Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-29-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
If it is indeed who I think it is, then PSU is going to pretty decent. However, I can only speculate at this point which is useless. We will find out whenever it is announced in January.
Who do you THINK it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just heard that Penn State is targeting Eric Mangini. (from a local show in NYC)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard just about every name thrown out there. Even Tim Murphy the head coach of Harvard. People are just throwing names out there to make it seem like they know what they are talking about. None of them do, because NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING at this point. I'm very confident in the abilities of Dave Joyner and Ira Lubert, who are conducting the search. They will find someone good, if they have not already. There are signs that PSU has their guy.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just said "If it is who I think it is, then PSU will be decent" so you made it sound like you had an idea/or a guess of who it was...just figured I'd ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
You just said "If it is who I think it is, then PSU will be decent" so you made it sound like you had an idea/or a guess of who it was...just figured I'd ask.
Yeah I can only guess at this point. I've just been reading a lot of rumors lately. I had to stop and think for a second about what is known and what is unknown. Anything you read is simply speculation. I just have a feeling that the coach will be one a very good one. Penn State's main source of revenue is football and I strongly believe that Joyner and Lubert will hire a great coach to make sure that doesn't change.

In college sports at the division I level the only two sports that make a profit are basketball and football. The revenue generated from these two is usually enough to cover the loses generated by all other sports. Penn State basketball has never been very good and more than likely never will be. Football is the main source of their revenue and they are not about to lose that much money hiring an average coach. IMO they will be aiming for some of the best coaches out there. PSU is in the wake of a horrific scandal and hiring a great new head coach will be something very positive, which the school desperately needs right now.

At this point I'm not going to say any names because I don't know anything. sorry hahaha

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 01-01-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill O'Brian to Penn State is being reported everywhere. Don't know enough about him to really say anything about the hire. If the Patriots make a playoff run he's gonna be busy with them for another couple weeks.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Bill O'Brian to Penn State is being reported everywhere. Don't know enough about him to really say anything about the hire. If the Patriots make a playoff run he's gonna be busy with them for another couple weeks.
Seeing this show up everywhere as well. Brown connection?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the idea of hiring someone with no head coaching experience, and limited college experience.

I realize Penn State is in a unique situation to say the least, and this isn't the worst hire they could make, but I'm not sure it's an upgrade over Bradley. But, then again, O'Brien has nothing to do with Paterno, and that might be enough for now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'Brien isn't anything special. The offense has been productive under him, but that has more to do with Tom Brady than anything else. Under his watch, we've struggled to find meaningful production from a third receiver and lost the down the field pass. I'm not sure what kind of head coach he would make, but you aren't getting an offensive geniuzzzz if you guys do go with him. That would really bone us though, if he left before the playoffs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'Brian would be an utter failure. No HC experience. Not much college experience. A whole bunch of legal and marketing issues with the PSU brand.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't like the idea of hiring someone with no head coaching experience, and limited college experience.

I realize Penn State is in a unique situation to say the least, and this isn't the worst hire they could make, but I'm not sure it's an upgrade over Bradley. But, then again, O'Brien has nothing to do with Paterno, and that might be enough for now.
Yea, i'm not a fan of O'Brien either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think(hope) it's just smokescreen.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Its just another smokescreen. Theres no way its OBrien. Trust me, whatever ESPN is reporting is false. They are idiots who try and grab any headline. No way its him. Joyner is playing with the media. No way it is leaked the day before the bowl game after being so secretive about it for this long. I don't buy it.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Last edited by Santonio10 : 01-01-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU grabs ND coaches Hinton and Warinner.

LOL @ ND promoting their DB coach to be the new OC.

Hopefully Warinner helps brings some of those oline recruits to OSU.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hinton is going to be recruiting coordinator as well.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee DC Justin Wilcox and LB coach Peter Sirmon have both left the program to take the same positions at Washington

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that's a blow to Tennessee.

Wilcox should be in line for a head job in a year or two, so I wonder why he made what looks like, at best, a lateral move.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Wow, that's a blow to Tennessee.

Wilcox should be in line for a head job in a year or two, so I wonder why he made what looks like, at best, a lateral move.
Maybe Washington threw a ton of money at him after that defensive debacle against Baylor.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Wilcox couldn't handle all that SEC speed.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. That was a completely unexpected hire from UDub. Seeing the Vols fans going apeshit I would assume thats a good hire?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're pretty upset about losing them. Wilcox is polarizing among Vol fans. Personally I liked him. Sirmon is universally loved. He's a beast recruiter. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Ianello named WR coach and recruiting coordinator at KU
Old 01-03-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whispers that Paul Chryst wants Tom Bradley to be the DC at Pitt.

PR nightmare but football and recruiting coup if it happened.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

At least Chryst would know that Bradley wouldn't rat him out over just about anything.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
mriforgot
Rookie

mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Putting aside all the PSU nightmares, a very solid hire for Pitt. Bradley's been a very good DC, and would probably be a solid HC somewhere, but I don't think that will ever happen anymore, unless he goes FCS.
mriforgot is offline   Reply With Quote