Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we match up well with the 49ers. It will be a physical battle for sure.

The big difference over recent weeks is the play of our Dline and Linebackers
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So um Boley is teh sexxxxx, what a game he had.

If I had told you at the beginning of the season it would be us at San Fran in the NFCCG you'd all call me crazy!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know our cap situation for next year? Is there something like Cot's for football?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Does anyone know our cap situation for next year? Is there something like Cot's for football?
We have a ton of free agents so we might have a decent amount of room.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We have a ton of free agents so we might have a decent amount of room.
Who is a FA for us next year? I know Manningham, T2, Ross, Tolly and that's it. I know there are others, but who?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Who is a FA for us next year? I know Manningham, T2, Ross, Tolly and that's it. I know there are others, but who?
Manningham
T. Thomas
Andrews
Bernard
Blackmon
Blackburn
Clayton
Goff
Grant
Hixon
Kennedy
Martin
McKenzie
Pascoe
Ross
D. Thomas
Tollefson
Tryon
Ugoh
Weatherford

Ballard is a RFA also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Manningham
T. Thomas
Andrews
Bernard
Blackmon
Blackburn
Clayton
Goff
Grant
Hixon
Kennedy
Martin
McKenzie
Pascoe
Ross
D. Thomas
Tollefson
Tryon
Ugoh
Weatherford

Ballard is a RFA also.
Those are the guys I definitely want back. Grant and Ross depend on their price tags. I'd like McKenzie back but realistically they won't resign him, he'll retire and he's really not that good anymore anyway. Plus it would be a bad contract, and I hate giving out bad contracts.

With Luke Keuchly pretty much out of sight at this point, I want us to go after Curtis Lofton in FA.

Then we can draft Konz at 29 (our current draft position barring a SB appearance). I want Baas either moved to G or benched or cut. He's been awful. That was a bad FA signing.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game in SF is going to be tough. I think it's a 50/50 thing that we go in there and win.

I know it's cliche to say, but this game is going to be determined by turnovers and redzone offense.

Whoever scores touchdowns and doesn't turn it over wins.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Initially, I was opposed to bringing Mario back bc I thought he'd demand more money than he's worth.

But then I starting thinking about it, and I realized that with our system on offense, chemistry is so important that you want to keep this 3 man core around as long as possible. This isn't a system that a rookie can step into and dominate right away. It takes years to master. Hell, none of our WRs are entirely great in it yet, the only WR we had that understood the system to a T was Smith.

So bringing Mario back and having that 3 man core of him, Cruz, and Nicks develop together with Manning is a smart move. And all 3 can take it to the house, that vertical ability of our WR core is pretty valuable.

We need to upgrade our oline and RB though. We need a pass catching RB and a new Jacobs type of bruising RB as our change up.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think Smith could be cheaper than bringing back Mario. Just something to consider to free up room elsewhere. I'd also like a veteran CB on this team if Ross leaves.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Smith would be my plan B in case Mario demands too much. But that's a wildcard too bc you don't know how healthy Smith is and if he'll ever be healthy again.

Plus, while I love Smith, and Lord knows I love Smith, Cruz has gotten so good in the slot that I rather keep Cruz in the slot and have another vertical guy on the outside in our 3 WR sets.

If we bring Smith back, he'll be slot and Cruz will be on the outside. Cruz started the season out better on the outside than in the slot, but he's developed so much over the year that he's definitely a more dangerous slot guy now.

I think we have to give Prince a shot as our 3rd CB next year if we can't afford to keep Ross. Fwiw, Prince has looked great the past 2 weeks when we asked him to play press man. He can't play zone for ****, but he looked damn good in press man out there.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about Prince as our nickel. But I still want a veteran 4 option. I would like to actually see Rolle play safety eventually. And one injury and he'll be right back there unless we have a veteran option. That RW McQuarters type. A guy who has been around the league and knows he isn't signing to start. Depth and special teams, but experience if he needs to be called on.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I can definitely see a team like Jax, Cleveland, or the Rams overpaying for Mario.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really liked Bruce Johnson a lot. I wonder if we can kick the dust off him and see if his knee is ok enough to be our 4th guy.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really liked Bruce Johnson a lot. I wonder if we can kick the dust off him and see if his knee is ok enough to be our 4th guy.
Forgot about him. Great point. It's been so long since I've seen him play, but he did impress.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tryon is someone I'd like to bring back also. I have a good feeling about him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not sure I want Steve freaking Smith as Plan B. Get me a WR who can be explosive and score. The fact we have 3 WR right now that can makes us dangerous. I don't want a gimp who barely has any YAC yards. Sign another WR, if MM leaves, and if bringing Smith for cheap is an option than fine. Let him try to find a spot on the team then.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We need a 2nd TE too. We can't go into the season with just Ballard at TE. An injury there cripples us at that position.

Could use a 4th DT as well. We probably have to draft a RT this year also.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am not sure I want Steve freaking Smith as Plan B. Get me a WR who can be explosive and score. The fact we have 3 WR right now that can makes us dangerous. I don't want a gimp who barely has any YAC yards. Sign another WR, if MM leaves, and if bringing Smith for cheap is an option than fine. Let him try to find a spot on the team then.
Stop insulting my Stevey.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
We need a 2nd TE too. We can't go into the season with just Ballard at TE. An injury there cripples us at that position.

Could use a 4th DT as well. We probably have to draft a RT this year also.
I'm not concerned with a 4 DT. We have Austin. We rush 3 or 4 DEs on 3rd and long. 4 DT is way down the list for me.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

For a team that's in the NFC Championship we're sure going to have a lot of turnover going into next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm not concerned with a 4 DT. We have Austin. We rush 3 or 4 DEs on 3rd and long. 4 DT is way down the list for me.
I don't see us re-signing Bernard. Which means we'd only have 3 DTs worth a damn on defense: Canty, Joseph, and Austin. And to be fair, I'm not the biggest Austin fan. So we really only have 2 dependable DTs on the roster as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't mind drafting a 4th guy to push the other 3 for playing time. Depth can't hurt. I'm not saying draft 1 in the first 3 rounds, but a guy in the 4th would be nice.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't see us re-signing Bernard. Which means we'd only have 3 DTs worth a damn on defense: Canty, Joseph, and Austin. And to be fair, I'm not the biggest Austin fan. So we really only have 2 dependable DTs on the roster as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't mind drafting a 4th guy to push the other 3 for playing time. Depth can't hurt. I'm not saying draft 1 in the first 3 rounds, but a guy in the 4th would be nice.
I guess. I'd rather take TE, RB, 2 OL, or even 2 LB before we even touched DT. Obviously we will go BPA, but those are all greater need in my opinion.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
For a team that's in the NFC Championship we're sure going to have a lot of turnover going into next year.
There's a ton of turnover every year though. Compare our starting roster at the end of the 2010 season to our roster right now. We had a ton of turnover this year compared to last year.

And next year will be no different. And the year after that and the year after that etc. It's why drafting well is so important to having a consistently great team.

Thank God for Jerry Reese.