Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-20-2012, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 1/20/12 - Mock Draft 4.0

The fourth mock draft of the year has been posted, the first since the underclassmen deadline!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 01-22-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:52 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very solid 1st round Scott, who do you see Tannehill going to once April comes around? Also when will a 2nd round be added?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Very solid 1st round Scott, who do you see Tannehill going to once April comes around? Also when will a 2nd round be added?
For a moment I actually thought about pulling a Ponder and putting Tannehill to the Redskins at #6 overall, but then I snapped out of it and came to my senses. I still think Tannehill is a first round talent and should come off the board no later than early round two though.

I will be adding a second round to the next mock in mid-February.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:04 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to see us reach on need, last time we did in the 1st we passed up AD for Levi Brown. Dre Kirkpatrick would be my personal choice
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Hate to see us reach on need, last time we did in the 1st we passed up AD for Levi Brown. Dre Kirkpatrick would be my personal choice
I don't think Jonathan Martin would be a reach at #13. In fact, he may not last that long!

Besides, the Cardinals and Kolb have absolutely no chance unless they upgrade that o-line.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer to grab Konz instead of Cox. Jenkins is a good pick for us, and great value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few issues.

I like Still in general, but I think 8 may be a bit high for him. Granted I think Brockers might overtake him, or teams will just pass on DT's in general, but at this time, it is alright.

I have the same issue with Barron to the Jets with when he is mocked to the Pats. If Leohart is okayed health wise by the Jets, I think him and Barron are too similar. If they went safety, I see someone who is less tied to the SS role rather than an all around guy or pure FS.

DeCastro to the Bengals is a great match, but I don't see him falling that far as everyone seems to like him.

Don't like Mercilus to the Titans, as it seems they have thrown enough talent at DE.

Other than DeCastro, I think the Zeittler is the best pick here. He may be overvalued in the middle of the first, but he is the kind of guy that Pitt needs to solidify the middle of that line.

Fletcher Cox is a nice guy to add as a piece to the DL, but I have heard some issues with him as a 5 tech. As much as it pains me, I could see us jumping on Konz if he is available. In addition, Perry looks like he could make a good fit too and he goes the next pick.

Burfict seems like a great candidate to take over for Lewis in the near future as he learns from one of the best in the twilight of his career.

And to end it, I hate the Jenkins pick. Yes he has a ton of talent. Yes the Pats have shown the propensity to roll the dice on 'questionable' guys. However, the kind of 'questionable' guys don't reach the level of Jenkins. Dillon was a malcontent, but it turned out he was a perfect soldier when he got out of the cesspool known as Cinncinati. Haynesworth didn't work, but didn't cause any damage for little cost. Ocho doesn't seem to have worked, but he hasn't really cost us anything more than a low draft pick and a roster spot. Moss was able to be contained, once it went sour, we got a king's ransom for how well he played after.

I just don't think Jenkins is worth the trouble for us unless some magic happens in the interview/background check. Not getting a rush guy, I would like a guy like Curry there.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 AM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Claiborne pick to the Vikes in that situation. Holding out hope that someone trades up to #2 for RG3, because I want Kalil, but Claiborne is a nice consolation...

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:41 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More Patriot feedback: What is the drop off from Konz to Ben Jones? I think the Patriots end up with one of those two as that completes rebuilding our O line, but if Konz is on the board he's almost the perfect BB pick, who wants starters, not potential with his first pick.

Unless there's great value with the other first rounder, yeah it gets traded.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I reallllly hope the Bucs don't draft Richardson with the 5th pick. I would rather any of the other top talents to be honest.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Janoris Jenkins seems unlikely considering the strength of Belichick's relationship with both Urban Meyer and Will Muschamp. Fletcher Cox is a one-gap player who can't anchor vs. double teams so he doesn't really fit into the defense either. Passing on Peter Konz for Cox would be unforgivable and New England has been interested in the Pouncey brothers and Eric Wood in recent drafts.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think Rodger Saffold is suited to play right tackle.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Konz pick but I'm not entirely sure how we would reshuffle the line. We'd still have Baas on the line for some money so maybe we'd let Konz sit for a year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I like the Konz pick but I'm not entirely sure how we would reshuffle the line. We'd still have Baas on the line for some money so maybe we'd let Konz sit for a year.
I've said it before, but Konz if need be, can play guard. He has done it in college and has the size/athleticism to play any of those interior positions.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the DeCastro pick.
I am not a fan of the Wilson pick. Doesnt he have ball security issues?
Not a fan of a first round WR, but I would take Wright first.
Or Lamar Miller.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see to Cowboys grab Kirkpatrick
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Baalke better be working the phones looking to move up if Floyd is kicking around in the early 20's.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooshey View Post
I've said it before, but Konz if need be, can play guard. He has done it in college and has the size/athleticism to play any of those interior positions.
I feel like we're set at guard also with Snee and Petrus.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be really happy with Blackmon at 6 if we weren't able to make a move up for RG3.

Seems like Upshaw has been shooting up boards recently.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Taze pick to the Ravens. After the bowl season this has seemed like all but a lock to be another classic Ozzie pick as you say

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooshey View Post
he can do it - but teams won't draft him in the first round to play guard.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've just come to realization that Scott does not like Lamar Miller at all.

Originally Posted by keylime_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on your rankings it looks like Barron would be your BPA at a major position of need for the Jets at the time, would you agree? If so, I think it's a good pick. Also, do you think Barron could play either safety spot? From what I've seen he's probably better at SS but could play some FS as well.

One thing to toss out there, Leonhard is a FA this offseason and after another season ending injury it's far from certain he'll be back next year. So the Jets might (and probably will) need to bring in two new starting safeties this offseason.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would much much rather have konz, taze or glenn over zeitler at 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
would much much rather have konz, taze or glenn over zeitler at 24
Glenn over Zeitler? I dunno I tend to lean towards Z as far as gaurds go, only #2 to DeCastro

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote