Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow that guy has a wife?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:14 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
I Hope the 49ERS Win it All. I don't have a Favorite NFL Team but I have always like the 49ERS and think Jim Harbaugh is a Great Coach. Who would you guys rather Play if We make it to the Super Bowl?
Honestly I'm just following what Harbaugh preaches and taking it one game at a time (I talk like I'm actually playing Sunday, haha). But all my focus is on the Giants and not even thinking about the Super Bowl being one game away. I feel like I'm going to jinx them if I start picking out who they play in the Super bowl.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Wow that guy has a wife?
Sunday's must be hell for her. I wonder what happened when the Saints played the Colts a few Super Bowls ago? Would have loved to see that youtube video of his reaction.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and I have one last question about Twitter. Is it worth having unless you are famous or something? Because I made one recently and I tried toying around with it following guys like Rich Eisen and Peter King and I'm guessing when you tweet something you can't see the message you sent to them. It says your tweet has been sent, but...I don't know, I just take satisfaction in seeing with my own eyes that the message I wrote is on their "wall" or something like on Facebook. I'm guessing guys like those have a bunch of followers so you might not get a reply...

Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 04:20 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I Hope the 49ERS Win it All. I don't have a Favorite NFL Team but I have always like the 49ERS and think Jim Harbaugh is a Great Coach. Who would you guys rather Play if We make it to the Super Bowl?
I could care less. I just want to make it there. The G-Men are my focus at this point. Its hard to beat a very good team twice in one year. We have a tall task ahead of us on Sunday.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:30 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh, and I have one last question about Twitter. Is it worth having unless you are famous or something? Because I made one recently and I tried toying around with it following guys like Rich Eisen and Peter King and I'm guessing when you tweet something you can't see the message you sent to them. It says your tweet has been sent, but...I don't know, I just take satisfaction in seeing with my own eyes that the message I wrote is on their "wall" or something like on Facebook. I'm guessing guys like those have a bunch of followers so you might not get a reply...
I love twitter just for the stream of live updates. It is great to get all the updates throughout the day and how fast I can search things through twitter. If I hear about an injury or trade rumor I pop it into the search and usually a link to a blog pops up. Also I like using it for information on stuff outside of sports. I'm too lazy or ignorant, depending on who you ask, to keep up with CNN or news sites so what's trending helps me stay in the loop on certain matters. I've also won Warriors and Giants tickets through sites and 49ers players were giving out tickets to the playoff game in the last couple of weeks.

If you tweet someone like @ (insert user name) the message will show up on your profile (under view my page) and it will show up on that users mentions. It depends on who you tweet. Some people are active and reply and some don't. I usually try to follow people who at least interact with others. Hope this helped alittle.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I love twitter just for the stream of live updates. It is great to get all the updates throughout the day and how fast I can search things through twitter. If I hear about an injury or trade rumor I pop it into the search and usually a link to a blog pops up. Also I like using it for information on stuff outside of sports. I'm too lazy or ignorant, depending on who you ask, to keep up with CNN or news sites so what's trending helps me stay in the loop on certain matters. I've also won Warriors and Giants tickets through sites and 49ers players were giving out tickets to the playoff game in the last couple of weeks.

If you tweet someone like @ (insert user name) the message will show up on your profile (under view my page) and it will show up on that users mentions. It depends on who you tweet. Some people are active and reply and some don't. I usually try to follow people who at least interact with others. Hope this helped alittle.
Well am I notified if someone replies? Because I just found my mentions section and I found a few replies, but I don't remember logging in and being notified about them. Of course I haven't logged in for about three weeks. Is it like Facebook when you log in and it's obvious that someone replied to you? Or do you always have to go to the mentions tab and assume some replied to your earlier message?

Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well am I notified if someone replies? Because I just found my mentions section and I found a few replies, but I don't remember logging in and being notified about them. Of course I haven't logged in for about three weeks. Is it like Facebook when you log in and it's obvious that someone replied to you? Or do you always have to go to the mentions tab and assume some replied to your earlier message?
It should notify you through the email that your twitter account is sync'd up to. Check your settings and go to notifications to see if the boxes are checked to allow DM and notifications to be sent to your email. And no twitter doesn't notify you like facebook if someone has message you. The moblie app version does but for some reason the website version doesn't. I would always go to my mentions to see if someone replied. If you follow a lot of people it is hard to keep track of people on your timeline.

Here is some 49ers talk for people who are annoyed by the twitter talk: The level Victor Cruz and Nicks have been playing at has me really concerned. They are like a steroided version of what Dallas has in Miles Austin and Dez Bryant. I also have been impressed with the trust level Eli has in his WR. He has done an impressive job the past few weeks of throwing balls up for grabs but putting them in spots where only his WR can get them. He really does a great job of taking advantage of the size of Cruz, Nicks, and Ballard.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Speed receivers give us problems. Carlos Rogers had problems with Victor Cruz. We did a good job against New Orleans on deep passes except for that last second Graham bomb, but I can't think of any of their receivers that are true burners. I'm guessing either Henderson or Meachem would fit that mold, but I think Cruz is overall faster.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Just listened to Jim Harbaugh's press pass. I think Matt Barrows, or another beat writer asked Jim Harbaugh about his own personal opportunity he had as a player in 1995 when they almost went to the Super Bowl being a member of the Colts. The reporter asked if he had told his team about that and how these chances may not always come back, he said he had talked to his team once about it, briefly. Harbaugh doesn't like to live in the past though and likes to look ahead.

I had forgot how Harbaugh hasn't gotten there either after being a player and getting close. It would be good for him to at least get there as a coach.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-17-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here comes the bandwagon. At least people care about the Niners. HAHAHAHA

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. It's only Tuesday and I'm already sick of the ridiculous East Coast media bias that's happening right now, talking about the Giants and giving them all the credit in the world for being "a hot team right now." These "anal-ysts" should know better than to jump on the "hot" team bandwagon cause the Niners have been hot all year! I don't want people in the media to believe in the Niners because they've been doubting all year, and it's been motivating Harbaugh & Co.; I just want them to get some credit for what they've accomplished so far. Looks like their work isn't done. They're not finished proving people wrong and they'll have to beat a team (again) that was 9-7 and barely sneaked into the postseason, who are now becoming over-confident and great candidates to get smacked in the mouth (again) by this 'Fysical' Niners squad.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention that the Saints were way hotter than the Giants are, anyway.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Wow. It's only Tuesday and I'm already sick of the ridiculous East Coast media bias that's happening right now, talking about the Giants and giving them all the credit in the world for being "a hot team right now." These "anal-ysts" should know better than to jump on the "hot" team bandwagon cause the Niners have been hot all year! I don't want people in the media to believe in the Niners because they've been doubting all year, and it's been motivating Harbaugh & Co.; I just want them to get some credit for what they've accomplished so far. Looks like their work isn't done. They're not finished proving people wrong and they'll have to beat a team (again) that was 9-7 and barely sneaked into the postseason, who are now becoming over-confident and great candidates to get smacked in the mouth (again) by this 'Fysical' Niners squad.
And I'm loving every minute of it. All the Giants fans I know personally are just SOOOOO confident. They havent been outright disrespectful, just real smug like we got this. Everybody's a world beater....then they play us. Its been a season long list of teams who were very cocky about they're fortunes against us. Tampa Bay and they're whole "West Coast Killerz" rhetoric. The Lions who were undefeated before we played them. The first Giants game when Justin Tuck was calling Alex a game manager. The Pittsburgh game because that would be the first "real" test of our season. The second Seattle game because they were red hot, fighting for a playoff spot, Pete Carroll, loudest stadium in the league, divison rival, yadda yadda yadda. And Saturday versus the greatest offense known to man. Its been our theme all year. If it aint broke, don't fix it. We relish shutting up opposing teams and fans. Tell them keep it coming....

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-17-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And I'm loving every minute of it. All the Giants fans I know personally are just SOOOOO confident. They havent been outright disrespectful, just real smug like we got this. Everybody's a world beater....then they play us. Its been a season long list of teams who were very cocky about they're fortunes against us. Tampa Bay and they're whole "West Coast Killerz" rhetoric. The Lions who were undefeated before we played them. The first Giants game when Justin Tuck was calling Alex a game manager. The Pittsburgh game because that would be the first "real" test of our season. The second Seattle game because they were red hot, fighting for a playoff spot, Pete Carroll, loudest stadium in the league, divison rival, yadda yadda yadda. And last Sunday versus the greatest offense known to man. Its been our theme all year. If it aint broke, don't fix it. We relish shutting up opposing teams, the media, and opposing fans. Tell them keep it coming....
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The media is always going to want the Giants in the Superbowl that's why every time I see the Niners beat and NFC East team it's extra sweet.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
And I'm loving every minute of it. All the Giants fans I know personally are just SOOOOO confident. They havent been outright disrespectful, just real smug like we got this. Everybody's a world beater....then they play us. Its been a season long list of teams who were very cocky about they're fortunes against us. Tampa Bay and they're whole "West Coast Killerz" rhetoric. The Lions who were undefeated before we played them. The first Giants game when Justin Tuck was calling Alex a game manager. The Pittsburgh game because that would be the first "real" test of our season. The second Seattle game because they were red hot, fighting for a playoff spot, Pete Carroll, loudest stadium in the league, divison rival, yadda yadda yadda. And Saturday versus the greatest offense known to man. Its been our theme all year. If it aint broke, don't fix it. We relish shutting up opposing teams and fans. Tell them keep it coming....
49ers defense was extra motivated in that Saints game.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Justin Smith finally getting some face time. Nice article on SI.com:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=nfl_wr_a2

Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here comes the bandwagon. At least people care about the Niners. HAHAHAHA
Not really. I follow my Favorite Players but If I had to pick a Team it would be 49ERS or Lions. I think Turnovers will play a Big Part of this game, The 49ERS beat the Saints with Turnovers. I can't wait for Sunday, I wanted the Giants to Beat the Packers because that would mean this game would be played in Candlestick rather than Lambeau.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not really. I follow my Favorite Players but If I had to pick a Team it would be 49ERS or Lions. I think Turnovers will play a Big Part of this game, The 49ERS beat the Saints with Turnovers. I can't wait for Sunday, I wanted the Giants to Beat the Packers because that would mean this game would be played in Candlestick rather than Lambeau.
Pick one! You're in the 49ers team forum, btw. :)

Old 01-17-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pick one! You're in the 49ers team forum, btw. :)
It all depends on how is playing in what games. My Friends say the same thing, that I should pick a team and I keep telling them no. For the Next few Weeks I am a Huge 49ERS Fan. I would probably pick the 49ERS in every game and just have to watch when they play the Lions.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

So much media material on NFL.com. Seriously can't keep up.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Saw this in Sports Authority today and I think it goes against Harbaugh's "Humble Hearts" theme.

If they jinx SF, I will boycott (which I basically do anyway since they are pricey)
Old 01-20-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I don't think retailers care about what Jim Harbaugh has to say. Like the media, they play by their own rules.

Quote:
Closed Thread