Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati

This kid has 64 total tackles, 9.5 sacks, and 19.5 TFLs from the DT position this year. At 6'5 and 310 he seems like a Devon Still type with better numbers against worse competition. Here's the 2011 Bearcats schedule:

Austin Peay - Won 72-10
@Tennessee - Lost 23-45
Akron - Won 59-14
N. Carolina St. - Won 44-14
@Miami (Ohio) - Won 27-0
Louisville - Won 25-16
@South Florida - Won 37-34
@Pittsburgh - Won 26-23
West Virginia - Lost 21-24
@Rutgers - Lost 3-20
@Syracuse - Won 30-13
Connecticut - Won 35-27

I confess I have not intentionally watched the Bearcats so I have not seen him play. Those of you that have watched him, did his numbers come against the bad teams? Is this guy a sleeper or just a big fish in a tiny pond?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me neither, but hopefully this will help you a little bit. Splits the stats by game. He was playing better competition than the WAC or MAC, but he had monster games against UConn, Pitt, and Akron which had relatively terrible years. 6.5 out of 9.5 sacks were against them with goose eggs against Tennessee, West Virginia, USF, and Rutgers. The stats do say he played well against Louisville.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/player/...k/gamelog.html

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Against Tennessee and WV he did have 2 and 2.5 TFLs so he didn't totally disappear in those games. But it does appear he beat up on some bad teams. Granted, that's what a good player should do. But I think he'll need to showcase himself in a few exhibitions and other pre-draft events if he wants to break into the top 3 rounds.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Packers fan I would be thrilled to have him at the end of round 2...I like his size at 6'5" and he's athletic for a guy being over 300 lbs...obviously has a knack for getting into the backfield and accumulates many tackles for an interior guy...from research i've done he seems like a kid with a great work ethic and is a focused/goal-oriented individual

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I luckily got to see 2 of him games, which I came away impressed. He's a very good interior pass rusher but he still has room to improve his run contain defense. Being 6'5 he will be able to put on maybe another 15lbs he should get better. Solid 3rd round prospect but can rise...

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Bump. He's been making waves at the Senior Bowl. Looks pretty versatile and athletic, and has a really good motor. What round is he going in? 3rd? 4th?

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-26-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bump. He's been making waves at the Senior Bowl. Looks pretty versatile and athletic, and has a really good motor. What round is he going in? 3rd? 4th?
I'd say 4th-5th right now. Could end up being a steal with his motor and the way he uses his hands. Color me a fan.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I'd say 4th-5th right now. Could end up being a steal with his motor and the way he uses his hands. Color me a fan.
He'll be long gone by the 5th round.

FYI, here's some stuff from DW for those of us who have not really seen him in action.... I wonder if Justin Smith inspires him?

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
He'll be long gone by the 5th round.

FYI, here's some stuff from DW for those of us who have not really seen him in action.... I wonder if Justin Smith inspires him?

Justin Smith is the comparison that came to mind yesterday.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-26-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor mans JJ Watt :)
I like him a lot

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He seems to be a bit of a wild card. I think most places you look around, that's where his value is....4th/5th... but I keep seeing kiddies say he'll be a much higher pick than that. Since it only takes one team to like the guy, I think that even if the consensus is he's a later round pick, that one team might take him higher than most others would.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a one-gap pass rusher with no anchor or ability to handle double teams.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked what I saw out of him on the TV coverage. Seems to have a real good motor and a sense of urgency to go along with underrated athleticism. Looking back on him on the year, he's mostly beating people on effort, but his ability is good enough to get him to be a nice player at the next level. He seems to have some issues with leverage, but as people have already said he uses his hands well to make up for that. Color me intrigued.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I liked what I saw out of him on the TV coverage. Seems to have a real good motor and a sense of urgency to go along with underrated athleticism. Looking back on him on the year, he's mostly beating people on effort, but his ability is good enough to get him to be a nice player at the next level. He seems to have some issues with leverage, but as people have already said he uses his hands well to make up for that. Color me intrigued.
Maybe with some better coaching he'll be able to better channel that effort and be that much more effective. I'd rather have a guy that gives good effort and is a bit of a mess technique-wise than a lazy-but-talented underachiever.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-26-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going in the 2nd round. Watch.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardworker. Overachiever. Technically sound. High Motor. Versatile. Tough. Can't really ask for more in an incoming DL. Before this week he most likely was in the 4-6 round range I think he has definitely bumped his stock up into the third round conversation by his play in front of NFL scouts and coaches. His versatility is key. If he can post some "athletic" numbers at the Combine I don't see any reason why this guy would not get picked in the first 75 selections. Appeals to several, if not all, types of defensive fronts.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote