Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

So, we need play makers on D and we don't have them.

Problem is we really need a ton of talent to get better starters and some depth. 1 DE (new starter), 1 NT (new starter), 1 MLB (new starter or backup with Carter promoted), 1-2 CB (1 starter and 1 back-up), 1 OLB (Butler to WOLB starter and quality backup somewhere), 1 Safety (Sensy sucks, sorry, Starter)....

2 Promotions to Starter from Current Roster (ILB and OLB)
2 Back up Type Newbie Players (ILB and OLB)
4 New Starters (DL, CB, S)

...... damn, that is an off-season of work.

Even with the draft (4-5 make the team), you are talking at least 4-5 more FA type players
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
So, we need play makers on D and we don't have them.

Problem is we really need a ton of talent to get better starters and some depth. 1 DE (new starter), 1 NT (new starter), 1 MLB (new starter or backup with Carter promoted), 1-2 CB (1 starter and 1 back-up), 1 OLB (Butler to WOLB starter and quality backup somewhere), 1 Safety (Sensy sucks, sorry, Starter)....

2 Promotions to Starter from Current Roster (ILB and OLB)
2 Back up Type Newbie Players (ILB and OLB)
4 New Starters (DL, CB, S)

...... damn, that is an off-season of work.

Even with the draft (4-5 make the team), you are talking at least 4-5 more FA type players
Pretty Much. I've been working on a off-season scenario as well and it isn't exactly cheap.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on going after Robert Mathis as an OLB? Might be on the pricey side though.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barely crawling out of my hole after that abortion of a performance Sunday night..

Just wanted to mention how someone here (not sure if it was MOTH, or Thule or someone) after the Lions game said that we are what we are. At that point, we were a .500 team playing great in spurts and like dogshit in longer spurts. Not surprisingly, we end the season at .500 when we had so many chances throughout the year to lock up the division, or at least build a comfortable enough lead to where we aren't gambling our playoffs in week 17.

I'm more disappointed than i thought i'd be, because this team looked absolutely awful. If you weren't hearing it every five seconds from the announcing crew, you wouldn't even know this game was for a playoff berth, since only one team wanted it.

Lastly, i hope Terence Newman dies slowly and painfully in a fire. I've been calling for his head for months, and the **** he pulled Sunday was pathetic. I can't remember the last time i saw a corner see so much playing time looking as awful as he has. Yeah, but forget giving Aso or Joseph a little extra money, let's keep Newman on for $8M! Smh.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, Victor Butler is not a starter. He is a rotational pass rusher. He would get obliterated in the run on 1st and 2nd down. End of story.

On a side note. I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT SPARANO.

Hudson Houck's contract is up. Bring in Sparano as the OL coach and running game coordinator RIGHT NOW.

Get that done. NOW.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just listened to the Jerry Jones show, and he said he likes what we are doing along the o-line and they should be better after an off-season of strength and conditioning....

I really, really hope that's just a politically correct statement. If we go into next season with bill nagy at LG, we might as well concede defeat and not play.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry can go **** himself if he really thinks all the line needs is strength and conditioning.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Jerry can go **** himself if he really thinks all the line needs is strength and conditioning.
I really, really hope he was just being politically correct..

What do you all think about Sparano? I want him, and I think it has a good chance of happening. Our running game was dominant in '07, and he made garrett a better play caller.

Houck's contract is up, and it's not like people are gonna be banging down Sparano's door.... It's a perfect fit.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would very much be in favor of Sparano.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, i'm all in favor of Sparano coming back here, but i'm not sure Garrett would be completely on board with that.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Love Sparano. Never happen. Jerry's ego will not get off JG.

He just went on radio talking about how great decisions making processes are with him as GM. ""22 Years" of great decisions!!! ROTLFMAO!!

Man, wow, I guess all we can ask for is a sudden blood clot to work miracles and force his retirement. Dude is delusional and seems to get hallucinations of greatness.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Love Sparano. Never happen. Jerry's ego will not get off JG.

He just went on radio talking about how great decisions making processes are with him as GM. ""22 Years" of great decisions!!! ROTLFMAO!!

Man, wow, I guess all we can ask for is a sudden blood clot to work miracles and force his retirement. Dude is delusional and seems to get hallucinations of greatness.
What do you mean dude? Sparano would come in and be the OL coach and running game coordinator. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think it makes perfect sense and is a good possibility.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think what Bob is trying to say is that Jerry will not admit that he has made bad personnel moves, or that the team needs help, mostly because he thinks everything he has done has been great. And i'm gonna have to agree with bob here.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think what Bob is trying to say is that Jerry will not admit that he has made bad personnel moves, or that the team needs help, mostly because he thinks everything he has done has been great. And i'm gonna have to agree with bob here.
Okay guys, I'm as angry as anyone at JJ, but these types of comments really go a bit too far, IMO.

I sincerely doubt that JJ is sitting in his office today thinking that EVERYTHING he has done was perfect.

Also, why would Sparano coming back as OL coach and running game coordinator be a hit to JJ's ego? That makes no sense.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-04-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Okay guys, I'm as angry as anyone at JJ, but these types of comments really go a bit too far, IMO.

I sincerely doubt that JJ is sitting in his office today thinking that EVERYTHING he has done was perfect.

Also, why would Sparano coming back as OL coach and running game coordinator be a hit to JJ's ego? That makes no sense.
If Sparano doesn't come back I doubt it's due to Jerry. I don't think they have bad blood or anything. It's not like Jerry ****** him over by picking Wade over him or something. If they don't bring him back it may be because Garrett wants someone else or that Sparano wants to be somewhere different than where he has been already.

It's too bad that Paul Chryst got the new head coaching job at U of Pitt. I think he could have been a good hire as an OC with his ties to Garrett and how Wisconsin has had one of the most beautiful looking offensive lines in college for a while now. I'd kill for the Cowboys to have a line with great feet like that.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, here's a random thought. Dez is going to be a monster next year. The third year for a receiver is when the big transformation happens, and his numbers were pretty damn impressive for a second year guy. 63 catches, 928 yards, and 9 touchdowns with no real offseason and battling injuries. I'm thinking he puts up some Pro Bowl numbers next year. Something like 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Bringing in Sparano would be to make him OC. Making him OC would be a) a slap at JG, b) an admission we should have had an OC earlier, and c) an admittance that when Parcells left Sparano should have been given the OC job to begin with.

Come on guys. Have any of you ever wielded power over people? Ever? That is exactly how the thought processes work through the entire organization.

Sparano will not be back as OC. Jerrah too egotistical and dumb and Sparano knows he got a raw deal in Miami and will get another shot as a OC/HC ina better organization then this one.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 01-04-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Also, here's a random thought. Dez is going to be a monster next year. The third year for a receiver is when the big transformation happens, and his numbers were pretty damn impressive for a second year guy. 63 catches, 928 yards, and 9 touchdowns with no real offseason and battling injuries. I'm thinking he puts up some Pro Bowl numbers next year. Something like 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Man crushes are so hard to give up.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bringing in Sparano would be to make him OC. Making him OC would be a) a slap at JG, b) an admission we should have had an OC earlier, and c) an admittance that when Parcells left Sparano should have been given the OC job to begin with.

Come on guys. Have any of you ever wielded power over people? Ever? That is exactly how the thought processes work through the entire organization.

Sparano will not be back as OC. Jerrah too egotistical and dumb and Sparano knows he got a raw deal in Miami and will get another shot as a OC/HC ina better organization then this one.
Yeah, I've been managing people for 20 years and one of the best traits a manager can have is the ability to do away with ego. If something makes an organization better, it's your obligation to your employer to do it.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
The thing is, Dez was ready this year. Romo just wouldn't throw him the ball enough. I don't know if it's because of the Revis INT in the first game or not.

Bryan Broaddus, a former scout for the Cowboys who now writes for espn dallas did a review of the cowboys/giants game. He detailed Romo's interception to Antrell Rolle. He said that he was looking to his right, where Dez was wide open after a 12 yard curl route for a 1st down, and he just didn't throw the ball. Instead he makes an asinine no look pass to witten who was 4 yards shy of a 1st down, with no room to run after the catch because he was DOUBLE COVERED and it obviously resulted in a careless INT.

Reading a lot of his write-ups after games this season, it seems like Romo is scared to throw to him sometimes. I remember one play against the Bills maybe where Dez had a wide open 60 yard touchdown and Romo just threw it to Robinson for like 6 yards.

I really think the Revis INT messed with Romo's head. I hope a full off-season to get their chemistry down fixes that. Dez is too good for only 5 targets a game. 5 catches for 65 yards is what Dez should have in the 1st half, not a whole game. We made it too easy on opposing defenses.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
The thing is, Dez was ready this year. Romo just wouldn't throw him the ball enough. I don't know if it's because of the Revis INT in the first game or not.

Bryan Broaddus, a former scout for the Cowboys who now writes for espn dallas did a review of the cowboys/giants game. He detailed Romo's interception to Antrell Rolle. He said that he was looking to his right, where Dez was wide open after a 12 yard curl route for a 1st down, and he just didn't throw the ball. Instead he makes an asinine no look pass to witten who was 4 yards shy of a 1st down, with no room to run after the catch because he was DOUBLE COVERED and it obviously resulted in a careless INT.

Reading a lot of his write-ups after games this season, it seems like Romo is scared to throw to him sometimes. I remember one play against the Bills maybe where Dez had a wide open 60 yard touchdown and Romo just threw it to Robinson for like 6 yards.

I really think the Revis INT messed with Romo's head. I hope a full off-season to get their chemistry down fixes that. Dez is too goo for only 5 targets a game. 5 catches for 65 yards is what Dez should have in the 1st half, not a whole game. We made it too easy on opposing defenses.
I agree. I think there was a trust factor. Now, I also listen to Broaddus and he did say that Bryant steadily got better and better at route running as the year went along. I think another off season of Tony working with Dez and Dez working on his route running could pay big dividends.

Seems like Dez is starting to get how the little things make a big difference.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-04-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree. I think there was a trust factor. Now, I also listen to Broaddus and he did say that Bryant steadily got better and better at route running as the year went along. I think another off season of Tony working with Dez and Dez working on his route running could pay big dividends.

I forgot to add this part. Broaddus would say that Dez was getting better and better and winning almost all of his routes. I really think the Revis INT scared Romo off. Hopefully they correct that.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
..... one of the best traits a manager can have is the ability to do away with ego....

And why Jerrah would never go with Sparano for anything but a menial role. He can't do away with his ego.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:

I really hope so.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And why Jerrah would never go with Sparano for anything but a menial role. He can't do away with his ego.
But JJ tends to like guys that have a history here. He's brought quite a few coaches back that have had stints elsewhere.

-Douglas MacArthur