Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Strange...

Polk did play a couple of games as a true freshman.

Perhaps he never officially applied for a redshirt and is considered a senior? I don't know...

I am mildly surprised Jermaine Kearse didn't get an invite too.
Loaded WR class. I'm sure Kearse may end up there ultimately if an injury happens.

As for Polk, it is confusing. Heck, on twitter, Kevin even mentioned awhile that he hoped Polk would stay another year. Very strange.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Chris Polk to the Senior Bowl thing might be the most puzzling thing I've ever seen. Definitely interesting.

Anybody got this figured out yet...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Polk thing is simple to explain.

He was a senior this year. If he wanted to he could have applied and got a medical redshirt for his freshman season's injury and been a redshirt senior next year. You don't get medshirt until after your 4th year of eligibility is up. Common misconception. He didn't redshirt b/c of injury, but he was eligible for the 5th year b/c of it. (you don't officially get the title or redshirt senior for medical reshirts until after your 4th year)
Old 01-03-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Polk the the Senior Bowl is certainly interesting. He's got a chance to be the best back down there this year as well, which certainly has shown to count for something in way of draft position before.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

He was a senior this year. If he wanted to he could have applied and got a medical redshirt for his freshman season's injury and been a redshirt senior next year. You don't get medshirt until after your 4th year of eligibility is up. Common misconception. He didn't redshirt b/c of injury, but he was eligible for the 5th year b/c of it. (you don't officially get the title or redshirt senior for medical reshirts until after your 4th year)
It's just interesting that the Washington page would still list him as a junior.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

That's not really true either.

Washington listed him as a junior this year, which means he got the medical redshirt/medical hardship waiver (which are reviewed and granted by the conferences annually). Most conferences require you to submit for the waiver within a certain amount of time after the season ends.

It's the 5 year window waiver that can't be granted (by the NCAA) until after a player has used up his 5 years to play 4.

Now, how he's eligible for the Senior Bowl? I have no idea.

Either he never did submit the hardship or there's some loophole to undo the waiver and have your eligibility deemed "exhausted"
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
AlexDunlap
Rookie

AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is safe to add Joe Adams (Arkansas WR/KR) at this point.

I have also seen reports surface this morning that Ohio State will be sending Dan Herron, Mike Adams and Mike Brewster.

I have since spoke with the Buckeye SID Director for football, and he told me that he had no knowledge of any of them accepting invites, but admitted that these are things he sometimes deals with on the back end. Said he hoped to "have a few players in that game, but the only (thing like that) we've had in this office was sending a photo of DeVier Posey for the Shrine Game."

I'll bet all three get officially announced soon.
AlexDunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Certainly not a shocker, but NC St. LB Audie Cole will be in Mobile.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I wish Crick didn't get hurt. I was looking forward to watching him the most.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Adams and Jake Bequette of Arkansas are confirmed.

That means no invite for Shane P. Hallam favorite and my cousin Jarius Wright, which is a mild surprise. According to the same article. Wright is going to be at the East / West Shrine Game.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
It's just interesting that the Washington page would still list him as a junior.
they sometimes list them as their eligibility indicates in that case. When the injury happens before their senior year they usually do. But you can't technically apply for the medical waiver until after your 4 years are up, so Polk leaving this year means he didn't apply for it and in hindsight he was technically a senior instead of a junior. It is very weird and hasn't happened before, but it makes sense if you consider the waiver rules I guess.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDunlap View Post
I think it is safe to add Joe Adams (Arkansas WR/KR) at this point.

I have also seen reports surface this morning that Ohio State will be sending Dan Herron, Mike Adams and Mike Brewster.

I have since spoke with the Buckeye SID Director for football, and he told me that he had no knowledge of any of them accepting invites, but admitted that these are things he sometimes deals with on the back end. Said he hoped to "have a few players in that game, but the only (thing like that) we've had in this office was sending a photo of DeVier Posey for the Shrine Game."

I'll bet all three get officially announced soon.
It's a shame, Posey would be a sure thing for the senior bowl if he played more than 3 games this year...though the Shrine bowl is pretty much senior bowl light.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Joe Adams and Jake Bequette of Arkansas are confirmed.

That means no invite for Shane P. Hallam favorite and my cousin Jarius Wright, which is a mild surprise. According to the same article. Wright is going to be at the East / West Shrine Game.
Between Wright and Posey and Kearse, I'll be watching the WRs in the Shrine Game for sure, haha.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

A couple of Florida Gators added in RB Chris Rainey and DT Jaye Howard.

Why no Jeff Demps?!?

Old 01-04-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why no Jeff Demps?!?
He might be too fast.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About time some Gators are added. I'm surprised Demps hasn't gotten his invite yet he would explore on that field given a chance.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure why my B.J. Cunningham demands haven't been granted yet, but I'm glad my guy Joe Adams is going as well.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Not sure why my B.J. Cunningham demands haven't been granted yet, but I'm glad my guy Joe Adams is going as well.
"My guys" at the Senior Bowl: Tannehill, Doug Martin (Reaaally like the way he runs), T.Y. Hilton (More to see how he plays against All-Stars), Nick Toon, Kendall Wright, and Alameda Ta’amu.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
AlexDunlap
Rookie

AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can confirm Notre Dame S Harrison Smith has received an invite, and will be attending the Senior Bowl.

I can also confirm that WR Michael Floyd has received an invite, but is still on the fence about whether he will be participating in the game. I spoke with Brian Hardin, Director of Football Communications at Notre Dame minutes ago, and he said that he would be seeking further information on Floyd's decision today, and that we may know more by tomorrow. Apparently he is contemplating whether it may or may not be necessary in elevating his stock.
AlexDunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDunlap View Post
I can confirm Notre Dame S Harrison Smith has received an invite, and will be attending the Senior Bowl.

I can also confirm that WR Michael Floyd has received an invite, but is still on the fence about whether he will be participating in the game. I spoke with Brian Hardin, Director of Football Communications at Notre Dame minutes ago, and he said that he would be seeking further information on Floyd's decision today, and that we may know more by tomorrow. Apparently he is contemplating whether it may or may not be necessary in elevating his stock.
Floyd shouldn't think twice; he's got to play. With all the negative pub he has received through his career, he needs to take every opportunity to prove he is committed to being the best player he can be. His draft stock is hardly secure, and a great week in Mobile could be just the momentum boost he needs.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why no Jeff Demps?!?

I wouldn't have invited him either to be honest. Not impressed with Demps at all.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
Floyd shouldn't think twice; he's got to play. With all the negative pub he has received through his career, he needs to take every opportunity to prove he is committed to being the best player he can be. His draft stock is hardly secure, and a great week in Mobile could be just the momentum boost he needs.
No. Michael don't play! Come on down to #19!
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Official confirmation on four Nittany Lions: http://www.seniorbowl.com/article.asp?articleID=333

Already knew about Still, Crawford and Troutman but Lynn is a new name.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Official confirmation on four Nittany Lions: http://www.seniorbowl.com/article.asp?articleID=333

Already knew about Still, Crawford and Troutman but Lynn is a new name.
I'd think Lynn is a safety in the NFL. Probably should have been a safety at PSU, too, though he was an adequate college corner.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stars of Senior week in Mobile-Chris Rainey and Kendall Wright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote