Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is #5 all time for passing yards in a single season. He gets a lot of love on this site but nationally I think he is underrated by the media. I think he had an insane season but maybe that is just me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is so much better in every which way than Bradford could ever be, and his upside is so much higher.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Stafford is #5 all time for passing yards in a single season. He gets a lot of love on this site but nationally I think he is underrated by the media. I think he had an insane season but maybe that is just me.
41/16 TD/INT ratio with over 5K passing yards at age 23...just insane

Lions will be a good team for quite a while now that they have the rare franchise QB already in the fold
Old 01-02-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
41/16 TD/INT ratio with over 5K passing yards at age 23...just insane

Lions will be a good team for quite a while now that they have the rare franchise QB already in the fold
Just to add to that, he played three games with a broken index finger on his throwing hand in which 9 of those picks were thrown. That makes those numbers all the more impressive.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking for the clever answer:

Question: Was the ball juiced this year?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has to be pretty hard to argue against Stafford then Ryan at this point. The interesting thing is where Cam falls on people's lists now.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL @ Sam Bradford

Sam Beam > Sam Bradford
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been on Stafford since the day he picked UGA so to see him & Calvin have seasons like this has been awesome.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is clearly the best of the bunch now. I was very hesitant to anoint him before the season started bc let's be honest guys, prior to this season none of us really knew what Stafford would be. His one significant game prior to this season was vs the Browns in a shootout. That's all we really saw of him.

But now after a healthy season, he's shown that he's a stud. A complete stud. I think he's battling Rivers for the throne of best qb in the league without a ring.

I'm officially off the Sanchez wagon, I'm done with him. I gave him every chance to prove himself, I was expecting a lot more growth from him this year and was largely disappointed.

I'm still a huge Bradford fan, I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He was one of my favorite qb prospects in some time. So I'll hold out hope that he can turn it around.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez had an awful game yesterday but I will again hold reservation until there is a decent RT and decent/good OC.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
LOL @ Sam Bradford

Sam Beam > Sam Bradford

Joe Montana couldn't succeed on the current Rams. Receivers don't get open and o-line doesn't give him time.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Sanchez had an awful game yesterday but I will again hold reservation until there is a decent RT and decent/good OC.
The problem I have with Sanchez is he doesn't even look down the field. He had guys open down field against Miami (and against the Giants) and he never even looked at them.

His YPA are pitiful. And it's easy to blame it on the oline or Schotty, but the truth is Schotty has given him plenty of opportunities to throw it downfield, and the oline has given him time (more often than not) and he just doesn't get it down the field.

He's a 1 read qb, he's gun shy, he can't throw it accurately down the field, he lacks touch on his intermediate throws, he can't identify the hot read, he's just not a good qb.

Yes, he doesn't have as much help around him as he did in the past, but like they say, isolate the player. Is he doing his job? The answer is no.

A resounding no. Can't identify a blitz, can't adjust the protections with regularity, can't make stick throws, refuses to throw downfield with conviction, lacks accuracy, doesn't make reads very quickly.

He does 2 things well, he has great footwork in the pocket, and he's very elusive, he knows how to evade pressure and buy time. But everything else, he's below average as a NFL qb.

I expected a lot of growth from him this year, and I saw none of it. I am very disappointed in him and I just think it's time to accept him for what he is.

He'll get a new OC next year and another chance to prove himself. And he deserves that chance. But I don't expect him to turn it around. I think he is what he is.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The problem I have with Sanchez is he doesn't even look down the field. He had guys open down field against Miami (and against the Giants) and he never even looked at them.

His YPA are pitiful. And it's easy to blame it on the oline or Schotty, but the truth is Schotty has given him plenty of opportunities to throw it downfield, and the oline has given him time (more often than not) and he just doesn't get it down the field.

He's a 1 read qb, he's gun shy, he can't throw it accurately down the field, he lacks touch on his intermediate throws, he can't identify the hot read, he's just not a good qb.

Yes, he doesn't have as much help around him as he did in the past, but like they say, isolate the player. Is he doing his job? The answer is no.

A resounding no. Can't identify a blitz, can't adjust the protections with regularity, can't make stick throws, refuses to throw downfield with conviction, lacks accuracy, doesn't make reads very quickly.

He does 2 things well, he has great footwork in the pocket, and he's very elusive, he knows how to evade pressure and buy time. But everything else, he's below average as a NFL qb.

I expected a lot of growth from him this year, and I saw none of it. I am very disappointed in him and I just think it's time to accept him for what he is.

He'll get a new OC next year and another chance to prove himself. And he deserves that chance. But I don't expect him to turn it around. I think he is what he is.
He was doing fine down the field with Braylon Edwards, a guy who ran routes like they mattered. Holmes half assed his routes at times and Burress just can't get separation unless he gets a push off(Which got called 50% of the time)

The running game from September to December was lackluster. I don't know if that's on Greene or if that is on Schottenheimer refusing to stick with the attack.

What I saw this year was a QB who was often on the run and was making poor throws in large part due to feeling the blitz and that a sack is awaiting. Yeah that shows he may not be the toughest guy and who knows. But no QB is going to do well when they are on the run and trying to scramble, especially with WRs who cannot get separation.

Not identifying the blitz falls more on poor teaching IMO. The fact that the Jets QB coach could not see the problems with Sanchez mechanics and help him read up on blitzes shows ineptitude. He doesn't have the most accurate arm down the field, we are in agreement but if given time to plant his feet he can launch the ball 15+ yards down the middle to a target.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
He was doing fine down the field with Braylon Edwards, a guy who ran routes like they mattered. Holmes half assed his routes at times and Burress just can't get separation unless he gets a push off(Which got called 50% of the time)

The running game from September to December was lackluster. I don't know if that's on Greene or if that is on Schottenheimer refusing to stick with the attack.

What I saw this year was a QB who was often on the run and was making poor throws in large part due to feeling the blitz and that a sack is awaiting. Yeah that shows he may not be the toughest guy and who knows. But no QB is going to do well when they are on the run and trying to scramble, especially with WRs who cannot get separation.

Not identifying the blitz falls more on poor teaching IMO. The fact that the Jets QB coach could not see the problems with Sanchez mechanics and help him read up on blitzes shows ineptitude. He doesn't have the most accurate arm down the field, we are in agreement but if given time to plant his feet he can launch the ball 15+ yards down the middle to a target.
But how do we know he's not being coached properly? We're not at the meetings, we're not at practice. Maybe he's just not getting it? To me, if you can't identify a blitz, I don't know how that's the coaches fault. I'm almost positive it's being taught to him but he's just not picking it up.

I've seen Keller and Holmes wide open down the field many times this year and Sanchez just doesn't have enough confidence in himself to stick it into a tight window. I admit that losing Cotchery was a huge blow bc he lost his security valve, and I admit that while Plax is a big target he didn't get much separation, but the fact remains the guy still had plenty of talent around him and still couldn't get it done.

It's not the GB offense, but that unit is good enough. I mean seriously, 127 yards vs the Dolphins before padding his stats? That's pathetic. I saw on 3 different occasions Santonio beat his press coverage and streak down the field wide open for a touchdown, and all 3 times Sanchez screwed it up.

First and foremost, he should have recognized presnap that Holmes shouldve been his first read based on what the defense was selling him. All 3 times he didn't recognize it. So that's the first fail.

Secondly after the snap, he stared down his first read the entire time which was an underneath route. So he wasn't even looking down the field. Fail #2.

And lastly, he threw inaccurately when he did finally let it go. Fail #3. I mean how is that anyone's fault other than his?

This is a repeated pattern for him all season. You know why you guys kept running basic quick slants all day to start the season? Bc Sanchez can't read a defense to save his life. That's why.

And once teams started sitting on those slants, adjustments were made. Sluggos were called. The playbook got more vertical. Yet Sanchez couldn't adjust. Bc he can't read a defense.

I've been a Sanchez supporter for the past 2 years but after awhile, you gotta take a step back and isolate the player and see what he's doing right and wrong individually.

And Sanchez didn't do many things right this year. It was his 3rd year. It's not like he's a rookie.

The most telling sign to me was one drive when it became 2nd and 15. The team decided to run on 2nd down and run on 3rd down. They have so little faith in Sanchez to get it done that they refused to give him 2 chances to get 15 yards.

If your coaches have THAT little faith in the guy, isn't that a very clear sign that he's not a good qb? The coaches are around this guy all the time, they see him in practice, they break down his film, etc.

If they have that little faith in him, why should any of us? To me, that told me everything I needed to know. That drive said it all.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Too me it seems like his lack of development this year was because he was still being coached like a young QB. Schotty and Rex still seemed content to drill into his head that his #1 priority as QB is to avoid turnovers instead of trying to make plays. Sanchez is a natural gunslinger. He likes to take chances and try to make plays. Ever since hes been with the Jets though (and especially as this season went on) Schotty has slowly neutered him and tried to turn him into a conservative game-manager type. It got to the point these last 2 games where Sanchez was reading the field in reverse and looking to his check downs as his first read.

Lets not forget that before these disastrous past 2 weeks Sanchez was on pace to have a very solid year, him and his offense offense just shat the bed to end the season. I don't see how you can just write him off until he gets a chance with a new coordinator. I dont want to tear down Schotty and call him some POS coach. Him and Sanchez just arent a natural fit for each other, in fact they are polar opposites

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Sanchez gets a ton of hate for a 3rd year player. I think he's mediocre, but I don't really care for him. A lot of this hate stems from where he plays. You compare Sanchez to Sam Bradford ... or flip the script and put Sanchez in St Louis and Bradford in New York ... minga, Bradford instantly becomes the most hated QB in the NFL. Bradford makes Sanchez look like a good QB. That's how bad he is.

All these QBs were promising, but most are falling flat on their face.

Matt Ryan has been a top 10-15 QB. And that might be his ceiling for the rest of his career (he's been a bit of a disappointment in my eyes). With an emerging vertical threat in Julio Jones, Ryan may run a more explosive offense. Roddy White just has to realize that he's an unimpressive, short yardage player and future #2 WR.

Freeman looked atrocious this season after looking like a future stud. 27 turnovers this season after having just 9 in his second season. Year 2 is looking like an aberration and not the expectation. He's regressed more than any of the "young guns".

Stafford is already a top 5 caliber QB in the NFL and well on his way to becoming an elite player. Kid just threw for 5,038 yards and 41 TDs. That's kinda gaudy.

Sanchez is what he is. He's a mediocre game manager expected to be a franchise player. He needs a change of scenery. He can be a decent player, which is what he is.

Joe Flacco is on the most talented team of any of these young QBs (by far) and a perennial Super Bowl contender (just with their defense alone). He has a good offensive line and top tier RB. He has weapons at TE and WR, yet he's so fugging boring and constantly playing close games against teams they should be demolishing. And he's beyond awful in the postseason. He threw 21 TDs this season compared to 18 Turnovers. That's a +3 turnover differential. Stafford was +24 in turnover differential, Matt Ryan +16 ... just for comparisons sake.

Sam Bradford just stinks. He has a career 6.0 YPA. And he played in 10 games this past season. Injury concerns haven't gone anywhere. 25 career TDs to 30 turnovers in 26 starts. Surrounded by garbage, he looks like garbage and ability to throw into pressure needs to improve.

This is a Stafford, Ryan race all the way with Flacco and Sanchez looking like game managers and little more than average players. Freeman and Bradford are looking more like busts than anything else, but Freeman has shown an incredibly high ceiling. Is he a worker? That remains to be seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 07-07-2012 at 08:06 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Schotty and Rex still seemed content to drill into his head that his #1 priority as QB is to avoid turnovers instead of trying to make plays.
And yet he succeeds in committing 26 turnovers over the year. I can not wait to see what he does when the coaches stop him from trying to avoid them.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol im not sure if i jokingly picked sanchez in the poll or was serious... but either way i feel shame now
Old 01-04-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
And yet he succeeds in committing 26 turnovers over the year. I can not wait to see what he does when the coaches stop him from trying to avoid them.
Some of these excuses...I can't even take them seriously.

Rex and Schotty don't want big plays. That explains it.

It's always easier to think you have a coaching problem as opposed to a personnel problem.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford just stinks. He has a career 6.0 YPA. And he played in 10 games this past season. Injury concerns haven't gone anywhere. 25 career TDs to 30 turnovers in 26 starts.

===========================================

YPA is low because his WR's suck and don't get YAC. His only Rams injury was a high ankle sprain because he is always under pressure because his o-line sucks. If Bradford has just a decent line and a true #1 WR, he would be a highly regarded young QB. His is currently in a no win situation.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But how do we know he's not being coached properly? We're not at the meetings, we're not at practice. Maybe he's just not getting it? To me, if you can't identify a blitz, I don't know how that's the coaches fault. I'm almost positive it's being taught to him but he's just not picking it up.

I've seen Keller and Holmes wide open down the field many times this year and Sanchez just doesn't have enough confidence in himself to stick it into a tight window. I admit that losing Cotchery was a huge blow bc he lost his security valve, and I admit that while Plax is a big target he didn't get much separation, but the fact remains the guy still had plenty of talent around him and still couldn't get it done.

It's not the GB offense, but that unit is good enough. I mean seriously, 127 yards vs the Dolphins before padding his stats? That's pathetic. I saw on 3 different occasions Santonio beat his press coverage and streak down the field wide open for a touchdown, and all 3 times Sanchez screwed it up.

First and foremost, he should have recognized presnap that Holmes shouldve been his first read based on what the defense was selling him. All 3 times he didn't recognize it. So that's the first fail.

Secondly after the snap, he stared down his first read the entire time which was an underneath route. So he wasn't even looking down the field. Fail #2.

And lastly, he threw inaccurately when he did finally let it go. Fail #3. I mean how is that anyone's fault other than his?

This is a repeated pattern for him all season. You know why you guys kept running basic quick slants all day to start the season? Bc Sanchez can't read a defense to save his life. That's why.

And once teams started sitting on those slants, adjustments were made. Sluggos were called. The playbook got more vertical. Yet Sanchez couldn't adjust. Bc he can't read a defense.

I've been a Sanchez supporter for the past 2 years but after awhile, you gotta take a step back and isolate the player and see what he's doing right and wrong individually.

And Sanchez didn't do many things right this year. It was his 3rd year. It's not like he's a rookie.

The most telling sign to me was one drive when it became 2nd and 15. The team decided to run on 2nd down and run on 3rd down. They have so little faith in Sanchez to get it done that they refused to give him 2 chances to get 15 yards.

If your coaches have THAT little faith in the guy, isn't that a very clear sign that he's not a good qb? The coaches are around this guy all the time, they see him in practice, they break down his film, etc.

If they have that little faith in him, why should any of us? To me, that told me everything I needed to know. That drive said it all.
This is an excellent post.

What's really telling is the fact that the guy is in his third year now, and he's still overly-reliant on progression reading as opposed to coverage reading.

People get progression reads vs coverage reads mixed up a lot (or think they're the same thing). Progression reading is basically QBing with training wheels on.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning threw 23 INTs in his 3rd year as a pro, just saying.

Listen, if coaching solved Alex Smith's problem after 6 seasons of playing like a turd, I think Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, and Mark Sanchez deserve some slack and another year or two to develop. However, Sanchez is the only one who had veteran help on all perimeters on that team. He's probably has a shorter leash.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Listen, if coaching solved Alex Smith's problem after 6 seasons of playing like a turd, I think Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, and Mark Sanchez deserve some slack and another year or two to develop. However, Sanchez is the only one who had veteran help on all perimeters on that team. He's probably has a shorter leash.
Alex Smith = Trent Dilfer
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith played like an avg QB in 2009 and 2010.

Sanchez had his best year and didn't do that.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
You know, I'm getting pretty tired of Peyton's interception numbers being used to excuse every bad young QB.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote