Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Klint Beastw00d
Rookie

Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Klint Beastw00d is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener are easily the two best and then I think there is a big dropoff.
Klint Beastw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen then Fleener not far behind then a substantial drop. also people comparing Fleener to gronk are out of your mind. He may look it in the pac12 but he will not be the matchup nightmare that Gronk is in the NFL. Also no where near as productive after the catch.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fleener is not Jimmy Graham. Give me a break.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint Beastw00d View Post
Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener are easily the two best and then I think there is a big dropoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Allen then Fleener not far behind then a substantial drop. also people comparing Fleener to gronk are out of your mind. He may look it in the pac12 but he will not be the matchup nightmare that Gronk is in the NFL. Also no where near as productive after the catch.

I suppose you guys aren't Aaron Hernandez fans? Because Hernandez is a very good match for Charles.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wonder what fleener's production would have been with a different QB.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My question would be: Where'd the love go for Egnew? Mackey, Walter Camp, and CFPA Pre-Season TE Watch List to start the season. Was the consensus #1 TE midway through the season. Sure, he didn't have as great a year as he did last year, but he's a long-strider with excellent hands, can get open, and has adequate blocking ability.

I really can't see how Charles or Allen are clear cut candidates ahead of Egnew. Even on potential...I think Egnew is still the #2 TE, behind Fleener.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
My question would be: Where'd the love go for Egnew? Mackey, Walter Camp, and CFPA Pre-Season TE Watch List to start the season. Was the consensus #1 TE midway through the season. Sure, he didn't have as great a year as he did last year, but he's a long-strider with excellent hands, can get open, and has adequate blocking ability.

I really can't see how Charles or Allen are clear cut candidates ahead of Egnew. Even on potential...I think Egnew is still the #2 TE, behind Fleener.
When was Egnew consensus #1? Maybe senior, but not underclassman. He's not overly physical, struggles in space, and won't have the workout numbers. I think Egnew is an adequate player, but far from the best TE in this class.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
When was Egnew consensus #1? Maybe senior, but not underclassman. He's not overly physical, struggles in space, and won't have the workout numbers. I think Egnew is an adequate player, but far from the best TE in this class.
Fair enough, Shane. I suppose if you look at a lot of the more successful TE's coming out in the past (Davis, Gronk, Hernandez, Graham, Finley), you start to see teams drafting prospects with insane ceilings/potential.

But on Egnew, I disagree about him having subpar combine numbers. I see him putting up numbers comparable to Dennis Pitta in 2010. I also don't see how he struggles in space. You're right in that he needs to work on his physicality, but I don't think its something a workout regime and a professional diet couldn't cure.

He's pro-ready in the aspect that he can split out wide if need be and has excellent change of direction for the position. Great hands, great in traffic and is tough after the catch.

My only concerns with him, is he'll need a LOT of work in his route running at the pro level.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

Brad smelley can do it all.i hope he goes to the redskins.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crazyredskinsfan View Post
Brad smelley can do it all.i hope he goes to the redskins.
I agree. He's an intriguing athlete and player. Are you hoping he goes to the Redskins in the 6th-UDFA, or are you assuming he'll be a mid-rounder by draft weekend?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big fan of this year's class but I think Ladarius Green could surprise if he finds himself in the right spot.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
1. Fleener
2. Charles
3. Allen
4. Green
5. Egnew

My only change heading into this weekend is that I've now moved Orson slightly ahead of Fleener.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best tight end in this class is the one that's the best fit for the responsibilities you're going to ask them to take on. Dwayne Allen is the most versatile chess piece and easily the best blocker of the top three, while Coby Fleener has the height to create mismatches against defensive backs. Orson Charles is by far the most explosive of the three players and more of an oversized receiver. Personally, I'd go with either Allen or Charles depending on the offensive scheme, etc.