Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers NFC Championship Gameday Thread: Giants at 49ers

NFC Divisional Playoffs:
Sunday, January 22, 2012

New York Giants (11-7)
at
San Francisco 49ers (14-3)

Time: 3:30 pm pst

Holy ****! I mean seriously, ... HOLY ****! We're in the freaking NFC Championship Game? And it's at home? And we're the opening line favorite (-2.5)? Unbelievable.

So proud of this team. They took on one of the greatest offenses of all time and they pulled it out. Just an incredible performance.

But now it's over.

The Giants just did the same thing but they did it AT Green Bay. Very impressive. They're getting a lot of early love from the media and so be it. They've looked very good in back to back games. They are scary.

This is not easy to defend:

Especially with this

I really hope the 9ers can establish a lot of this:

And also run this

And what the hell ... some more of this:

Will they be able to contain this

Last time they didn't

They'll be rocking this

And this

Sigh. And this

Their defense is going to be a much bigger challenge than the Saints.

But we've also got a good defense. Maybe you've heard about it. We've got a beast ...

An animal ...

A hawk ...

And a God ...

We might have a secret weapon returning as well ...

He's awaiting medical clearance today to play this week.

Now, I've heard some Giants fans say they want revenge for this

Screw that. I want revenge for this

And dammit, this

God, that is ridiculous to watch. Just soul crushing. That one play did major emotional damage to me. It was hard to get back into football the next year. Just devastating.

Of course, that game ended our bid to 3-peat and led to this

And then this

Should have been ours. Damn you Leonard Marshall.

Finally, it's a 3:30 pm start. Very weird start time. This game will be memorable, and it will start in daylight and end in nightlight. Could be visually spectacular.

60 minutes. Winner goes to the Super Bowl. HOLY ****!

Special Note: Even though we don't have to play the Packers, we just can't get away from those ridiculous cheeseheads.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great hustle Borat. Crossing my fingers the 49ers can get Walker back for this game. Even though he hasn't been a factor in the passing game for the last few weeks it would be nice to give that red hot Giants defense one more wrinkle to worry about.

Also props to the 49ers PR dept. for adding an NY in front of the Giants hashtag this time around.

Forecast calls for rain on Sunday.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...co+CA+USCA0987

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 01-16-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is like a dream. One step away from the big show. And we're at home. Unbelievable. Regardless what happens from this point, this team has shown true resilience in the face of adversity and has gone beyond expectations. I didn't think it was possible at all, but they've proven skeptics like me wrong. Hopefully they can make it to the Super Bowl though. It's been way too long.

As for the Giants, even though we handled them last time, we didn't win by that much. We won the turnover battle by +1 and it still went down to the wire. Giants play well in big games, but it looks like we too have shown that same flair as well. A lot of our victories have been close and we're not used to just be ahead all the time.

Whatever happens, I just hope the 49ers put their heart and soul into it. It would nice for guys like Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Andy Lee, Justin Smith, and Alex Smith to at least have a bite at the apple after all the crap they've been through. Especially Alex.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Great hustle Borat. Crossing my fingers the 49ers can get Walker back for this game. Even though he hasn't been a factor in the passing game for the last few weeks it would be nice to give that red hot Giants defense one more wrinkle to worry about.

Also props to the 49ers PR dept. for adding an NY in front of the Giants hashtag this time around.

Forecast calls for rain on Sunday.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...co+CA+USCA0987
How to Hashtags work on twitter? Are they even useful?

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
If its a popular topic, you can click on it and see what other people are saying about it. People who use it on facebook, however, are stupid

Old 01-16-2012, 04:03 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You basically tag something with it and can click on the hashtag to search for things with the same one. Stuff like #Niners or #49ers.

Hoping we come out on top this game too.

49ers PR has been doing pretty good so far this postseason.

Last edited by Verloren : 01-16-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:06 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
If its a popular topic, you can click on it and see what other people are saying about it. People who use it on facebook, however, are stupid
I add a hashtag (outside of twitter) just to make it easier for someone to understand that I am joking or being sarcastic. Agree it looks dumb but a lot of times (especially through facebook) people take it the wrong way.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Just to recap hahaha. He even hates Drew Brees LOL.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hahahaha. Dude is completely lost but it's funny.

I was enjoying the Niners ride; their apparent over-achieving; the fact that Harbaugh helped take a lot of talent and put it all together, making this team a consistent winner this season, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. My hopes are now up. They're one win away from the big game and a shot at #6. This team has proven that they belong; They are NO fluke. They didn't just ride a hot streak (like the Giants are on right now). They've been consistent and dominant in many aspects of the game and they are physically and mentally strong. They've earned the right to be in this position and I believe then can beat the Giants and move on to the big game and we all know what happens when the Niners play ion the Super Bowl - they win! This will be a fun week and I'm going to enjoy it. I'm confident that our 49ers will find a way to be victorious once again, doing whatever it takes to move on.

I hope Delanie comes back and gets 100+ yards and a TD as the Giants roll all their coverages to VD cause they're stuck on this last game's tape. If D-Walk plays, he'll get one on one chances for sure.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 01-16-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, we've all accepted Alex Smith, right?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-16-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He didn't throw for 300 yards so comeback win is invalid. Imagine if we had Josh Johnson. :D
Old 01-16-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After yesterdays game I yqve and love the kid sure he doesnt hqve the strong deep ball but our offense is not made for that . He's clutch and wins all that matters to me . I would love to see what he can do if we had a real deep threat wr besides VD.

Onto the game . I'm so stoked I hope we pull it off and kick the giants to the curb . Our denfesne just has to win the turn over battle .if we can so that we're going to show .

Love thread this so many good memories from years pass . It's been a long time coming. Alex smith and so does the rest of the team .... Good luck 49ers!!! You desrve this next and a super bowl spot !!! Roll on and god speed !
Old 01-16-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys looking forward to talking about this game with you all week. I'm super pumped up like all of you. Good luck!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You would think a couple of clutch throws and a dramatic playoff win would erase 6 years of fultility. I've been said he has earned the right to return and see if he can improve further on the strides he's made this year. Saturday's win only reaffirms that there is more good from Alex to come, the more time he is in this offense and the more time Jimbaugh has here to mold him. But I dont think everybody will accept him until he brings us Super Bowl # 6. I think alot fans feel like that's what he was drafted #1overall to do. Not saying that's right but I think alot fans mindset is to still not give him credit. I think some fans would blame Alex Smith for messing up our perfect record in SBs if we went there and lost. People just love to hate on the guy. There were ppl saying he should have stop short of the endzone on his TD run and knelt on the ball, forcing the Saints to waste their last timeout and use up more clock before we kicked the FG for the win. There's always going to be ppl that refuse to acknowledge any of the good his does for this team.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
He didn't throw for 300 yards so comeback win is invalid. Imagine if we had Josh Johnson. :D
299 yards, 3 passing TDs, and a rushing TD in a playoff game? WORTHLESS

Old 01-16-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ted Robinson's voice is a little cracked from Saturday's acton hahaha. Listening to him on KNBR's podcast.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Yes. For the moment. I mean if he has like the worst game of his life Sunday...that will be a bad mark for him, but I was wrong about him. He's gotten better throughout the season and has come through when it mattered.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Let me preface this by saying that I don't believe in jinxing games, but that said:

Surely, I am not the only one of you that feels like there is something special about this season. Even if we lose on Sunday, I cannot properly express how wonderful the last 19 weeks of Niners football has been. I was almost brought to tears of joy on Saturday. The last four minutes of that game were the craziest sports-induced emotional roller-coaster I've had to deal with in a long time (Okay, maybe just since the Giants' WS run). But, something about dealing with 9 years of absolute god-awful play made last week's game so ******* enjoyable that even watching the replay, I can feel the emotions coming back during that last drive. Even knowing how it plays out, to see it unfold is so goddamn wonderful.

Over these last few years, despite being raised a Cal fan and seeing Tedford's prodigal son go to a team I cannot stand, I've come to root for Alex Smith because he's just a likeable guy. Even if I've been, at times, proponent of his exit from San Francisco. Yet, something about that last drive made me not just happy as a fan of the 49ers, but so happy for a guy who wanted nothing more than to prove himself as a 49er, when he easily could have bailed and taken a nice gig as a back up in another city.

Win or lose this weekend, I can honestly say this is the most enjoyable 49er season since '94. I don't even care if they make it to the Super Bowl.

Well, I do want them to, but you know what I mean.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expected some Kappy plays drew up last week. Not the Gore flea flicker throw like the John Wall ceremonial pitch.

Not likely to get a big play but when you use that wrinkle of a running QB play it seems like a sure gain for about 5 yards. Maybe leave Smith in the game as a WR.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

The Music City meltdown.

Oh and terrible last attempt by the Saints by attempting two forward passes.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasnt the biggest Alex Smith fan but I didnt hate him either but going through this season even before Sunday's classic win over the Saints, I was liking Smith more and more because you can see that he can play. He showed flashes in 2006 with Turner but then came crappy HC and OC year after year.

I always said that we needed to go back to basics in order to win and Harbaugh has done just that. I love his intensity and the fact that he's a perfectionist and that he doesnt care about the media and speaks his mind.

With all that said, Smith should definitely be brought back with a multi year deal. Regardless of what happens Sunday, Smith has shown that he can play good or great and lead us to a comeback win (twice in the same game). He just needed a HC who knew what he was doing and offensive based. Its funny, if we beat the Giants and win the SB, just imagine how we would have done with a full off-season. Probably would have went 19-0. LOL. :)

Either way, Smith should definitely be signed to a multi year deal. I'm just hoping that we can acquire a speed receiver to start opposite Crabtree. That would complete the offensive firepower. Then, resign Snyder while still trying to upgrade at RG and our offense will be set for years to come.

Go 49ers!!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

WOW!!! That was just too funny. I dont know why the guy is pissed about the Saints losing when he has a Colts poster on his wall of Reggie Wayne but whatever. Oh well. Haha.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Wayne is from New Orleans? only thing i could come up with lol

Old 01-17-2012, 02:55 AM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Hope the 49ERS Win it All. I don't have a Favorite NFL Team but I have always like the 49ERS and think Jim Harbaugh is a Great Coach. Who would you guys rather Play if We make it to the Super Bowl?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
WOW!!! That was just too funny. I dont know why the guy is pissed about the Saints losing when he has a Colts poster on his wall of Reggie Wayne but whatever. Oh well. Haha.
Read on the youtube comments that his wife is a Colts fan...sure. I just love that he still has his Baron Davis jersey hanging with pride while he bitches out former Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees. What a clown.
Closed Thread