Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
We'll, considering we were without the services of Ginn and Williams, I'm not overly concerned. Both will be back for the first playoff game so its a moot point. Defense could have played better but we rested to some guys in the second half and it almost bite us in the ass. But we won and that's all that really matters at this point.

The team is what it is. We are the Falcons from last year, but with a better defense. We're a ball-control offense that needs to play mistake-free to win. Considering where we were this time last year, I'll take that in a heartbeat. But this team is just in the beggining stages. Im egaer to see what Baalke has in store this off-season for improvements. I don't think ppl understand just how remarkable a turnaround this year was. We had ZERO prep time to install our sytems and get our players familar with the little intricate details of both schemes. Obviously it was a little easier defensively, sticking with the 3-4 but offensively, the switch to the WCO is not something to be taken lightly. We were basically learning on the fly. Imagine how we'll look with a complete off-season to install the entire playbook. To tweak certain elements in the offense to fit our personel better. To add players who fit the scheme better, now that we have actually game-film of our offense and defense and where we need to see improvement. We're just getting started. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, I'm VERY excited about the future. Im going to love sitting back and watching Baalke and Harbaugh develop this team into a yearly contender. Stop and smell the roses ppl.....
Agreed with everything, it feels good.

Good to see both vD and Crabs get 100 yrd games too. Crabs is so legit.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Finally. The number two seed is clinched. But this was a terrible win. The 49ers almost allowed the Rams to beat them. This is one of the worst 13-3 teams I've ever seen I hate to say, maybe worse than the 2008 Titans and the 2001 Bears. God-awful quarterback play will get you roasted in the playoffs like what happened to those teams. Alex Smith needs to be let go and the franchise needs to get someone else in either a trade or draft another quarterback. Smith's performances this season won't get it done in the long run. Just a disgrace. Not sold on Kaepernick either. Don't have time for a project. Get Matt Flynn in here or draft another quarterback in the later rounds with the opportunity to start.
Haters gonna hate

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
Old 01-01-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not the greatest win but a win is what they needed. The Niners weren't handed anything and EARNED their place in the playoffs with a bye. Just because the team has flaws doesn't mean we all can't enjoy their run. I'm hoping for the best (we've all been conditioned for the worst in recent years) so we should all be appreciative for what they've accomplished and enjoy where this run takes them. Anything can happen and their D is Championship Caliber. We'll have plenty of time to discuss how they can strengthen the team in the offseason but let's (for once in years) enjoy what they're going to do in the playoffs.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 01-01-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Finally. The number two seed is clinched. But this was a terrible win. The 49ers almost allowed the Rams to beat them. This is one of the worst 13-3 teams I've ever seen I hate to say, maybe worse than the 2008 Titans and the 2001 Bears. God-awful quarterback play will get you roasted in the playoffs like what happened to those teams. Alex Smith needs to be let go and the franchise needs to get someone else in either a trade or draft another quarterback. Smith's performances this season won't get it done in the long run. Just a disgrace. Not sold on Kaepernick either. Don't have time for a project. Get Matt Flynn in here or draft another quarterback in the later rounds with the opportunity to start.
We could win the super bowl and you would still find something to complain about.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who will we likely play in the 2nd week?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Haters gonna hate
Cool story bro.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
lol, stop being emo. Alex has had a very solid season, and you know it. I know you hate him and you personal bias gets in the way, but deep down you know it and so do most fans. I'm not gonna argue about Alex with an overly emotional fan though, it's a waste of time. This season has been too much fun, with too many positives including solid QB play. Have fun celebrating (or whining) about being 13-3!!! CONGRATS.
He's had an average season by today's standards. Maybe if this was ten seasons ago it would be viewed as solid.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
We could win the super bowl and you would still find something to complain about.
No. Winning the Super Bowl would be the end of the tunnel. What would I have to worry about? The playoffs haven't started yet, so there is reason to be concerned with average to terrible quarterback play.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. Winning the Super Bowl would be the end of the tunnel. What would I have to worry about? The playoffs haven't started yet, so there is reason to be concerned with average to terrible quarterback play.
Alex hasn't played terrible all year. That's just hyperpole at its finest. He's had his moments of inaccuarcy but nowhere has he been downright terrible. We were short-handed at WR and Gore played about 20 snaps and we still put up 34 points. We nearly had two receivers with over a 100 yards receiving. Alex wasn't the problem today, it was the defense, particularly our pass defense. How they let a QB scramble for a 18 yard TD run whose last name is not Vick, Newton, or Tebow is beyond me. Execution and attention to detail must be shored-up leading up to the 14th.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Alex hasn't played terrible all year. That's just hyperpole at its finest. He's had his moments of inaccuarcy but nowhere has he been downright terrible. We were short-handed at WR and Gore played about 20 snaps and we still put up 34 points. We nearly had two receivers with over a 100 yards receiving. Alex wasn't the problem today, it was the defense, particularly our pass defense. How they let a QB scramble for a 18 yard TD run whose last name is not Vick, Newton, or Tebow is beyond me. Execution and attention to detail must be shored-up leading up to the 14th.
You look at the top teams executing on third down. All of those are pretty much franchise quarterbacks. Executing on third down pretty much goes hand in hand with how good your starter is. The worst teams in the NFL usually have the worst quarterbacks. Or at least very average ones, which is what Smith is.

Unfortunately I already know he's going to be here next season. And I don't think he gets a nice deal at the end of this year. Maybe he gets franchised? I think Alex would have to settle for that. I doubt he takes his chances learning another system on another team. 49ers have all of the leverage here. The best Alex can do is not lead the league in sacks like he did this year, and convert a respectable amount of third downs with this throws. He's really fortunate he plays on a team with a good defense and good special teams. Because if he was on a team like the New York Giants he probably would have been benched by now.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The running game and the defense sucked today. Alex and the passing game were the only reason we won the game.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not going to get worried after this game. I think back to the Steelers game, they showed up focused and ready to ball, I think having home field (save playing the Packers) will be great for the team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again Ness, its not ALL on Alex. Have you seen our 3rd down play-calling? Have you seen the drop passes on 3rd down? Did you forget our O-Line's inability to pick-up a blitz for most of the season? No one more is more critical of Alex improving than me but you can't just tell the one side of the story the benefits your arguement. Yes, 3rd down is a huge problem going foward but that's a problem for the offense as a whole. Alex, Jimbaugh, Roman, O-Line, receivers all have to step up their game. Its a offensive problem, not a QB problem. My biggest gripe with our 3rd down conversion has been play-calling. It has not been aggressive and Im sick of seeing us in the shotgun on 3rd and 3, 3rd and 2. The defense already knows what's coming. Those should be instances where you put 2 RBs behind Alex and you make the defense wonder whether its a pass or run. We should be running for a few of those. We tip our hand far too much on 3rd and managable for me. And we dont utilized the FB enough. Miller is good pass-catcher. Rathman was notorious for catching passes out of the backfield to move the chains back in the Walsh days. 2 RBs allow you to see more base defense, which should be a LB on a guy like Miller or Gore. Match-ups we should win.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-01-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Again Ness, its not ALL on Alex. Have you seen our 3rd down play-calling? Have you seen the drop passes on 3rd down? Did you forget our O-Line's inability to pick-up a blitz for most of the season? No one more is more critical of Alex improving than me but you can't just tell the one side of the story the benefits your arguement. Yes, 3rd down is a huge problem going foward but that's a problem for the offense as a whole. Alex, Jimbaugh, Roman, O-Line, receivers all have to step up their game. Its a offensive problem, not a QB problem. My biggest gripe with our 3rd down conversion has been play-calling. It has not been aggressive and Im sick of seeing us in the shotgun on 3rd and 3, 3rd and 2. The defense already knows what's coming. Those should be instances where you put 2 RBs behind Alex and you make the defense wonder whether its a pass or run. We should be running for a few of those. We tip our hand far too much on 3rd and managable for me. And we dont utilized the FB enough. Miller is good pass-catcher. Rathman was notorious for catching passes out of the backfield to move the chains back in the Walsh days. 2 RBs allow you to see more base defense, which should be a LB on a guy like Miller or Gore. Match-ups we should win.
Did you ever think that it's Alex that needs to be replaced? I'm willing to bet you if we had someone like Matt Ryan at the very least those problems you are talking about either go away or aren't that big of an issue due to better pocket presence, and better accuracy on throws made. You can use all of those excuses for all of the quarterbacks that are rated low in third down efficiency. Sorry, but he needs to be replaced. He can't carry this team on his back consistently and he's not winning a shootout against Brees or Rodgers.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I want to see Smith re-signed because changing QB's will be the same thing as changing OC's like we've done the last six years with him. Smith played good today, didnt make any mistakes and didnt turn the ball over. Game was over at 34-13. Rams scored two garbage TD's. Big deal.

Willis shouldnt have played though. I would have started Grant instead and I was pissed that Bowman got that sack. I thought it was Aldon. :(

And Ness, you need to relax. Its amazing how you always blame Smith but no one else. And if you dont see the HUGE improvement in Smith this year compared to his last six years, then you quite simply for whatever reason, just hate the guy, period. Give the guy a chance.

And stop comparing us to the Saints/Packers because neither of those teams are perfect, in fact, far from it and both can be beat by us. I even think the Lions can beat the Saints in NO because the Lions can score points just like they do.

I'm not even worried about who we play. Im just happy we finally got back into the playoffs and have an HC, OC and DC who'll hopefully be around for years and build this team up to be a consistent year in and year out division winner like we used to be.

Enjoy the bye week everyone. I know I will (especially if Falcons and Lions win). :)
Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Personally, I want to see Smith re-signed because changing QB's will be the same thing as changing OC's like we've done the last six years with him. Smith played good today, didnt make any mistakes and didnt turn the ball over. Game was over at 34-13. Rams scored two garbage TD's. Big deal.

Willis shouldnt have played though. I would have started Grant instead and I was pissed that Bowman got that sack. I thought it was Aldon. :(

And Ness, you need to relax. Its amazing how you always blame Smith but no one else. And if you dont see the HUGE improvement in Smith this year compared to his last six years, then you quite simply for whatever reason, just hate the guy, period. Give the guy a chance.

And stop comparing us to the Saints/Packers because neither of those teams are perfect, in fact, far from it and both can be beat by us. I even think the Lions can beat the Saints in NO because the Lions can score points just like they do.

I'm not even worried about who we play. Im just happy we finally got back into the playoffs and have an HC, OC and DC who'll hopefully be around for years and build this team up to be a consistent year in and year out division winner like we used to be.

Enjoy the bye week everyone. I know I will (especially if Falcons and Lions win). :)
Well Alex deserves another year. I don't think he gets better to the point that he's the answer that we are looking for at quarterback though. After next season if he doesn't improve, we need to look for his replacement. Let Kaepernick get an opportunity or find someone else. Just look at the teams that have won the Super Bowl. The majority of them have quarterback that have the potential to dominate a game. I'm talking 350 yard/4 touchdown performance. Someone that plays well for four entire quarters. Don't see that from Smith. And the guy has had his chances. Seven years he has been a 49er. He'll get next year based on his performance in 2011. Not expecting much more than what we have seen this year though. Until Smith shows he can dominate a game and crush an opposing team without every single thing working for him (line not playing PERFECT for him to succeed, receivers not playing PERFECT for him to succeed) then I'll always doubt his abilities as a starting quarterback.

It's a passing league and the rules favor the offense Dan. That's why everyone thinks the championship game will be between the Saints and Packers because they have Brees and Rodgers.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Did you folks see Jim Harbaugh's entire press conference? Seemed like an asshole.

Harbaugh has worked miracles here, and I know he's not out to make friends, but I don't think it's a little much to ask that you just "play the game" with the media. Harbaugh is going to have to do this for a long time. Might as well get used to it. I probably wouldn't like the media either, but acting like a douchebag isn't going to help.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:26 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just let Ness ***** and complain his choice if he doesn't want to enjoy success.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Just let Ness ***** and complain his choice if he doesn't want to enjoy success.
LMFAO. Yeah excuse me for being the only one that sees the huge facade in the offense. Not like it matters or anything. Game managing offenses always win the Super Bowl. Oh wait...

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did you folks see Jim Harbaugh's entire press conference? Seemed like an asshole.

Harbaugh has worked miracles here, and I know he's not out to make friends, but I don't think it's a little much to ask that you just "play the game" with the media. Harbaugh is going to have to do this for a long time. Might as well get used to it. I probably wouldn't like the media either, but acting like a douchebag isn't going to help.
Who gives a flying **** what Jimbaugh does in press conferences? Have you seen Bilichick in his post game press conferences? He sounds like its the most painful 20 minutes of his life. No emotion, very ******-like respones to media questions. Hasn't stopped him from winning Super Bowls. Jimbaugh can deal with the media however he likes, I could care less. He still has football left to coach and he's focused on the task at hand. He can be all lovey dovey with the beat writers in the off-season, screw them and their feelings.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
LMFAO. Yeah excuse me for being the only one that sees the huge facade in the offense. Not like it matters or anything. Game managing offenses always win the Super Bowl. Oh wait...
Its the fact that you would rather point out the negatives than focus on the positives. We ALL know Alex's limitations. We not in here complaining about it every other day like you. I love when fans use realism as a excuse to for their slanted persepctive. I'm just keeping it real. No, your just keeping it one-sided. We know Alex is flawed. I've been critical of Alex in when his play has called for it. But I still like our chances in the playoffs, even with a flawed Alex Smith as our QB. Its apparent you can't wait for us to lose to the Saints or Green Bay so you can run in here and let us know how right you were, and that Alex sucks. Its like your waiting for us to fail instead of rooting for us to succeed......you know, what fans generally do in these circumstances. Maybe I'm wrong but I get the sense that even if we beat both Green Bay and NO, you would still be convinced Alex is garbage and is the one holding this team back. That we won, despite Alex.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Who gives a flying **** what Jimbaugh does in press conferences? Have you seen Bilichick in his post game press conferences? He sounds like its the most painful 20 minutes of his life. No emotion, very ******-like respones to media questions. Hasn't stopped him from winning Super Bowls. Jimbaugh can deal with the media however he likes, I could care less. He still has football left to coach and he's focused on the task at hand. He can be all lovey dovey with the beat writers in the off-season, screw them and their feelings.
Difference is Belichick doesn't get emotionally pissed off because a writer says something in a press conference. Belichick really comes off as if whatever is said, he could care less. Harbaugh looks like he takes it personally.

You are right, it's all about results. And Harbaugh is getting them. But we've seen what happens with a guy like Singletary who can't keep his cool. The good thing is that Jim knows X's and O's and has a great staff. And long as he keeps winning, it's fine though.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Its the fact that you would rather point out the negatives than focus on the positives. We ALL know Alex's limitations. We not in here complaining about it every other day like you. I love when fans use realism as a excuse to for their slanted persepctive. I'm just keeping it real. No, your just keeping it one-sided. We know Alex is flawed. I've been critical of Alex in when his play has called for it. But I still like our chances in the playoffs, even with a flawed Alex Smith as our QB. Its apparent you can't wait for us to lose to the Saints or Green Bay so you can run in here and let us know how right you were, and that Alex sucks. Its like your waiting for us to fail instead of rooting for us to succeed......you know, what fans generally do in these circumstances. Maybe I'm wrong but I get the sense that even if we beat both Green Bay and NO, you would still be convinced Alex is garbage and is the one holding this team back. That we won, despite Alex.
Hey I've already said that I hope Alex makes me look like a dumbass. I said this last week. I don't care about losing face. I want to win. Which is why I complain about our offensive woes. Your right, if the 49ers lose and Alex has a good amount to do with that, I will come in here and rant that he needs to be replaced. If they quite frankly, shock the world, then I'll admit I was an idiot and should shut up. I'll give any guy his due if he proves it. I'd rather win than be right on a message board.

I'm looking at the negatives on the offense, because there are more negatives than positives.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll give any guy his due if he proves it. I'd rather win than be right on a message board.
But that's the thing, you've predicted the 49ers to lose nearly every single game this season. You say you'd "rather win."... Well 13-3 and you're still saying the same things as you did last year. Obviously it's not winning that will make you happy.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Difference is Belichick doesn't get emotionally pissed off because a writer says something in a press conference. Belichick really comes off as if whatever is said, he could care less. Harbaugh looks like he takes it personally.

You are right, it's all about results. And Harbaugh is getting them. But we've seen what happens with a guy like Singletary who can't keep his cool. The good thing is that Jim knows X's and O's and has a great staff. And long as he keeps winning, it's fine though.
Go read Jimbaugh's presser from today. Read any of his pressers.....there is a theme. The thing that jumps out in his pressers is that Jimbaugh says only nice things about his players to the press. The beat writers were looking for who to blame for the things that didnít work as planned and Jimbaugh wasnít haven't it. Instead he completely redirected the conversation to praise people (like Lee, Akers, T. Brown, etc.) that the reporters didnít want to talk about. When the door is closed and the press isnít there Jimbaugh can call you out and tell you that you screwed up. But he makes sure when your mom, dad, aunts, or your kids are going to read it in the paper at breakfast, he says you are a hero. That is pure genius on his part and something so little but probably earns so much respect from his players. Damn right he takes it personal. Because he's all about protecting his guys while most of the media is in the job of trying to find the next bit of turmoil or negativity. Kudos to him for having none of it.
Closed Thread