Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-09-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default C Peter Konz, Wisconsin

Konz has declared and seems to be considered by many to be the top centre prospect in the draft.

I haven't seen him play, what can people tell me about him?

Where is his stock right now?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Konz has declared and seems to be considered by many to be the top centre prospect in the draft.

Extremely smart football player, good footwoork/redirection skills, does a good job of getting to the 2nd level. More advanced as a run blocker than a pass blocker.

Late first now, probably.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

I can't see him going as high as Pouncey did last year, but I think he's every bit the same level of player. Hell, I might like Konz better as an actual C then I did Pouncey. I can see Konz going anywhere from 18-32. I'd love him in Baltimore. He's one of those guys who you can just plug in at C and expect a Pro Bowler for the next 10+ years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Needs to be a Titan if DeCastro doesn't make it to us.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

One of the better athletes you'll see at Center. Pulls with regularity and gets to the edge with ease. Has great size like all UW lineman. The only concern is his latest injury. He should be fine since he played in the Rose Bowl and did well. If needed, he could also play guard...that is where he started his career at UW.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's a better prospect than either Pouncey.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Extremely smart football player, good footwoork/redirection skills, does a good job of getting to the 2nd level. More advanced as a run blocker than a pass blocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooshey View Post
One of the better athletes you'll see at Center. Pulls with regularity and gets to the edge with ease. Has great size like all UW lineman. The only concern is his latest injury. He should be fine since he played in the Rose Bowl and did well. If needed, he could also play guard...that is where he started his career at UW.
summed up pretty well with these two posts...i think he could go as high as Dallas at 14

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there's any way he'll go in the top 15, especially to Dallas. Dallas has a ton of other issues.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooshey View Post
This would be my only concern. He has yet to go a whole season without injury in his 3 years as a starter

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not as athletic as the Pounceys were I don't think. He is very tough and sound though and a big strong guy for a center, much bigger than typical college centers. He's closer to Alex Mack I think than the Pouncey twins.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Konz. My favorite C prospect since Mangold. I think he's better than Brewster. I really wish the Giants didn't grab Baas, I really wanted him on the Giants.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think he's better than Brewster.

I'm really not sure how people could argue against this.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 01-10-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to say "against"
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm really not sure how people could argue this.
Superior run blocker, more mass, has a nastier mean streak. He gets to the 2nd level better than Brewster.

I also think Brewster is a little too long for a Center. He'd make a better G.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Superior run blocker, more mass, has a nastier mean streak. He gets to the 2nd level better than Brewster.

I also think Brewster is a little too long for a Center. He'd make a better G.

My bad, accidentally left out the "against". I completely agree. I think he's vastly superior to Brewster.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hoping this stud falls to one of New England's picks, but I doubt that happens

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm really not sure how people could argue against this.
i know there are some scouts who think brewster is the top center in the draft. i think konze will go first though. either way, he's quite a fine prospect himself and will be probably an early 2nd round choice. he had a good year blocking this year, but he didn't make any all-american or all-conference teams this year b/c he had like 5 bad snaps after being a good snapper his first three years.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My bad, accidentally left out the "against". I completely agree. I think he's vastly superior to Brewster.
Brewster has certainly fallen off in this debate but I think anyone who doesn't think Brewster is the #2 C in this draft is kidding themselves and I certainly wouldn't say "vastly superior"

As I understand it Brewster has been better at making pre-snap reads. Brewster has also faired similarly well against the same competition as Konz and doesn't come with the injury concerns.

Still, the man from Wisc gets the nod as the #1

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-10-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Brewster has certainly fallen off in this debate but I think anyone who doesn't think Brewster is the #2 C in this draft is kidding themselves and I certainly wouldn't say "vastly superior"

As I understand it Brewster has been better at making pre-snap reads. Brewster has also faired similarly well against the same competition as Konz and doesn't come with the injury concerns.

Still, the man from Wisc gets the nod as the #1

Brewster's a nice little prospect in his own right, but Konz is a top 15-20 prospect in this class. Brewster's a 2nd-3rd rounder. There's a sizable difference.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

One of my pet peeves about the draft is that all the elite guards and center prospects get snatched up by the playoff teams.

Konz is going to be a very good player for a very good team.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Brewster's a nice little prospect in his own right, but Konz is a top 15-20 prospect in this class. Brewster's a 2nd-3rd rounder. There's a sizable difference.
I think that Brewster goes in the 2nd and would be a steal in the 3rd. While there may be a sizable difference in where they get drafted, I don't think that anyone should snub having to settle for Brewster.

There is a reason why Brewster has taken home accolades over Konz in the past and while Konz seems to have overtaken him as of late; it's not like Brewster has exactly been tooled up on by the same competition and he certainly is no slouch.

I'm not trying to nit pick but I think your kidding yourself if you think that Brewster is a "nice little prospect" who is far off from Konz.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-10-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he falls to the 49ers it'd surprise me if Baalke didn't select him to become the signal-man for Harbaugh's Jumbo, Power-O.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I think that Brewster goes in the 2nd and would be a steal in the 3rd. While there may be a sizable difference in where they get drafted, I don't think that anyone should snub having to settle for Brewster.

There is a reason why Brewster has taken home accolades over Konz in the past and while Konz seems to have overtaken him as of late; it's not like Brewster has exactly been tooled up on by the same competition and he certainly is no slouch.

I'm not trying to nit pick but I think your kidding yourself if you think that Brewster is a "nice little prospect" who is far off from Konz.
That's funny. I think he'll be lucky to get drafted in the third. The guy is a superior pass protector, and you're right in that I think he'd be a helluva LG (not you, previously stated). He's got a ton of experience and knows all the tricks...but the dude needs to bulk up (which he DOES have the frame for), if he wants to be any decent in run blocking at the pro level. Perfect left guard project in my mind. But he is still a project. Probably be drafted in the early 4th.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah just reiterating...Arguably the top pure OL in this draft even over DeCastro...my favorite C prospect since Mangold though both Mack and Pouncey were also pretty damn good.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big fan of Konz, but I'd put him just slightly below Maurkice Pouncey coming out. Maybe I shouldn't though, but I saw a lot of Dermonti Dawson in Pouncey, and Dawson is a soon to be HOF C. Konz has some similarities to Mangold, but I think Nick is a notch better.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is different than the Pouncey's who were elite athletes.

Konz is different because he is 6'5" 320lbs and is a mauler in the run game. He reminds me of Mangold or Logan Mankins guys with exceptional technique and rare strength.

I think the conversation for Konz start with the Bears at 19 and ends with the Ravens.

Mike Tice is the Bears new OC and he loves Wisconsin OLmen.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote