Colin Kaepernick or Matt Flynn? Ovbiously Matt Flynn which would mean Flynn is worth more than a early second round pick.
If you draft a quarterback or invest a Top 40 pick in the position then you're hedging your bets that that guy will be a franchise caliber player for you

with your reasoning would you rather have Matt Flynn or Christian Ponder? most people would say Flynn but that doesn't mean he's worth the 12th pick

Old 01-01-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody is high on Flynn. They were last year after that NE game and knew he was going to be a FA after this year. This Lions game only helped that cause and increased his value.

I dont get your point PF28. Nobody is saying anything about Flynn having great WRs which is the only reason why hes done well. Teams will jump all over this guy they have already been anticipating him being a FA. If the Packers do tag him they can trade him for a good haul. Not saying they will but TTs a smart man and he knows how to do stuff.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Everybody is high on Flynn. They were last year after that NE game and knew he was going to be a FA after this year. This Lions game only helped that cause and increased his value.

I dont get your point PF28. Nobody is saying anything about Flynn having great WRs which is the only reason why hes done well. Teams will jump all over this guy they have already been anticipating him being a FA. If the Packers do tag him they can trade him for a good haul. Not saying they will but TTs a smart man and he knows how to do stuff.
Flynn is ridiculously overrated at this point...he's nothing more than an average quarterback in this league much like the Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolbs of the world

Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Flynn is ridiculously overrated at this point...he's nothing more than an average quarterback in this league much like the Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolbs of the world
What brings you to this assumption? Hes had two starts, nearly beat the Patriots and beat the Lions whilst throwing for 6 touchdowns. Im not saying hes going to be a franchise QB, but I dont understand what you see that makes you certain he will be an average quarterback at best.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Well I've already shown you what the Matt Cassels and Kevin Kolbs of the world fetch in a trade.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You dont even know that for sure. Besides that has nothing to do with what the Packers could potentially get.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
What brings you to this assumption? Hes had two starts, nearly beat the Patriots and beat the Lions whilst throwing for 6 touchdowns. Im not saying hes going to be a franchise QB, but I dont understand what you see that makes you certain he will be an average quarterback at best.
he's got marginal tools while being a smart kid and he's gone up against two horrendous secondaries...i've already mentioned how he's also a beneficiary of a very talented offense as well

Quote:
Well I've already shown you what the Matt Cassels and Kevin Kolbs of the world fetch in a trade.
we shall see...those two also had far more game experience than Flynn

Old 01-01-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
he's got marginal tools while being a smart kid and he's gone up against two horrendous secondaries...i've already mentioned how he's also a beneficiary of a very talented offense as well
Maybe that would be relevant if he had thrown for, say 250 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Lions. But he threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns. I dont care how 'horrendous' the defense is because i didnt see Drew Brees throwing for 6 touchdowns against them and i didnt see Rodgers throw for 6 touchdowns against them (in the comforts of a dome, without horrible snowy, windy weather).

I repeat, im not saying Flynn is better than Rodgers or Brees, but throwing for 6 touchdowns in a game is not something an 'average quarterback' does.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Silverstein reported back in practices before the season started, that Flynn was looking sharper than Rodgers was.
I remember LMAO at those reports. But I re-read them today, and it's pretty interesting.

He talked then, August, about how if some NFL scouts were there at the practices, they'd be phoning home to their GMs.

I never really liked Flynn, ever since I got into a twitter back-&-forth with him over him following the Kardashian ho's, LOL, but he's better than at least 12 starting QBs today.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Flynn shows that he can complete passes 15 yards downfield. Kolb is checkdown city.

he may be an average QB on some other team, but we really don't know. Point is he has played well when given the chance and has gotten better each year(going by his preseason performances) that is more than you can say for quite a few of these current "starters" in the league

IF they tag him, we'll know that they already most likely have a deal in place
Old 01-02-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

I never really liked Flynn, ever since I got into a twitter back-&-forth with him over him following the Kardashian ho's, LOL
wait what? you serious.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
wait what? you serious.
Jokes.... I used to tease him on twitter for following all the Karashians.... back in 08 or 09.....

But think back to that 2008 Draft.
What do you think Brian Brohm was thinking last night after seeing what Flynn did?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote