Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-04-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The two guys first time HC I would go for would be

1. Mike Zimmer
2. Joe Philbin
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
The two guys first time HC I would go for would be

1. Mike Zimmer
2. Joe Philbin
Rich Bassaccia is another candidate is good for the job.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Rich Bassaccia is another candidate is good for the job.

Bassaccia, one guy I would never of thought of.. There are a lot worse candidates I am seeing people throw around for the Buc's.
I don't see that happening though, not unless they can bring in top tier Coordinators to go along with him. I am talking Jack Del Rio's and Todd Haley types to run the offense and defense. Hiring Bassaccia would scream we don't want to pay for anyone to the fan base imo and I don't think that would be good for ticket sales. On the other hand we all know the Glazers don't give a crap about the fan base in Tampa.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-...-to-Buccaneers

According to La Confora, he's convinced and all signs point to Mike Sherman being Tampa's next coach.

Talk about being the YUCS again. This is another CHEAP MOVE AND HIRE BY THE GLAZERS.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've only interviewed a couple of people so far. I wouldn't be so quick to assume this is true. Hopefully Cincy gets knocked out of the playoffs this week so we can interview Zimmer, same goes for Mularkey.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaConfera isn't very good anyway. I won't trust anything he says. Schefter is usually always right and that's what he said:

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter appeared on Ross Tucker's Football Today Podcast to talk about head coaching vacancies (among other things), and he had a few interesting things to say about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Most notably, he doesn't believe the Bucs will hire either Mike Sherman or Jerry Gray - but that they have some mystery candidates no one knows about.

"It's been very quiet, you brought up the two names [Jerry Gray and Mike Sherman]. I don't believe those are the two guys ultimately in the end that will be there. But they have talked about Jerry Gray, they have talked about Mike Sherman.

I believe their sights are set on different coaches at this point in time. They've been very tight-lipped about it, that's the way that Tampa Bay has always operated. And at some point there will be a candidate, a legitimate candidate that leaks out and you say "Oh that makes sense" and that'll be the guy.

And maybe they fall in love with Mike Sherman or Jerry Gray. I just think that they have a longer list of candidates than we know, a deeper list of candidates than we know and there's other candidates they really like that we don't know.''
I think the whole Sherman thing is a favor Dominik is doing to his agent by involving him in the interview process.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Brad Childress, Wade Phillips, Mike Zimmer, and Marty Schottenheimer all on Bucs radar according to ESPN..
Old 01-08-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Please do not hire brad Childress
Old 01-08-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the Childress interview to satisfy the "bring in a ******* ******" section of the Rooney rule?
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we hire Brad Childress..... :(

Old 01-08-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Vikings fan, all I'll say is that if you hire Brad Childress, be prepared for him to have power over everything. The guy is a complete control freak...

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My choices for HC (in no particular order, since I'd be satisfied with any of them):

- Marty Schottenheimer
- Mike Zimmer
- Brian Billick
- Rich Bisaccia

Marty would probably try to pry his son away from the Jets to be the OC, but I'd rather he not. I'd love to see Tom Clements (GB's QB coach) in the OC role again. He did an above average job in Buffalo and has a proven record of turning QBs into Pro Bowlers (Elvis Grbac, Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart, as well as Rodgers), which could bode well for Freeman.

On the defensive side of the ball, Spagnuolo is probably the biggest name out there and I'd be okay with him as the DC. He's had experience in that position in New York and was in charge of the defense that slowed down the previously undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl. He calls an aggressive blitz-heavy defense that relies on under-sized linemen (like the Tampa 2, meaning the young defensive players we have will fit in well).
Old 01-09-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

From watching the NFL Network today, it seems like all signs point to Tampa hiring Mike Sherman as Head Coach and that the interview with Brad Childress is to be apart of the staff as Offensive Coordinator and maybe Mike Nolan as Defensive Coordinator.

Thoughts?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

^^Would love that. But yes Sherman should be named coach by the end of the week. I want Childress or Haley as OC. For DC Spangnulo or Nolan would be fine.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Sherman isn't the worst possible hire out there, but I'd be lying if I said I thought it was a good hiring. I'd rather Marty to be honest.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Marty is the cream of the crop from what we are looking at, my only concern is how long does he coach for if hired? He is almost 70... Legacy brought up an interesting name in Tom Clements as OC - not too familiar with him but he has a great track record with QBs.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Marty is the cream of the crop from what we are looking at, my only concern is how long does he coach for if hired? He is almost 70... Legacy brought up an interesting name in Tom Clements as OC - not too familiar with him but he has a great track record with QBs.
Yeah, that's the thing. We had a kid coaching kids. Now we'll have "Grandpa".

I think we need a younger disciplinarian. All signs just point to Bassacia and Zimmer as the two perfect for this job, but Zimmer more realistic.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is nobody talking about Ron Meeks as DC?

The guy's record speaks for itself.

When he came to Indy the Colts D was 2nd worst in the league. The sesaon he took over they were top 10. He had a top 10 D 5 out of his 8 seasons in Indy. The year he left they collapsed and were bottom 10. This is quite an accomplishment considering the Colts always leaned heavily towards the offensive side of the ball as far as salary cap dollars, draft picks, and free agency.

After Meeks went to Carolina, he did a good job in 2010 despite leading a D that was left on the field nonstop by a total mess of an offense. Then Rivera came in and moved Meeks to secondary coach and the defense collapsed again.

Ron Meeks should be our defensive coordinator. He runs the Tampa 2, he's excellent, and he's available... plus, taking him from the Panthers serves to weaken a division opponent as well. I contended that the Bucs erred in 2009 when they hired Jim Bates instead of Meeks (who was also available)... and in retrospect, if they had hired Meeks, the entire Bucs coaching staff might not be looking for jobs right now.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK85 View Post
^^Would love that. But yes Sherman should be named coach by the end of the week. I want Childress or Haley as OC. For DC Spangnulo or Nolan would be fine.
Nolan likes the 3-4... Haley's going back to Arizona.

There are better candidates out there. Haley isn't a WCO guy anyways and completely changing the O for a young QB isn't a great idea.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Why is nobody talking about Ron Meeks as DC?

The guy's record speaks for itself.

When he came to Indy the Colts D was 2nd worst in the league. The sesaon he took over they were top 10. He had a top 10 D 5 out of his 8 seasons in Indy. The year he left they collapsed and were bottom 10. This is quite an accomplishment considering the Colts always leaned heavily towards the offensive side of the ball as far as salary cap dollars, draft picks, and free agency.

After Meeks went to Carolina, he did a good job in 2010 despite leading a D that was left on the field nonstop by a total mess of an offense. Then Rivera came in and moved Meeks to secondary coach and the defense collapsed again.

Ron Meeks should be our defensive coordinator. He runs the Tampa 2, he's excellent, and he's available... plus, taking him from the Panthers serves to weaken a division opponent as well. I contended that the Bucs erred in 2009 when they hired Jim Bates instead of Meeks (who was also available)... and in retrospect, if they had hired Meeks, the entire Bucs coaching staff might not be looking for jobs right now.
\

He is a legit candidate and should be. However, I'd rather look at Jim Leavitt, LBS coach at SF and former USF Head Coach. He's got experience calling plays on defensively and really will bring more physical toughness to this defense.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:

There are better candidates out there. Haley isn't a WCO guy anyways and completely changing the O for a young QB isn't a great idea.
Nolan has experience both in the 4-3 and 3-4, so he can adjust to our strengths, which is a 4-3.

I don't like Haley. Zampese, QBs coach from Cincinatti is interesting, especially if Zimmer is our next Head Coach.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
\

He is a legit candidate and should be. However, I'd rather look at Jim Leavitt, LBS coach at SF and former USF Head Coach. He's got experience calling plays on defensively and really will bring more physical toughness to this defense.
Leavitt may have experience, but Meeks has 9 years of experience of doing it at the NFL level. Considering his track record in Indy and the fact that the Panther D received no help from the Panther O AND lost their best defensive player in Julius Peppers AND helped career underachiever, Charles Johnson, emerge as an excellent DE, I think Meeks is a slam dunk.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

True hmm I wonder what good OCs are out there unless the Bucs want to have childress for the job.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Bad sign possibly, Brian Schotteheimer released by Jets.. hopefully not to join Marty. If Marty is hired, I have ZERO problems with that, we would still need a good set of coordinators. I would prefer we stick to a WCO coordinator on offense and T-2 on defense. THe learning curve would be picked up so much faster.

Tom Clements of GB, I could stomach Childress if he were under Marty, but to tell the truth, I'm a little WCO'd out and wouldnt mind seeing an offense more under the Gibbs/Coryell tree that pushes the ball down the field and relies more on the power run game.

As for defense... I gotta say Meeks is the guy I would target.

If Marty does take over, I think it would be imperative that there be a succession plan in order. Marty will turn this team around, but due to age, etc, it might be wise to have a guy already in place on staff that will continue the direction seamlessly.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bad sign possibly, Brian Schotteheimer released by Jets.. hopefully not to join Marty. If Marty is hired, I have ZERO problems with that, we would still need a good set of coordinators. I would prefer we stick to a WCO coordinator on offense and T-2 on defense. THe learning curve would be picked up so much faster.

Tom Clements of GB, I could stomach Childress if he were under Marty, but to tell the truth, I'm a little WCO'd out and wouldnt mind seeing an offense more under the Gibbs/Coryell tree that pushes the ball down the field and relies more on the power run game.

As for defense... I gotta say Meeks is the guy I would target.

If Marty does take over, I think it would be imperative that there be a succession plan in order. Marty will turn this team around, but due to age, etc, it might be wise to have a guy already in place on staff that will continue the direction seamlessly.
Listen, no one really has a clue what Tampa's intentions are. Honestly, Tampa could have spoken too several other candidates we haven't heard of by the media. Shefter even reported that it's very "Tight Lipped" and no one really knows who they're targeting.

La Canfora is going off speculation, like the rest of the media.

BTW Brasho, Shoetenheimer really helped Drew Brees develop in San Diego. It's not his fault Mark Sanchez was over hyped because he played at USC. If A QB has that much help and puts together his best season of a 70+ QB rating, then you have to worry.

Josh Freeman has a higher ceiling and put together one heck of a season last year. That just doesn't disappear. Not being at One Buc Place every day breaking down film with coaches hurt him, in my opinion. He wasn't surrounded by expeirienced vets, which hurt him as well.