Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It happens to me every year. Maybe I forgot to change something. I know I turned off the computer adding guys to my recruiting board. I'm with you about the skill position players. 80% of the 5-star guys are WR, HB, or ATH who plays WR. It's kind of annoying.
There is something called CPU offer assistance I think you might wanna check that out and make sure its turned off.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Recruiting is a massive pain in the ass. It just takes so long to do.

They could streamline it so much, it's just such a clunky interface, why can't they allow you to do everything through the main page, why all the button pushing. Of all the college football based games I've played it has by far the worst recruiting interface and experience.

Basically the only reason I do recruiting is because I'm a control freak and the AI is just worthless, why target 2 and 3 star guys, you get that crap as walk ons, target good players...

/vent

The game play is really good, super linebackers are the worst part about it which is really a credit to that aspect but recruiting is a bore, I don't really feel like I have any control, the results seem very random and it just takes so long. I'd say the recruiting is actually a negative to the game as a whole and makes it noticeably worse and it just feels like "that thing I have to do before playing the next game". I will add that the loading/waiting times are outrageous as well.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have u tried quick call?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like recruiting. I actually wish it was more in depth. Main things they need to change about it, in my opinion, why can I only spend one hour a week on a recruit? When it gets to the end of the recruiting year and I almost have full classes I'm just throwing hours down the drain. Also, when a recruit commits to a school before NSD... they should still be able to be recruited and possibly even flip commitments. Just like in real life.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To expand slightly on my initial thoughts

1. Teambuilder has so much potential, but the lack of customization is embarassing. I get to choose from a few facial models (can't control body type/hair/etc), I can't make a customized jersey (If I want to design my own Pro Combat look, I should be able to). Just give me more freedom damnit.

2. Recruiting is clunky and takes forever as wogitalia said. Plus, the recruits they generate often suck in terms of realism.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Dynasty, but i agree that recruiting was such a huge hassle. It was so damn boring. I hated simming because that just meant i had to spend 20 minutes doing one week of recruiting, sim the game and 2 minutes later i'm back doing boring ass recruiting.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I loved Dynasty, but i agree that recruiting was such a huge hassle. It was so damn boring. I hated simming because that just meant i had to spend 20 minutes doing one week of recruiting, sim the game and 2 minutes later i'm back doing boring ass recruiting.

THIIIIISSSSSSS
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the idea of receruiting and the initial setup of my board and getting commitments and all that fun stuff. But yeah, it takes ******* forever. I like to have simulation seasons. Just sim games and recruit and it just takes an extensive amount of hours just to progress through one season. It gets tedious.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:32 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Alot of times I will wait and do the recruiting online when I'm at work then I will advance to the next week and then do the recruiting for the following week to.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It happens to me every year. Maybe I forgot to change something. I know I turned off the computer adding guys to my recruiting board. I'm with you about the skill position players. 80% of the 5-star guys are WR, HB, or ATH who plays WR. It's kind of annoying.
You're not alone bro. I get it too and i'm damn sure all of the cpu helpers are off. Just gotta cut em and move on it seems.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've started a career as a Defensive Coordinator.

So annoyed I'm still meant to be in charge of recruiting, as that was the main thing I was hoping to avoid, but it's heaps of fun anyway.

I personally found offense a bit too easy, basically if you didn't get miracle picked or 3 "receiver running a slant and not looking for the ball" in a row you would score a touchdown on every drive and that kind of makes defense boring because the AI just goes into hail mary mode once you get them down a bit, at least as a DC at Tennessee I get to play the run and dominate souls because god damn my offense is horrible(except the LT who is just pure beast mode).

But yeah I'm just letting the computer recruit now, can't be assed with that crap. It's also cool that when you are the coordinator you can play 15m quarters and not need like 4 hours for each game, so your defenders can actually get realistic stat lines and be chances at AA selection!

Loving it!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
So I've started a career as a Defensive Coordinator.

So annoyed I'm still meant to be in charge of recruiting, as that was the main thing I was hoping to avoid, but it's heaps of fun anyway.

I personally found offense a bit too easy, basically if you didn't get miracle picked or 3 "receiver running a slant and not looking for the ball" in a row you would score a touchdown on every drive and that kind of makes defense boring because the AI just goes into hail mary mode once you get them down a bit, at least as a DC at Tennessee I get to play the run and dominate souls because god damn my offense is horrible(except the LT who is just pure beast mode).

But yeah I'm just letting the computer recruit now, can't be assed with that crap. It's also cool that when you are the coordinator you can play 15m quarters and not need like 4 hours for each game, so your defenders can actually get realistic stat lines and be chances at AA selection!

Loving it!
Championships or GTFO.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Championships or GTFO.
Unbeaten at the moment, Florida and Bama were not easy to beat because my offense was horrible, Bama game I outscored the offense on defense and luckily outscored their defense as well... Our offense conceded 13 points(missed XP) and I scored 21 in a 1 point win... Held them to -50~ yard rushing on like 65 carries but I just can't stop slants, I basically rely on AJ Johnson blowing people to smithereens after they catch it!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turned this game in a long time ago. This was one of the worst NCAA titles I can ever remember. You can't pass over the middle on Heisman or hardly even AA difficulty. Long bombs are by FAR the best way to pass, and that's just not what I'm looking for in a game. They still have robo everything, and the computer still knows exactly what play you're going to call, forcing you to audible into another play before every snap in order to have any real feel towards a football game. So terribly disappointed in this game.

Not to mention the tendency glitch, and the fact that every single 5 star is either a RB/WR/ATH, and all of the athletes turn into WR/CBs anyways. Just so bad.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because I'm bored:

NCAA 13 Wishlist

DYNASTY

- Streamline recruiting involving assistant coaches. Give the user the option to either recruit the old, tedious way (if that's what you like, and I know some people do) or have the assistant coaches do most of the actual recruiting for you with the user setting the pitches based on reports given by the coaches each week.

- You should be able to pick the pitch interests, school choices, early/late commitment options for each create-a-recruit, or just be able to edit all recruits in general. Customization is the key to any sports video game.

- Recruits should gain weight/ratings based on the tendency and high school playing weight. If a 5'8 165 lb WR comes to my school, he should be 175-185 lbs by the time he leaves. In addition, if he's a speed WR, depending on the quality of my staff, he should gain more points in route running/catch in traffic as he progresses.

- As a followup to the last wish, another page should be added to track ratings gains so I can see how much a recruit improved over his career.

- More realistic transfer decisions. Too often I have a redshirt freshman QB elect to transfer rather than stay when the senior starter is graduating and he's in line to be the #1 QB next year.

- Ratings in general are too high. A 99 overall player should be absolutely perfect in every aspect of his position. Awareness means way too much as correlated to simulation success, as always, in NCAA/Madden.

- More speed in running backs/wide receivers/corners/safeties. Currently, I'd say about 1/10 5* RB/WR's are over B+ speed, and that's just ridiculous.

- Defensive line recruits are almost always too small compared to their real life counterparts. I don't know of many 210 pound defensive ends that are being recruited by big schools.

- Linebackers suck. Make them better, and penalize safeties more for playing linebacker. Currently you're much better off just putting a couple safeties at OLB.

- Blackout/whiteout/color-outs for one home game per year should be added. Something oh-so-simple that I know a lot of people would enjoy.

- more dynasty-related commentary

- ability to delete conferences entirely in custom conferences

- like NCAA Basketball 10, multiple platforms for presentation. Spend some of that money on Lundqvist/Danielson and give the user the option between the two, or randomize it. That was one of my favorite features ever in a sports game in NCAA Basketball 10, the fact that you had two different presentation styles.

GAMEPLAY

- Stop having the computer know what play I'm running on Heisman difficulty. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go play a game on Heisman, and pick your play. Before each snap, simply audible to the opposite of that play using the right stick on the audible screen. So, if you picked a dive, switch to a quick/deep pass, and vice versa. On defense, if you pick cover 4, audible to a blitz. Tell me that your results aren't completely different and that the game isn't way easier when you do this.

- Better crowds. They look awful right now, and they don't get loud at all. The crowd should be going crazy if I'm bringing a kick back to the barn. Right now, they all move in unison and it just seems like a funeral at every stadium.

- decrease the success rate of four verticals. It's the best play in the game on offense and it's not close.

- Whatever you did to zone coverage to make it impossible to throw against, get rid of it. There has to be a medium ground towards last year and this year's game.

- get rid of the lob passes across the field that drop into a flat receiver's lap over a defender. Those never happen, ever. It made me laugh every time I saw that.

- as always, better OL blocking. My pulling guard should never pass the first level linebacker shooting the gap for a third level safety that's 12 yards downfield. Still happens every year and they never fix it

RANDOM

- custom presets for custom stadium sounds. it's a very small thing, but there has to be a way to make it so I don't have to scroll 60 names to get to Miami when I want to assign multiple sounds to one school. Cuts down the time needed to set those up by about 75%. Why not use the triangle button to "set" the selected team so I don't have to go and pick it myself every time?

- in addition, give me a page up and page down button for my list of stadium sound files. I have about 300 copied onto my PS3 hard drive, but I have to scroll all the way to the bottom or top to get all the way through the list instead of just hitting R2 or L2 to move down 15-20 at a time.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely agree with the above post. I stopped playing the game because 4 verts is too easy, especially when you overload one side with 3 WRs. I considered limiting myself to not running that play but the zone coverage is just too good. Last years gameplay was much better.
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote