Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Chargerfn909
Rookie

Chargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington

What did you guys think? I didn't squeeze in many UofW games through the season, but yesterday this dude looked like men amongst boys. He looked VERY strong, stout at the point of attack, constantly was doubled and seemed to handle them well, made penetration on a few plays that helped Cam Johnson and Vinny Curry look like studs, and ran laterally down the LOS VERY good for a man 6'3'' 340. Looking like a true 34NT that could anchor down a D on 1st & 2nd down consistently..Thoughts?
Chargerfn909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of Terrence Cody. Never going to generate a pass rush, but a very good two-down NT. Belongs in the 2nd.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looked outstanding in the game and the occasional bits of practice that NFLN allowed us to see, but I wasn't overly impressed with his season. I think he's more than just a 2-down player. I would guess a 2nd round pick?
Old 01-29-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought his best ball was played down the stretch of the 2010 season for the Huskies. This year he never seemed to be able to string strong outings together, especially against good teams. As has been stated sometimes inside guys free up the rushers to do their job so not sure what was asked of him this past year. Solid rotational first and second down guy but i wouldnt jump for him too early. After the top 50 or so players he should get some serious attention.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a solid guy, I don't really like the Cody comparison cuz he has more energy than him IMO.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Reminds me of Terrence Cody. Never going to generate a pass rush, but a very good two-down NT. Belongs in the 2nd.
Terrence Cody wishes he had the movement skills Ta'amu has. Much quicker feet and better athleticism than Cody ever demonstrated on any level.

Liked him quite a bit in the practices, but as Babylon already mentioned, he never really played at a high level for a long stretch of time. Not sure if that's laziness or just a lack of refinement, but it's something that bears watching. Still, he'll likely be bumped up a bit(perhaps higher than he deserves) because he probably projects the best to being a NT better than the rest of the guys in the class(Poe is a DE in a 3-4 IMO). Solid second round grade, could go even higher due to supply and demand.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought Alameda displayed that great of feet. I thought he struggled in practices on the 1 on 1 drills. Alameda showed me there he isn't a pass rusher at the next level, he is a space eater.

I still don't see a difference between the two. Alameda's ability as a pass rusher and feet are extremely overrated. There is a reason his production isn't as good as people expected of him, that's because many overrated his skills. Space eaters are going to disappear at times unless they are the elite of the elite at the position (Vince Wilfork, for example). Alameda is a two-down player at the next level.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know most see him as a 34 NT prospect and he could certainly play there, but he may actually be best in a 43 where he can get up field and penetrate. He's not so much a guy who can just sit down, get extension and two-gap. He's definitely at his best when he is allowed to penetrate and can be disruptive in the backfield like we saw throughout his career and yesterday's game.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I know most see him as a 34 NT prospect and he could certainly play there, but he may actually be best in a 43 where he can get up field and penetrate. He's not so much a guy who can just sit down, get extension and two-gap. He's definitely at his best when he is allowed to penetrate and can be disruptive in the backfield like we saw throughout his career and yesterday's game.
I wouldnt hate him if he slides down to the Bengals 2nd round pick.
We need to upgrade our DT's with someone who can take on double teams and not be rendered entirely useless. *cough*PEKO*cough*

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of Ta'amu. Just doesn't seem like a good NT at all. He's a guy with a NT body that plays like a UT. He really doesn't anchor well in the slightest and gets easily pushed back on double teams. He plays tall and doesn't use his natural leverage. The upside to him is that every once in a while he'll get off the ball quick, is able to penetrate and shoot the gap and blow up a play in the backfield. I wouldn't take him before the mid/late 2nd.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Chargerfn909
Rookie

Chargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I'm not a fan of Ta'amu. Just doesn't seem like a good NT at all. He's a guy with a NT body that plays like a UT. He really doesn't anchor well in the slightest and gets easily pushed back on double teams. He plays tall and doesn't use his natural leverage. The upside to him is that every once in a while he'll get off the ball quick, is able to penetrate and shoot the gap and blow up a play in the backfield. I wouldn't take him before the mid/late 2nd.
Like I said, I didn't watch a whole lot of him at UofW, but everything I saw yesterday is the exact opposite of what you said and that was against better competition. He didn't get blown back once (that I saw), hogged up doubles, penetrated consistently and essentially man handled any man up blockers. Perhaps there is a motivation problem? He just shows up when he wants? not sure, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Chargerfn909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfn909 View Post
Like I said, I didn't watch a whole lot of him at UofW, but everything I saw yesterday is the exact opposite of what you said and that was against better competition. He didn't get blown back once (that I saw), hogged up doubles, penetrated consistently and essentially man handled any man up blockers. Perhaps there is a motivation problem? He just shows up when he wants? not sure, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Not sure why the differance in his play from the second half of 2010 to this past season, which wasnt terrible by the way. Not to pick on Nick Holt but better coaching at the next level might do him wonders.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfn909 View Post
Yah, i wouldn't be surprised to see if he had motivation problems. REALLY showed up in a BIG way for their bowl game vs. Nebraska last year, and the Sr. Bowl. But if you watch some video's from this year or last year durring the season at U Dub, he just didn't look good.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
This was exactly my thought watching yesterday. I want him as the nose for Atlanta. He'd be a nice fit for Nolan.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

350 lbs but relies more on his athleticism then his strength and size. i'm not sure if he'll be a good NT in the NFL. To play that position you need the right mentality, in which you will not be moved no matter how many guys block you. You don't need tackles, or sacks, or hits. I'm not sure this guy has that, plays a bit too flashy for a prototypical NT. I can see him being a very successful DT in a standard 4-3 or as a guy that can play the 2-gap in a team that plays in Nickel often. Uses his hands well and is very athletic for being so large. Can be very dangerous in the passing game in the right defense. I can see him being drafted for that purpose but my guess is that his NFL coach is going to ask him to lose 20 lbs or so, so he can keep that high motor during no huddle scenarios.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:49 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe has more upside.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has a real shot to be a 10 year starter at NT in a 3-4. Solid late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funguy View Post
Poe has more upside.
I think Ta'amu might be a little better than Poe. fwiw he's got 6 career sacks and Poe has 5. both are excellent NT prospects.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he destroyed his stock in the Alamo Bowl game, but I guess he impressed folks at the Senior Bowl. It's not really surprising that he would look good in practice where you don't have the same endurance needs compared to a full game. It's pretty much known amongst those who gamble on games that Washington is a team that you bet against in the 2nd half because they tire out on defense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I thought he destroyed his stock in the Alamo Bowl game, but I guess he impressed folks at the Senior Bowl. It's not really surprising that he would look good in practice where you don't have the same endurance needs compared to a full game. It's pretty much known amongst those who gamble on games that Washington is a team that you bet against in the 2nd half because they tire out on defense.
He actually didn't have great practices, he had a great game. There are conditioning issues and is far from inconsistent. Coaching will be huge.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
They tired out mostly because they didnt have the depth to rotate guys along the front line. Against Baylor they were gassed because of the hurry up offense and in the second half they were on the field too much.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He actually didn't have great practices, he had a great game. There are conditioning issues and is far from inconsistent. Coaching will be huge.
What did you hear around the Senior Bowl around his stock J-Boobie? I'm curious as to where some of the NFL guys have him valued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
What did you hear around the Senior Bowl around his stock J-Boobie? I'm curious as to where some of the NFL guys have him valued.
Top 50 value. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him sneak into the first a la James Carpenter last year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Top 50 value. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him sneak into the first a la James Carpenter last year.
He probably has no chance at the first. 2 down NTs dont have the value of OTs.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He probably has no chance at the first. 2 down NTs dont have the value of OTs.
Wouldn't say no chance with a few teams in the 20-30 range with a big NT need. Teams are probably higher on his motor than they were Terrence Cody, but a guy as athletic as him has some upside. If the combine numbers are there, it will be interesting.

Follow Me on Twitter!