Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the job that Pat Shurmur is doing?
Yes 8 42.11%
No 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCoy is never a franchise quarterback, and he will never be that quarterback. He is a way worse Matt Ryan. Pat Shurmur cant work with something that cannot be worked with. I believe the Browns will not draft a quarterback, and he will connect with Ted Thompson and get the former National Championship QB Matt Flynn. He would make Greg Little look amazing. I love the pieces you guys have on the offensive line, especially your center. Shurmur needs a great offensive coordinator, and a great defensive coordinator. The Browns will rise again soon with Holmgren and Shurmur. You guys will look like the Packers in the 1990's. You guys need your field general, but you guys have your Frank Winters and Robert Brooks.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by initial_flo View Post
It's just not about the record, it's about the game by game decisions. And the general lack of common sense that worry me. I don't believe you are supposed to take time to grow in terms of basic decision making. He's at the top of his profession! In the entire world! One of the best 32 coaches in the world! (in theory anyway)

And the other thing is that he was on no ones' radar, like at all to begin with. It's like Colt, just because they are the guys right in front of us, it doesn't mean they will be good or great.

Continuity just for continuity's sake is nonsense. Maybe I'm bitter, but I do think I'm right in this case.
A HC has to have some talent to work with before you can expect success. In the current NFL where passing the ball rules, you must have a franchise QB or you need to lower your expectations.

The defense played well especially considering how bad our offense is.

Until you give our HC a QB who resembles a franchise QB, judging him is a waste of time.

We are in Holmgren's hands for the time being and Shurmur is his hand picked HC. Either you believe in Holmgren or you don't, if you think Holmgren knows what he is doing, criticizing his HC isn't called for yet. If you don't, then you believe both should go and we should just start over. That is just too ugly to comprehend at this time.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had to vote no. Think he became an NFL HC before he was up for the task. Like him better than Mangini and Crennel in that role, but that's not saying much.

Have no idea if this was Holmgren's plan, but consider this. He now has two former HC's as DC and OC, and Shurmur would be an easy fire if the season starts off poorly next season. Perfect timing for Holmgren to step into the HC'ing job for a couple of years. He knew the Browns were nowhere close to being a contender, and would need a couple of years at least to being able to compete for a playoff spot.

Well, now the defense is looking halfway decent, and probably a DE, CB, OLB, and S shy of being playoff calibre. Some of those spots can be filled with FA's and a couple with draft picks. Claiborne at #4, or Janoris Jenkins at #22 to play opposite Haden, possibly.

Offense needs much more work than the defense, but by the start of the 2013 season the Browns may have many of the pieces in place, and Holmgren might magically appear on the sidelines as HC. Don't count it out. BTW, I'd be all for that happening. Let's see, Shurmur or Holmgren as HC? Easy decision for me. I like Pat but he's just not HC'ing material at this point in his career.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote