Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To begin last season, the Lions retained just one defensive back (Delmas) from 2009.

How many (and who) should be retained for 2012?
Old 01-07-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would LOVE to see Jack Del Rio come in to replace old man Gunther.

Disappointing end but a great season nonetheless. Hopefully we get the D fixed and continue to trend upwards.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
To begin last season, the Lions retained just one defensive back (Delmas) from 2009.

How many (and who) should be retained for 2012?
Delmas. Otherwise completely retool the secondary again.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:03 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats on a great offensive performance tonight guys. Stafford to Megatron is gonna be something that will haunt division rival fans for many years to come. Not making this game any closer than it was can solely be blamed on your secondary iyam.

either way GG

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gunther is fine, lack of depth and not identifying matchups is what killed us. Third down execution and maintaining discipline should be the themes of next season. I did expect an upset, but it was the Saints and they clearly executed better. Good season.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a great game. You guys are quickly on your way to having a team that makes the play-offs no problem. Keep in mind, two years ago, you went 0-16, and now you gave us a wake up call in the first half of the wild-card game. That's a huge amount of improvement.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After relaxing a bit and watching the highlights on ESPN today...Drew Brees is ridiculous. He made throws that only maybe 3 other quarterbacks can make right now. I don't see any team really shutting them down. Alex Smith is a sack tacking machine that doesn't push the field. I look forward to watching another shootout in the NFC Championship game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
Delmas. Otherwise completely retool the secondary again.
I'm still in love with Aaron Berry and would be absolutely crushed to see go. I feel he has a chance to be a good if not great #1 corner for this team. He got burned a couple of times this year but this was his first full season (played a half against the Bears before breaking his collarbone last year if I'm not mistaken).
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really disappointed by the DL, they simply didn't get the job done and hence all the pressure fell on the LB's and DB's to stop NO.
Suh had a horrible season/game, teams have learned how to use his abilities against him and unless he adjusts to what they are doing to him, he will never approach the potential we all thought he had.

Kyle Vanden Bosch disappeared the last part of the season and did zip during the game, suggesting to me that he is over the hill and needs to be replaced.

Corey Williams also failed to stop the run and made our run defense pitiful.

Our LB's were exposed by their inability to pass cover, however a lot of it occurred because the DL failed to pressure Brees. Ditto for our DB's, expecting them to cover receivers with zero pass rush is just an impossibility even for the best of CB's.

I think in the off season, a lot of thought needs to go into the DL for next season, otherwise, we might not be able to take the next step.

Forget CB's in the draft, draft OL ands DL to strengthen up both sides of the ball.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, I really think KVB or Corey will be cut. I think KVB is more expendable, but he's regarded as a true leader, so ....
Old 01-09-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Again, I really think KVB or Corey will be cut. I think KVB is more expendable, but he's regarded as a true leader, so ....
Considering we have Fairley and Hill as backups at DT. Corey might well be sacrificed although Vanden Bosch could also go.