Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-14-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
How far you reaching back into the memory banks for that one? I've been a UT fan my whole life and can't say I've ever seen us close to playing a game with USC.
Come on Cash, you dont remember that 1940 Rose Bowl when the Trojans beat the Vols 14-0. You must be slipping.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC did kick the **** out of a very good Auburn team earlier in the 2000's but to be completely honest thats the last SEC team I can remember us playing.

Im not trying to pick a fight but not many SEC teams schedule big teams OOC. They would rather schedule cupcakes and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Boise St. beat an Oklahoma team by ONE gimmick play. An Oklahoma team that was using one of their WR's to play quarterback. Not the same as facing the Oklahoma offenses with Heisman Trophy winners Jason White or Sam Bradford. The fact that you don't realize that says enough. Stick to hockey.
It ended up coming down to the 1 play, but BSU was kicking the living **** out of them until they tried to lose the game for themselves. So dont say they won on ONE gimmick play, they dominated that game. Oklahoma had to score 18 points in the 4th which was aided by BSU starting to play cautious.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
USC did kick the **** out of a very good Auburn team earlier in the 2000's but to be completely honest thats the last SEC team I can remember us playing.

Im not trying to pick a fight but not many SEC teams schedule big teams OOC. They would rather schedule cupcakes and go from there.

Since when is a 4 and 5 loss Auburn team a "very good" one?

USC beat an Auburn team in 2002 that ended up with 4 losses and unranked. That same Auburn team lost to Arkansas by 3 touchdowns.

The next year USC beat an Auburn team that ended up with 5 losses and again unranked. That same Auburn team lost to LSU and UGA by 20+ points.

That's essentially scraping the bottom of the barrel.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://rmirror.net/r/videos/comments..._bcs_national/
Old 01-16-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since when is a 4 and 5 loss Auburn team a "very good" one?

USC beat an Auburn team in 2002 that ended up with 4 losses and unranked. That same Auburn team lost to Arkansas by 3 touchdowns.

The next year USC beat an Auburn team that ended up with 5 losses and again unranked. That same Auburn team lost to LSU and UGA by 20+ points.

That's essentially scraping the bottom of the barrel.
USC has tried to schedule many match ups with the SEC recently. The SEC wants to stick to their cupcake schedules though. Arkansas and Auburn have been the only teams to accept.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It ended up coming down to the 1 play, but BSU was kicking the living **** out of them until they tried to lose the game for themselves. So dont say they won on ONE gimmick play, they dominated that game. Oklahoma had to score 18 points in the 4th which was aided by BSU starting to play cautious.
I was just about to say this. Anyone who watched that game would know that Boise State dominated that game for about 3.7 quarters of the game.

And that was essentially the start of their run and dominance.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We killed arkansas twice. hung 50 on them the second time around, the highest point total given up by arkansas that year.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
We killed arkansas twice. hung 50 on them the second time around, the highest point total given up by arkansas that year.
Thats right, I forgot about the Arkansas series.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Stay Classy, Bama!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Again, USC beat a 7 loss Arkansas team that was unranked and not even bowl eligible. The same Arkansas team that lost to Vanderbilt.

Then beat a 4 loss Arkansas team that took 2 overtimes to beat Bama by 1 point.

Where's the wins against a ranked SEC team, much less a very good one?

I remember watching all these games and USC was a great team, but the fact is, they didn't beat anybody from the SEC to poke their chest out about.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
USC has tried to schedule many match ups with the SEC recently. The SEC wants to stick to their cupcake schedules though. Arkansas and Auburn have been the only teams to accept.

I doubt it. Bama was able to schedule two preseason top 10 ACC opponents in back-to-back season openers in 2008 and 2009 against Clemson and Virginia Tech.

Beat Virginia Tech by 10 points, and beat Clemson by 24 points. Bama's defense held the 'great' tandem of C.J. Spiller and James Davis to a combined 0 yards rushing.

Bama somehow managed to schedule a potential top 10 B1G team for the season opener next year (Michigan) in the Jerry Dome. They got Penn St. in a home-and-home this year and last.

Don't be a moron. Anytime SC wants some they can get some. It's not in the SEC's DNA to avoid scheduling tradition rich programs from other conferences.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

LSU was able to schedule a top 15 Arizona St. team in 2005 and travel to Arizona to beat 'em. Also scheduled Washington and traveled to Washington to beat them in 2009.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Don't be a moron. Anytime SC wants some they can get some.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:

Translation:

"I realize my arguments fail, my conference sucks, and I'm green with envy for the SEC. I'll post a pic since it's all I'm left with".

I've never seen a more transparent schtick. Although they are pretty funny.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:

I remember watching all these games and USC was a great team, but the fact is, they didn't beat anybody from the SEC to poke their chest out about.
Oh the Arkansas team that beat #22 bama in OT? The team that beat #3 Auburn? Beat #15 Tennessee? and then took #8 LSU, #4 Florida (in the SEC title game), and #5 wisconsin down to the wire? losing by a combined 18 points in those 3 games? Pretty damn good team...and they lost 50-14 in their own stadium to USC that year, McFadden had a whopping 42 yds.

Quote:
I doubt it. Bama was able to schedule two preseason top 10 ACC opponents in back-to-back season openers in 2008 and 2009 against Clemson and Virginia Tech.

Beat Virginia Tech by 10 points, and beat Clemson by 24 points. Bama's defense held the 'great' tandem of C.J. Spiller and James Davis to a combined 0 yards rushing.

Bama somehow managed to schedule a potential top 10 B1G team for the season opener next year (Michigan) in the Jerry Dome. They got Penn St. in a home-and-home this year and last.

Don't be a moron. Anytime SC wants some they can get some. It's not in the SEC's DNA to avoid scheduling tradition rich programs from other conferences.
Dude are you ******* high? Its not that SC doesnt wanna schedule them, they call the toughest teams in the country year in and year out. Dont act like the SEC is out scheduling the best of the best, they schedule teams OOC that they know they can beat. Im suppose to be impressed and be in Aww that Bama scheduled VA Tech and Clemson? They scheduled a Penn State team that was starting a freshman QB and then smacked on a another weak team this year? Im suppose to be impressed that they are playing Michigan? Like really? They schedule those teams because they know they can beat them...but in the end itll look good just because in the box score it says they beat Michigan/Penn State/Va Tech/Clemson. I will be impressed when teams like Tennessee take SC up on their offer or a team like Bama or LSU calls USC, rather than playing teams like Kent State, North Texas, and ******* Georgia Southern.

Quote:
LSU was able to schedule a top 15 Arizona St. team in 2005 and travel to Arizona to beat 'em. Also scheduled Washington and traveled to Washington to beat them in 2009.
Oh you mean that Arizona state team that went 7-5 that year? Good ******* find, and the same Washington team that went 5-7? WHOOOOOO! GOOD WIN, oh wait...they almost lost that game.

Quote:

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 01-16-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair to Arkansas, in that game McFadden wasn't healthy, and he was that entire team basically. Hillis and Jones got their yards, but it was all predicated on the D keying in on McFadden. They weren't a very strong team outside of him and the wildcat, so it's no surprise they couldn't finish it out against other good teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC's winning it all next year

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
To be fair to Arkansas, in that game McFadden wasn't healthy, and he was that entire team basically. Hillis and Jones got their yards, but it was all predicated on the D keying in on McFadden. They weren't a very strong team outside of him and the wildcat, so it's no surprise they couldn't finish it out against other good teams.
They beat good teams that year, though. It's not like they were some cupcake. They finished the season ranked 15th and would have been higher had they pulled out on of those nail biters down the stretch.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
USC's winning it all next year
Little to early to tell.

The offense will be great, but there is 3 key questions that need to be answered:

1.)Can USC stay healthy?

With 75 players on scholarship, this is a big one. The depth at key positions like O-Line, running back, and defensive tackle is low.

2.)Can Matt Barkely's new blindside protector keep him upright?

Matt has been blessed with the likes of Tyron Smith and Matt Kalil. Kevin Graf will be the LT in 2012. We'll see...

***** you Arik Armstead...this should be you here^

3.)Sophomore slumps?

USC received tremendous play out of freshman last season in Marqise Lee, Dion Bailey, Hayes Pullard, Marcus Martin etc. Sophomore slumps are common in college, so as a Trojan fan i'm watching to see how these players mature.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Lol please. I was at the game. You know damn well Arizona state was dominating LSU the entire game. It took a punt block off a stupid spread punt formation and a conversion off a 4th and 22 for LSU to win.

Not to mention ASU drove down the field into the red zone in the final minute and almost converted.

ASU was the better team that night despite the score and despite the rankings at the time.

Also it was only in Arizona because of Katrina. it was an LSU home game. get your facts straight.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:

2.)Can Matt Barkely's new blindside protector keep him upright?

Matt has been blessed with the likes of Tyron Smith and Matt Kalil. Kevin Graf will be the LT in 2012. We'll see...

***** you Arik Armstead...this should be you here^
Gotta hope that we land one of Andrus Pete or Zach banner, 2 very talented tackles...would be awesome.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Gotta hope that we land one of Andrus Pete or Zach banner, 2 very talented tackles...would be awesome.
Peat and Banner would be awesome additions as future contributors. If everything lined up right though: Arik would be the starting LT for the USC Trojans in 2012. Peat and Banner need a season or 2 to adapt to the college game.

BTW Banner is 110% Trojan. Peat will be hard to snag away from Nebraska.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

The fact that you deny that SEC schools purposely schedule weak OOC games even when their coaches admit to it is laughable. It's not even something worth defending because they have their own reasons. Like always they cite their "tough in conference schedule" for reasons they even schedule subdivision teams."

You saying they don't schedule cupcakes in OOC games is being a great homer.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ence-schedulin
Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Again, USC beat a 7 loss Arkansas team that was unranked and not even bowl eligible. The same Arkansas team that lost to Vanderbilt.

you fail to point out that SC scored the most points against the Arkansas defense that anyone has their entire schedule.

Arkansas was ranked #15 and lost 4 games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Ar..._football_team