Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-11-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
A challenge to folks:

If the HOF was limited to 100 players maximum, with every new member meaning that someone has to be replaced, who would your 100 be?

Im making a list right now, and will be including active players and those not yet eligible who I believe should be in. It'll take a while, but anyone else interested in doing this? I think itd be interesting to look at.
I will take this challenge up, ill try to post a list within the next day or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't list Bonds, I'll call you stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If you don't list Bonds, I'll call you stupid.
he was the 2nd player I listed lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:58 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres mine. Again, This includes active players and players not yet eligible. I also decided to add the team theyd go in with, though I didnt exactly put a ton of thought in that part.

Last edited by comahan : 01-11-2012 at 03:06 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's your case for keeping Palmeiro out? 569HR/3020H is pretty damn impressive and only one of four total people that are in the 500/3k club. Just curious if it has anything to do with his steroid suspension.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:40 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same reason I kept Murray off the list, I think Raffy was consistently very good (and for a long time), but was never great.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Ryne Sandberg, Luke Appling or Lou Brock? They at least deserve honorable mentions.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I see you addressed the Jeter/Larkin comparison on the last page Jug.
I don't respond to idiocy. Also I think Barry Larkin is a HOFer although I can see where CJ is coming from.. I'm just playing devil's advocate there. Larkin's main negative is he just didn't play a whole lot. He had a lot of shortened seasons. My main beef is the notion that Tim Raines is some slam dunk the writers are being stupid over.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 01-11-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heres mine. Again, This includes active players and players not yet eligible. I also decided to add the team theyd go in with, though I didnt exactly put a ton of thought in that part.

I would be interested in seeing a positional breakdown as well... but that might not be feasible.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Added some names to the Honorable Mention, I had completely forgotten about Applling tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I would be interested in seeing a positional breakdown as well... but that might not be feasible.
I can try! Im off today, so I have nothing better to do.

Last edited by comahan : 01-11-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Fernando Martinez has been claimed by the 'Stros.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can only DH at this point and even then he probably can't hit enough. Another bust prospect.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He can only DH at this point and even then he probably can't hit enough. Another bust prospect.
I remember when Milledge and Martinez were suppose to be the top things in the Mets system. Sucks both of them are busts.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it happens. Nobody could have foreseen Martinez's knees going the way they did at such a young age.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's worth it for the Astros. He has another option and they are moving to the AL. I'm surprised the Mets gave up with an option left.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Huh, I like it. Not that im expecting much(if anything), but its definitely worth a try.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Here are the positional rankings for the 100 guys I put in my HOF Top 100 List. Feel free to tear it apart and crap on it as much as you want.

Last edited by comahan : 01-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's worth it for the Astros. He has another option and they are moving to the AL. I'm surprised the Mets gave up with an option left.
They had to clear room from the 40 and I guess they feel he's done. He's always hurt and hasn't ever hit much at AAA so I understand. I'm a little surprised they couldn't get anything in return though not that it matters either way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Here are the positional rankings for the 100 guys I put in my HOF Top 100 List. Feel free to tear it apart and crap on it as much as you want.

No way I'd put Ozzie above Jeter and Cal. Also Sandy Koufax would be #1 on my lefties list. Just my two cents.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really confused as to how Jim Thome makes it on your list but no Palmeiro. Thome hit over 38 homeruns only five times, and it was sporadic over the length of his career. Palmeiro had 9 straight seasons of 38 or more, while having more RBI, 800 more hits, their slugging and OPS hovered around the same area and Thome had an injury riddled career. I mean i can see your argument on why you wouldn't put Palmeiro in, but if he doesn't make the list, Thome sure as hell shouldn't either.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No way I'd put Ozzie above Jeter and Cal. Also Sandy Koufax would be #1 on my lefties list. Just my two cents.
I could see his justification to Ozzie being so high because of his defense. Ozzie didn't change how the game was played, but was damn near a household name because of his glove-work.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I could see his justification to Ozzie being so high because of his defense. Ozzie didn't change how the game was played, but was damn near a household name because of his glove-work.
I guess. He was just the guy who couldn't hit HRs and could do back flips to me when I was a kid. Obviously his amazing defense needs to be taken into account, its the only thing that got him into the HOF, but it can't make up for his pathetic offense when compared to Cal and Jeter.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draysbay.com/2012/1/11/26...ith-luke-scott

Looks like the Rays are signing Luke Scott. If he can stay healthy it's a nice fit.

Last edited by Stash : 01-11-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm really confused as to how Jim Thome makes it on your list but no Palmeiro. Thome hit over 38 homeruns only five times, and it was sporadic over the length of his career. Palmeiro had 9 straight seasons of 38 or more, while having more RBI, 800 more hits, their slugging and OPS hovered around the same area and Thome had an injury riddled career. I mean i can see your argument on why you wouldn't put Palmeiro in, but if he doesn't make the list, Thome sure as hell shouldn't either.
I counted 7 seasons where Thome hit 38 or more homeruns (96,97,01-04,06) and he has more career homeruns in fewer games/AB's. Also, their slugging and OPS aren't as close as you're making them sound.

Thome: .277/.403/.556, .959 OPS, .406 wOBA
Palmeiro: .288/.371/.515, .885 OPS, .380 wOBA

Thome was a significantly better hitter. The only real advantages I can see for Palmeiro were defense and staying healthy.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd agree with the first part, but I'd take Randy Johnson as the top lefty. And Thome is a much better hitter than Palmeiro, come on now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote