Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacotomo View Post
Not too much being said about Richardson although McShay thinks he is our guy and the mock on this site(although outdated) has us taking Richardson too. With Hillis being questionable, and Hardesty being brittle, I like the idea of getting a 'go to' RB who is able to break long runs and is good between the tackles. For their 2nd #1 pick, I am good with Floyd too. I know defense is a priority, as we are once again last against the run, but for once can we be the team that gets the playmakers? I am tired of someone else getting the Adrian Peterson's, and Calvin Johnson's, and Dez Bryant/AJ Green's etc. Someone above said that playmakers can make an average QB look great, and lack of playmakers can make them look terrible. I agree with to a certain extent. I think Colt is good enough. Is he Brees/Brady/Manning? No. Is he good enough to win with talent around him? I think/hope so. I know it works both ways (great QB makes average players sweet - see Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Meachem, etc), but he also has had Coleston, a good running game, and a good to great TE every year too....Brady is not of this world when it comes to this and does not count...

Anyway, I say go 'O' early, give Colt one more year to show he can be good enough, then find some 'D' in free agency, or God forbid, try and score with other teams if you can't stop them. (Here is where I would quote the Browns embarrassing percentages of scoring on their first drive, total points per game average, red zone TD percentage, # of red zone drives per game, 2nd half scoring totals, 3rd quarter scoring totals, # of quarters this year without a TD)- did I miss any :)....

My philosophy on drafting runninbacks in the first round is that you don't do it unless you have all the other pieces in place. Certainly don't draft one in the top 5 unless he's a hall of famer type like Sanders, Tomlinson, or Peterson. Richardson is more of a Steven Jackson type, and we have so many needs, and fantastic RBs are so easy to find later in the draft, so I would much rather draft RGIII or Justin Blackmon at #4 overall. I think we have to find the QB this year, I don't think they can afford to wait on Colt another year, they have to make a move.