Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-12-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Another guy i forgot to mention was Ryan Lindley. I really like his arm strength and i think Rodgers, Clements and Philbin could make him become a good player.

Im also interested in McCarron the Alabama QB just because his story sounds a lot like Matt Flynn. Dont know if hes coming out though.
I like Lindley as a developmental opyion as well

McCarron was a sophomore this year

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did you think of Jabbal Sheard from Pitt last year?
He went 5 picks after Sherrod, and the OLB has looked like a blossoming star this year, with close to 10 sacks.

We need to find a guy like him, Dumervil, Woodley, Brooks Reed, just someone else who is relentless like Matthews is, but 10 pounds bigger.

I wish Kevin Greene could clone himself, to age 24.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Sheard as a prospect but he wasn't someone I was overly excited about

I had him rated as the #8 DE

Quote:
1. Cameron Jordan :: California
2. JJ Watt :: Wisconsin*
3. Ryan Kerrigan :: Purdue
4. Robert Quinn :: North Carolina*
5. Adrian Clayborn :: Iowa
6. Cameron Heyward :: Ohio State
7. Christian Ballard :: Iowa
8. Jabaal Sheard :: Pittsburgh

Last edited by princefielder28 : 01-12-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Massaquoi has declared. Another one to keep an eye on. Though I think if Irvin can get up to 250-ish I like him more.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Massaquoi has declared. Another one to keep an eye on. Though I think if Irvin can get up to 250-ish I like him more.
I love Massaquoi! His motor is great and his bull rush seems to be unstoppable at times.The only issues are that he plays in the Sun Belt division and that he only got 6 sacks but when you take into account he was getting double teamed quite a lot and his team sucked then i think you can forget about those.

I would be more than happy if we got him in the first round or even if we traded up get to him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I love Massaquoi! His motor is great and his bull rush seems to be unstoppable at times.The only issues are that he plays in the Sun Belt division and that he only got 6 sacks but when you take into account he was getting double teamed quite a lot and his team sucked then i think you can forget about those.

I would be more than happy if we got him in the first round or even if we traded up get to him.
Massaquoi will not be a first round pick so don't have to worry about that

his drop in production will be worrysome for teams and he's not the most physically imposing player to begin with, could certainly beef up

Last edited by princefielder28 : 01-14-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post

his drop in production will be worrysome for teams and he's not the most physically imposing player to begin with, could certainly beef up
I love him as a player! Would he still be there at 64?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-14-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I love him as a player! Would he still be there at 64?
I would side on it more likely that he is than he isn't...I feel the 6 sacks against lower competition will be very troublesome for teams

Old 01-14-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would side on it more likely that he is than he isn't...I feel the 6 sacks against lower competition will be very troublesome for teams
I'd love it if we took him then. Think he could be a steal and a massive upgrade over everything we have atm.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-15-2012, 06:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Wade Philips' successful defenses (Chris Canty in Dallas and JJ Watt in Houston) show it and yesterday for the Niners (Justin Smith) how important having an end in the 3-4 defense who can create havoc...i'm sure the front office/coaching staff expected Mike Neal to be that guy but we all know that hasn't been the case and will be a position that needs to be addressed...at this moment all we have is space eaters on our front

Old 01-15-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wade Philips' successful defenses (Chris Canty in Dallas and JJ Watt in Houston) show it and yesterday for the Niners (Justin Smith) how important having an end in the 3-4 defense who can create havoc...i'm sure the front office/coaching staff expected Mike Neal to be that guy but we all know that hasn't been the case and will be a position that needs to be addressed...at this moment all we have is space eaters on our front
Devon Still
Fletcher Cox
Michael Brockers
Brandon Thompson
Jerel Worthy
Jared Crick
Billy Winn

Either way we NEED to get two players to help the pass rush with our first two picks!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly..... which is why Jenkins was so good. Those kinda guys are pretty hard to find.

I like Worthy from MSU.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Brandon Thompson and Jerel Worthy are not guys I would classify as penetrators, more space eaters like we already have...add Derek Wolfe to any list for ends

Old 01-15-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've read that he's pretty much maxed-out at 250 though. Doesn't really have the frame to add much more weight. Not sure how accurate that info is.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly this. Wynn/Wilson just didn't cut it this year...and Mike Neal was injured and didn't show much when he returned. Who knows about him

I really hope Nick can return playing...because if he can then the only problem this D has is at RDE and ROLB. They need to address one of these at least during the draft/FA

I know Ted doesn't dabble into FA much but with this team so close to winning another SB he may need to actually add a key FA or 2. This is a draft/develop team but they already have the core pieces in place. Now it's time to add a piece or 2 from FA IMO
Old 01-16-2012, 06:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Exactly this. Wynn/Wilson just didn't cut it this year...and Mike Neal was injured and didn't show much when he returned. Who knows about him

I really hope Nick can return playing...because if he can then the only problem this D has is at RDE and ROLB. They need to address one of these at least during the draft/FA

I know Ted doesn't dabble into FA much but with this team so close to winning another SB he may need to actually add a key FA or 2. This is a draft/develop team but they already have the core pieces in place. Now it's time to add a piece or 2 from FA IMO
Dont get your hopes up. How many time have we said "maybe this year wie'll get a free agent." It never happens though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-16-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

It's pretty clear we need a Edward, Vinson, McKenzie type draft this year which means just overload at DE and ROLB. Or the other option is having an aggressive Raji, Matthews type draft where they move up instead of sit back. That is assuming Collins is able to come back. Most of our secondary issues where due to zero pass rush all season and that Collins who does all the calls and is the QB of the secondary was gone.

If Nick is back we are a Cullen Jenkins type DE and a half way decent ROLB away from being elite on D again. Our run game is still strong. We had most of our run game issues when Pickett, Bishop, Hawk were out. Wynn, Wilson, Neal offered our team nothing this season. Jones/Walden/Zombo/ETC offer little. They are the achilles heel of our defense.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Which good OLB and DT free agents are out there? I know we wont sign any but it would be nice to know who we're missing out on.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Which good OLB and DT free agents are out there? I know we wont sign any but it would be nice to know who we're missing out on.
OLB's
Robert Mathis
Cliff Avril
Mario Williams (thnk thats where Wade had him)
John Abraham
Anthony Spencer
Jarrett Johnson

DE
Cailis Campbell
Shaun Ellis
Tommie Harris i think

Those are some
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
OLB's
Robert Mathis hasn't played LB to my knowledge, but has production
Cliff Avril eh not interested
Mario Williams (thnk thats where Wade had him) he was playing in the Bruce Smith role technically OLB but not much coverage responsibilities.
John Abraham no thanks
Anthony Spencer not much of an upgrade IMO
Jarrett Johnson Interesting. Not flashy but I know Ravens fans like him.

DE
Cailis Campbell likely to be franchised
Shaun Ellis maybe if he could be gotten cheap as a bridge to a younger draftee
Tommie Harris i think didn't realize he's still only 28. How he do as a 5T this year?

Those are some
My thoughts
Old 01-17-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys my first attempt at a 5 round Packers draft. I don't have enough knowledge yet on players to do a full mock, but here it is. Before you get overly critical or anything though I am mainly doing this based what I consider to be our needs and players I think would fit well in our system.

Round 1 - Nick Perry OLB, USC

Perry finished his season of strong and is said to have great athleticism with a super fast jump off the snap. Plus USC has obviosly been good to us with another OLB so why not.

Alternate pick: Melvin Ingram OLB, South Carolina

Round 2 - Jared Crick DE, Nebraska

Not completely sure Crick will still be around when we get to pick in the 2nd, but I never though Randall Cobb would be available at #64. So with some Luck Crick falls to them and they get an immediate upgrade at DE.

Alternate Pick - Brandon Thompson DE, Clemson

Round 3 - Trumaine Johnson CB, Montana

From what I have read Johnson dominated his opponents, but not sure about the talent level he was playing. At 6'2 205 he is said to be extremely athletic and could be a playermaker for our defense.

Alternate pick - Casey Hayward CB, Vanderbilt

Round 4 - Derek Wolfe DE, Cincinnati

We obviously need an influx of talent at the DE postion. I watched Cincinnati's bowl game and specifically watched Wolfe throughout the game. From what I noticed he constantly got a good push and was also double teamed a bunch. If he is still available here, I think he would do well at DE.

Alternate pick - Shea McCellin OLB, Boise State

Round 5 - Ladarius Green TE, Louisiana-Lafayette

I've only heard rumblings of this guy, but at 6'6 230 he could be another matchup nightmare. Add that to the fact that I LITERALLY cannot stand Stone Hands Finley and it makes for an intriguing pick for me.

Alternate pick - George IIoka FS, Boise State

There you have it. Again this is more based on who I think would fill needs of our team. Let me know what you all think!

Last edited by CheeseKnuckles : 01-17-2012 at 02:58 PM.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Perry finished his season of strong and is said to have great athleticism with a super fast jump off the snap. Plus USC has obviosly been good to us with another OLB so why not.

Would love for this to happen! I really, really like Melvin Ingram and Nick Perry is an athletic freak so either would be great in the 1st. I highly doubt both are there though. Perry will have an Aldon Smith esque rise up the draft and Ingram is too much of a playmaker tonot go earlier

Quote:

Not completely sure Crick will still be around when we get to pick in the 2nd, but I never though Randall Cobb would be available at #64. So with some Luck Crick falls to them and they get an immediate upgrade at DE.

This would again be best case scenario! Crick is talented enough to go 1st round so he would be a steal here. Could come in for Pickett on passing downs and eventually over take him as the starter.

Quote:
Round 3 - Trumaine Johnson, Montana

From what I have read Johnson dominated his opponents, but not sure about the talent level he was playing. At 6'2 205 he is said to be extremely athletic and could be a playermaker for our defense.

Alternate pick - Casey Hayward
Yep, i like the defense, defense, defense strategy. Getting a OLB, DE then CB would turn the defense around.

Quote:

We obviously need an influx of talent at the DE postion. I watched Cincinnati's bowl game and specifically watched Wolfe throughout the game. From what I noticed he constantly got a good push and was also double teamed a bunch. If he is still available here, I think he would do well at DE.

More OLB's, love it! We could then get rid of Erik Walden and maybe Frank Zombo. Both havent cut it so changes are needed.

Quote:

I've only heard rumblings of this guy, but at 6'6 230 he could be another matchup nightmare. Add that to the fact that I LITERALLY cannot stand Stone Hands Finley and it makes for an intriguing pick for me.

If we dont sign Finley on then would like the Green pick but if we do then i hate it! Fine with Iloka because we dont know about Collins.

Overall a great draft, this is real best case scenario though so i dont know how lucky we'll be in April.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-17-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah this is all best case scenario and more a MOCK draft of who I like. Either way we need to draft defense heavy and we have to look for play-makers in the 1st three rounds.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
Hey guys my first attempt at a 5 round Packers draft. I don't have enough knowledge yet on players to do a full mock, but here it is. Before you get overly critical or anything though I am mainly doing this based what I consider to be our needs and players I think would fit well in our system.

My thoughts: I like Nick Perry a lot, maybe even more than Ingram who probably gets drafted earlier than Perry. I think my only question mark would be how he is in coverage.

My Thoughts: Not a fan of Crick at all, give me Mike Martin from Michigan or Derek Wolfe instead.

Round 3 - Trumaine Johnson CB, Montana

Alternate pick - Casey Hayward CB, Vanderbilt

My thoughts: Drafting a corner this year has to be a priority. A) We saw absolutely nothing from House. However, he might develop a ton this offseason. B) Even though Bush "improved", he still is not good in coverage, do a double move on him and he gets burned. C) Woodson is getting older, and who knows how his body will hold. D) Pat Lee has done nothing since he was drafted.

My Thoughts: I like Derek Wolfe, but I think he is a 2nd/3rd rounder. He kind of reminds me of JJ Watt in terms of the impact he had on his team. If he was here at Round 4, I wouldn't even blink.

My thoughts: You are being a tad harsh on J-Mike. With that said, I really don't like what I have seen from DJ Williams (He seems soft to me). However, DJ Williams didn't have an offseason, so I guess I should give him some time. Don't mind drafting a TE as someone said earlier, Quarless might not play next season.

There you have it. Again this is more based on who I think would fill needs of our team. Let me know what you all think!
Good mock draft, hits a lot of needs.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I love Crick. He's not Justin Smith/JJ Watts.
But he's in that mold, if healthy and motivated.