Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wildcard Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #4 Giants
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#5 Steelers at #4 Broncos
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #2 49ers
#6 Lions at #1 Packers
#5 Steelers at #1 Patriots
#3 Texans at #2 Ravens

Conference Championship Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #1 Packers
#2 Ravens at #1 Patriots

Super Bowl:

Packers vs. Ravens
Old 01-05-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wildcard Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #4 Giants
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional Weekend:

#4 Giants at #1 Packers
#3 Saints at #2 49ers
#6 Bengals at #1 Patriots
#5 Steelers at #2 Ravens

#2 49ers at #1 Packers

Super Bowl:

Packers vs. Patriots
Old 01-05-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for the record... according to FootballOutsiders.com, the playoff teams are ranked by their DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average) thusly:

1. Green Bay (28.3%)
2. Pittsburgh (23.7%)
3. New Orleans (23.3%)
4. New England (22.5%)
5. Houston (19.4%)
6. San Francisco (19.0%)
7. Baltimore (17.2%)
8. Atlanta (15.5%)
9. Detroit (11.6%)
10. New York (9.0%)
11. Cincinnati (0.5%)
12. Denver (-11.0%)

DVOA is a valuation method that measures defense, offensive, and special teams efficiency and adjusts these measures based on strength of the opponent. It's usually a pretty accurate way to determine the efficiency of an NFL team.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wildcard Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #4 Giants
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional Weekend:

#4 Giants at #1 Packers
#3 Saints at #2 49ers
#3 Texans at #2 Ravens

#3 Saints at #1 Packers
#2 Ravens at #1 Patriots

Super Bowl:

Ravens vs. Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wildcard Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #4 Giants
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #1 Packers
#3 Saints at #2 49ers
#4 Broncos at #1 Patriots
#3 Texans at #2 Ravens

#3 Saints at #1 Packers
#2 Ravens at #1 Patriots

Super Bowl:

Ravens vs. Packers

Surprisingly confident in these predictions

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Just for the record... according to FootballOutsiders.com, the playoff teams are ranked by their DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average) thusly:

1. Green Bay (28.3%)
2. Pittsburgh (23.7%)
3. New Orleans (23.3%)
4. New England (22.5%)
5. Houston (19.4%)
6. San Francisco (19.0%)
7. Baltimore (17.2%)
8. Atlanta (15.5%)
9. Detroit (11.6%)
10. New York (9.0%)
11. Cincinnati (0.5%)
12. Denver (-11.0%)

DVOA is a valuation method that measures defense, offensive, and special teams efficiency and adjusts these measures based on strength of the opponent. It's usually a pretty accurate way to determine the efficiency of an NFL team.
I like it..... how does it account for the Steelers brutal injuries though to Mendenhall, and that gimpy Big Ben?

Also, anyone who wants to enter a pool like this, just like the NCAA Hoops bracketology, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you an entry form..... if you have PayPal ........
Not sure why these pools aren't as popular as NCAA hoops.
Each lasts about a month, but the NFL is more popular then college basketball per the ratings, etc.

Picks due by midnight Friday, and I send a checklist before all the games start Saturday so all can follow along at home as it goes.... chance to put one's $ where their mouth is, and cash-in if they're swami-like.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somewhat bad omen for my fellow Cheeseheads...

The last NFL MVP who won a Super Bowl that season was..... ?

(It wasn't Brady or Manning, that's my clues)
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Somewhat bad omen for my fellow Cheeseheads...

The last NFL MVP who won a Super Bowl that season was..... ?

(It wasn't Brady or Manning, that's my clues)
Kurt Warner, that was easy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WildCard
#5 Falcons at #4 Giants
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional
Saints at 49ers
Falcons at Packers
Steelers at Ravens
Bengals at Patriots

Conference
Ravens at Patriots
Saints at Green Bay

Super Bowl XLVI
Saints vs Ravens

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pulling for the Falcons because of the best TE to ever play the game. Other than that I don't care.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
Wildcard Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #4 Giants
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional Weekend:

#4 Giants at #1 Packers
#3 Saints at #2 49ers
#4 Broncos at #2 Ravens

#4 Giants at #3 Saints
#2 Ravens at #1 Patriots

Super Bowl:

Saints vs. Ravens
Aside from your Brocos prediction, this is exactly how I see it happening.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wildcard Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #4 Giants
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional Weekend:

#6 Lions at #1 Packers
#5 Falcons at #2 49ers
#5 Steelers at #2 Ravens

#5 Falcons at #1 Packers
#2 Ravens at #1 Patriots

Super Bowl:

Falcons vs Ravens

Okay this is pretty wishful for the most part, but it'd be one of my favorite scenarios. Although I'd love to see the Falcons vs Bengals. But Ryan vs Flacco for the big one to win it all, that'd be so awesome. Plus it'd be awesome to see the Falcons pay Rodgers back!
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
JBCX at SWDC

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got the NFC matchups right in the WC, got the 2 AFC ones wrong. But I am sticking with my original predictions....

Saints, Patriots, Ravens, Packers

Patriots, Packers

Team I hate most (Patriots) over Team I hate mostest (Packers)
Old 01-17-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bumping this for shits

If Ravens win i got all of the AFC right, NFC not so much

Sig by Me

Last edited by JETS5128 : 01-17-2012 at 10:25 PM.
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was right for the NFC in the wild card and wrong in the AFC. In the Divisional it was I had the Pats and Ravens, but had the Saints and Pack.

I am sticking with the Patriots as my favorite to win the Super Bowl even tho the best team they beat this year so far was 9-9. That scares me. But I am sticking with them and picking the Giants for the NFC.

PATRIOTS 24, ravens 17
GIANTS 28, 49ers 24

Two good, close games IMHO.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Wildcard Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #4 Giants
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional Weekend:

#4 Giants at #1 Packers
#3 Saints at #2 49ers
#3 Texans at #2 Ravens

#3 Saints at #1 Packers
#2 Ravens at #1 Patriots

Super Bowl:

Saints vs. Patriots

This is why I don't bet. I suck
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
#5 Falcons at #4 Giants WRONG
#6 Lions at #3 Saints
#5 Steelers at #4 Broncos WRONG
#6 Bengals at #3 Texans

Divisional Weekend:

#5 Falcons at #1 Packers BUSTED
#3 Saints at #2 49ers WRONG
#5 Steelers at #1 Patriots BUSTED
#3 Texans at #2 Ravens