Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Seahawks? They were down to start the 4th. They got 3 turnovers from Seattle. They gave Seattle 5. Seattle had more first downs. Seattle had 5 ypc. How did you expect them to win that game?

SF? it was a 1 point game to begin the 3rd and they lost by seven to a 13-3 team on the road.

Eagles? Gmen got 12 first downs. Were down 10-3 to start the 4th. Out gained by 120 yards.

Now can we could the fortunate wins??????

GMen were much much much closer to 5-11 then 12-4. That is why they were -6 for the season. 19th in the league.
Well if you watched the game, the giants were driving into the endzone to take the lead late in the 4th when Cruz slipped on a slant and tipped the ball into the air for a pick six that sealed it for the seahawks. If Cruz doesn't slip the giants have the lead late and have a great chance to win. That's one play that cost the giants a win.

Against the 9ers the giants needed to not run a draw in the redzone just once and not have to settle for chipshot FGs and that's a game the giants would also have had a great chance to win.

Against the eagles you said it, despite all of that **** play they where down just one score but the offense never hit that one play to get going and the d just gave up.

Then the first packers game was a 3 point game and all they need was to take a little longer to score their last TD or see the packers drop just one pass on that last drive and the giants would've handed them their first loss.

So if you're going to say the giants could've easily been 5-11 I'll say they easily could've been 13-3 and none of this will matter because they ended up 9-7 and with playoff wins over the Falcons and Packers.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Well if you watched the game, the giants were driving into the endzone to take the lead late in the 4th when Cruz slipped on a slant and tipped the ball into the air for a pick six that sealed it for the seahawks. If Cruz doesn't slip the giants have the lead late and have a great chance to win. That's one play that cost the giants a win.

Against the 9ers the giants needed to not run a draw in the redzone just once and not have to settle for chipshot FGs and that's a game the giants would also have had a great chance to win.

Against the eagles you said it, despite all of that **** play they where down just one score but the offense never hit that one play to get going and the d just gave up.

Then the first packers game was a 3 point game and all they need was to take a little longer to score their last TD or see the packers drop just one pass on that last drive and the giants would've handed them their first loss.

So if you're going to say the giants could've easily been 5-11 I'll say they easily could've been 13-3 and none of this will matter because they ended up 9-7 and with playoff wins over the Falcons and Packers.
I think you are arguing my points for me.

Much closer to 5-11 than 13-3.

I just hate teams like that.

But all that matters is Lombardi.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you are arguing my points for me.

Much closer to 5-11 than 13-3.

I just hate teams like that.

But all that matters is Lombardi.
9-7 is exactly in between 5-11 and 13-3. 13-9=4 9-5=4 4=4 See?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to say I also don't understand all the Packers hate on this board.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I just wanted to say I also don't understand all the Packers hate on this board.
It's mostly just a few that ruin it for all the other ones.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I think I need to start a Packers-specific thread in the Pro Football section.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've seen some posts that were crazy talk but when a team wins the super bowl and then goes 15-1 its understandable that there will be some of that. I probably just tend to have a soft spot for them because my Grandma is from Wisconsin. She raised me to root for the Packers and Favre. I turned to a Lions fan once I realized what was going on. I have a dark fan past, lol.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I've seen some posts that were crazy talk but when a team wins the super bowl and then goes 15-1 its understandable that there will be some of that. I probably just tend to have a soft spot for them because my Grandma is from Wisconsin. She raised me to root for the Packers and Favre. I turned to a Lions fan once I realized what was going on. I have a dark fan past, lol.
Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you and others have hinted it so ill just freaking say it: everyone finds Jmike very obnoxious and annoying and it leads to a lot of packers hate. that and espn being all over them doomed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I'm sorry, but it got pretty obnoxious around here, more so than usual (maybe pats fans?) Not saying specifically you, just a general observation.
i live in NE and i think that most of the pats fans on here are alright compared to the others pats fans you meet out places. NE has a lot of very smug and uppity people as it is, add to that the smug and uppidity-ness that comes from consistent dominance and you get quite the unbearable crowd.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you watched the GMen this entire season?

All I have to say is they are fortunate to be 9-7 and not 5-11. Just like they are fortunate the Packers played yesterday like a scrimmage.

Even GMen fans are stunned at what is going on. It is why they are so happy. This is like a Buster Douglas story.

The Packers comparatively played much better last year in the regular season then the Giants this year. A few facts:

1) Packers had a +148 for the season, second highest in the league in 2010, the 2011 GMen -6, 19th "best"
3) Packers D had 15 PPG D. GMen 25.
4) Packers O 24.3 PPG, GMen 24.6 -- a whole 4 points over an entire season

Not even close, the comparison is a FAIL.
Being originally from the Boston area not sure i can agree with a New York fan but you are pretty spot on here. When the Seahawks went in there and beat the Gints i thought they would be lucky to make the playoffs.

Having said all that they're on a roll and would probably pose a big problem for a mobility challenged Tom Brady if it comes down to that. For some reason i think that San Fran defense is going to give them fits though.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
You definitely need a new user name. Lawson is terrible!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Its like the NFL version of synchronized swimming.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Sorry dude, i created this name after we drafted Vernon Davis and Manny Lawson.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Try having my name.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Try having my name.
Touche!

Maybe the username CouchBraylon is still available lol.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
9-7 is exactly in between 5-11 and 13-3. 13-9=4 9-5=4 4=4 See?
No, I only used those numbers purely as an accident.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, I only used those numbers purely as an accident.
I just don't see why you're so much more pissed at the giants than the packers, had the refs managed to give them that game like they were trying would you be happier? Would they have somehow deserved it more despite their play just because of their regular season? The giants were a very inconsistent team that end 9-7, right about where they deserved, but at their best the gave the Packers the biggest challenge they faced up to that point the season, stopped the Pats, took the 49ers to the wire as well and managed to sweep Dallas for the division crown while ending the Jets playoff hopes along the way. This isn't some scrub team of talentless hacks that preyed on a soft schedule to sneak into the playoffs and got lucky to win, this is a talented but painfully inconsistent team that snuck into the playoffs and beat down two teams now that many thought would beat the giants.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: