Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that whole steroids thing with Raffy probably doesn't help.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeter's probably too low. In trying to ensure that I didnt overrate active players, I probably underrated most of them (including a few who barely missed the cut)

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Jeter's probably too low. In trying to ensure that I didnt overrate active players, I probably underrated most of them (including a few who barely missed the cut)
It's not that he's too low. I think Ozzie is just too high.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Mets are done with their offseason as if they ever really started. The projected opening day payroll is $90 million. $40 million of that goes to Santana and Bay who contribute nothing. It's a $53 million decrease from last year. **** me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So the Mets are done with their offseason as if they ever really started. The projected opening day payroll is $90 million. $40 million of that goes to Santana and Bay who contribute nothing. It's a $53 million decrease from last year. **** me.

It's just so great to be a Mets fan
Old 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
It's just so great to be a Mets fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78d4Q

Sorry had to.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Reds bullpen looks really stout this year.

Madson
Marshall
Masset
Ondrusek
Arrendondo
Bray
LeCure (Long relief/spot starter)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Don't even need the first pitch this year. I wonder when we trade Wright to save the money off of his contract.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-12-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dam I wish Seattle would spend some darn money on some hitters ugh. Instead of these old crappy pitchers ugh.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dam I wish Seattle would spend some darn money on some hitters ugh. Instead of these old crappy pitchers ugh.
As soon as they change ownership...thats when you will see a change. The owner is a ******* joke.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
As soon as they change ownership...thats when you will see a change. The owner is a ******* joke.
Nintendo is a ******* joke?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Nintendo is a ******* joke?
Yes, when the owner hasnt ever been to a game...yes he is a ******* joke. When the japanese culture is more focused on making profit and not putting a quality team on the field, I see that as a joke. Their attendance has dropped dramatically over the last year, adding an impact player or 2 will HELP that in the long run, and make them more money.

Baseball fans here in the northwest are well aware of whats goin on with the M's.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 01-12-2012 at 09:51 PM.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, supposedly there is a Pineda for Montero trade supposedly about to go down. Not sure how I feel about that.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't be a bad move. M's are stacked in their farm with top end arms in Walker, Hultzen, Paxton. They NEED more bats. I think it would be a perfectly fine swap for both teams. Yanks get a pitcher for the rotation which is their main need, and the M's finally get Montero(almost had him in the Cliff Lee trade)
Old 01-13-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pineda's an extreme flyball pitcher and Montero's right handed power hitter. I wonder if the teams ever looked at their home stadiums when they make these trades.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Pirates go after Justin Smoak now.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt the M's are looking to move Smoak. Montero is a DH, period
Old 01-13-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Pineda's an extreme flyball pitcher and Montero's right handed power hitter. I wonder if the teams ever looked at their home stadiums when they make these trades.
Pineda should be alright, but Montero's power is zapped in Safeco (like Smoak, except Smoak blows). This is why Seattle should sign Prince but nooooo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I hope the Pirates go after Justin Smoak now.
Montero will play DH, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Watch the Yanks sign FIelder to be their DH now
Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Pineda should be alright, but Montero's power is zapped in Safeco (like Smoak, except Smoak blows). This is why Seattle should sign Prince but nooooo.

Montero will play DH, so...
You don't think his really low GB%, low HR/9 plus just 2 pitch mix(2 really good ones) hurt him in the bandbox? Plus Smoak was red hot in the start of the season, injured his thumb and lost his dad. Still tons of time for him to turn around.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
You don't think his really low GB%, low HR/9 plus just 2 pitch mix(2 really good ones) hurt him in the bandbox? Plus Smoak was red hot in the start of the season, injured his thumb and lost his dad. Still tons of time for him to turn around.
That's on the condition that his changeup improves a bit. And Yankee Stadium isn't nearly as much of a bandbox as people have started believing it is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

That division is still pretty hellish though with good offenses + good hitting environments(Boston, Toronto)

I'd expect his numbers to go up just based on all of this. AL West, like the NL West, is a pitchers paradise. I think in the end PIneda will be fine in NY, though
Old 01-13-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
That division is still pretty hellish though with good offenses + good hitting environments(Boston, Toronto)

I'd expect his numbers to go up just based on all of this. AL West, like the NL West, is a pitchers paradise. I think in the end PIneda will be fine in NY, though
NL West still has Arizona's tiny stadium and AL West still has Arlington, so there is some serious hitter parks in those divisions too.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-13-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

So we give up one of our best prospects in Jose Campos as well. Sigh.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have some balls Jack Z. Either get better (SIGN PRINCE) or rebuild and trade Felix for a massive haul. Don't make this kind of move.