Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Big Ten Thread

Might as well get this started!

Please someone else other than keylime and treat post in this thing. For as many midwesterners as there are on this board, so few of them seem to care about college football.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll start by posting my final recruiting rankings (top recruit in parentheses):

1) Ohio State (Noah Spence-DE)
2) Michigan (Kyle Kalis-OL)
3) Iowa (Faith Ekakitie-DE)
4) Michigan State (Monty Madaris-WR)
5) Nebraska (Michael Rose-LB)
6) Penn State (Eugene Lewis- WR)
7) Wisconsin (Vince Biegel- LB)
8) Minnesota (Andre McDonald-WR)
9) Indiana (Kevin Davis- WR)
10) Northwestern (Ideafi Odenigbo-DE)
11) Purdue (Ryan Watson- DE)
12) Illinois (Tajarvis Fuller-DB)

Jordan Diamond could shake things up a bit.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-01-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'll start by posting my final recruiting rankings (top recruit in parentheses):

2) Michigan (Terry Richardson-CB)

What happened to Dinero Moss? I see he hasn't signed LOI, I figured he'd be #1 on name alone ;)
Old 02-01-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Didn't have the grades. Happens a lot when you recruit the Miami area.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't have the grades. Happens a lot when you recruit the Miami area.
So you're saying the Miami public school system isn't up to par...?

Year of the Bull is a great, great documentary that touches more on the culture/academics down there.. highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Anyways, pretty pumped about the class Kill brought in... hopefully he can develop them.. particularly the defensive backfield.. don't know if I can stand to watch the Kyle Henderson's (who I went to middle school with, btw) of the world playing CB any more.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Alex Kozan end up signing with Iowa? Rumors have been flying around that he is back on the market and Hoke is making a one more run at him.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Did Alex Kozan end up signing with Iowa? Rumors have been flying around that he is back on the market and Hoke is making a one more run at him.
Not that I'm aware of. I've read he is rethinking, so Iowa filled his spot with someone else. I've read he's still planning on Iowa but wants to make sure. I've read Michigan is full/waiting for Diamond, so now he's leaning toward Auburn.

No idea what to think, but he skipped his school's signing ceremony so who knows...

So for Iowa, I think we go 6-6 this year, optimistically 8-4. We will have a pretty new OL and prob a true soph or frosh at RB so it'll be interesting if we revert back to our 2004 no RB offense. Defense will have a really new, but talented DL. LB should be a serious strength, but secondary will be young but talented like the DL. Will be interesting to see who our new DC is.

I think standings will be something like:

Legends
Nebraska
Michigan
MSU
Iowa
Minnesota
jNW

Leaders
OSU (yea, I said it)
Wisconsin
Purdue
Illinois
Penn St
Indiana

Some kinda bold predictions with absolutely no basis other than it's February 1. I reserve all rights to change my mind 50 times before the start of the season.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...r-scholarships

Yes, we're the Big Ten and we are academically and morally superior to you.

No but seriously I'm actually really happy about this. Anyone think schools will be able to use this while recruiting? Guaranteed 4 years vs. risking being replaced 2 years in and having to pay your own way at Alabama during your senior year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

2) Michigan (Kyle Kalis-OL)

I think Aaron Burbridge is easily Michigan State's top recruit, but I pretty much agree with those team rankings.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Not that I'm aware of. I've read he is rethinking, so Iowa filled his spot with someone else. I've read he's still planning on Iowa but wants to make sure. I've read Michigan is full/waiting for Diamond, so now he's leaning toward Auburn.
Michigan had some guys transfer out during the season so wouldn't that free up some scholarships? Or is that not how it works?
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I think Minnesota will finish with 5, maybe 6 wins. Making a bowl would be a really good thing for this team after missing out the last two years.

-Our OOC schedule replaces USC with Syracuse, so that's nice, along with replacing FCS champ North Dakota State with the type of FCS team you're supposed to schedule (the one you know you can beat). We're also in year 2 of a multi-year rebuilding job.

-On the downside, the team is weak on seniors and juniors, due to so many decommitments and kids failing out when Brewster was fired.

-On the upside, one of those seniors if Marqueis Gray, who will once again make Iowa his personal ******.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-02-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Michigan had some guys transfer out during the season so wouldn't that free up some scholarships? Or is that not how it works?
That's how it works, you're correct.

As I understand it, the Big Ten has said you can only sign 3 player over what you currently have available, and the max you can sign is either 27 or 28. With that, transfers open up your spots, gray shirts don't count until next year's class, and JUCO recruits count towards whatever class they would be (so a JUCO soph. signed in 2012 counts against the 2010 class, not the 25 you get for 2012).

All these conditions is what make it confusing because you have to look at who left, and then if the school awarded any scholarships to walk ons, or if any current commits will be grayshirts. I'm guessing Iowa and Auburn all would have room for Kozan, or in the case of Michigan Kozan or Diamond.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-02-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really.....really, really ******* hate michigan. that is all.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see the new staff in action with a full year of recruiting and in scheme.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
sunnyintheD
Rookie

sunnyintheD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I think Aaron Burbridge is easily Michigan State's top recruit, but I pretty much agree with those team rankings.
Gotta say Arnett would be the big get especially if he gets the waiver.
sunnyintheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
mriforgot
Rookie

mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyintheD View Post
Gotta say Arnett would be the big get especially if he gets the waiver.
If Arnett gets a waiver, I think he's going to be in a starting slot come the beginning of the season. As it stands, MSU's wide receiver corps is very raw, with little playing experience outside of Bennie Fowler.
mriforgot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't realize there were this many Minnesota fans on here. Does anyone else go here?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy with Penn State's recruiting class overall all things considered. Pretty excited to see how things go with the new staff. I'm also interested in seeing what our QB depth chart looks like next year. McGloin is the clear-cut favorite to be the starter but with a coach that actually knows QBs in BOB, I wonder if things will change. Paul Jones and Rob Bolden are both still more physically talented than McGloin. Perhaps Bolden will once again seek a transfer now that Paterno won't be there to block him? I wouldn't be opposed to it at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blog.pennlive.com/pasports/20...recruitin.html

Meyer already thoroughly pissing off the rest of the Big Ten. Apparently you can take Urban Meyer out of the SEC but you can't take the SEC out of Urban Meyer. Should be interesting...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

Meyer already thoroughly pissing off the rest of the Big Ten. Apparently you can take Urban Meyer out of the SEC but you can't take the SEC out of Urban Meyer. Should be interesting...
A bunch of lazy, hypocritical pussies are whining about him.

BTW, this is what Meyer said today at an Ohio HS coaches clinic.

Quote:
"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got 9 guys who better go do it again," he said motioning to his assistants in the front of the room.

"Do it a little harder next time."
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

This whole gentlemen's agreement was broken awhile ago by the team from up north with Rich Rod.

Either way, times are changing and nothing about it is illegal per NCAA rules.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
This whole gentlemen's agreement was broken awhile ago by the team from up north with Rich Rod.

Either way, times are changing and nothing about it is illegal per NCAA rules.
I mean, Dantonio, one of the biggest bitches in this, flipped Pittman from OSU.

Hell, here is a great article on Bielema's and Dantonio's hypocrisy.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There must be something more to it. Bielema even said that there were things he wasn't able to talk about yet.

Either way, the idea of a gentleman's agreement is silly; Meyer is totally right on that. And Bielema is a douche, but we already knew that.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Didn't realize there were this many Minnesota fans on here. Does anyone else go here?
I don't go to Minnesota anymore, but I'm pretty sure djp does, as does Prince (the poster, not the singer).

Old 02-03-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There must be something more to it. Bielema even said that there were things he wasn't able to talk about yet.

Either way, the idea of a gentleman's agreement is silly; Meyer is totally right on that. And Bielema is a douche, but we already knew that.
During the quiet period, Meyer couldn't contact Kyle Dodson directly, so he got his brother to be the middle man.

Bielema is bitching just to *****. Dodson was never gonna go to Wisconsin once he started taking visits. If Urban Meyer and Ohio State didn't get him then Lane Kiffen and USC were going to. He's just butthurt that Meyer recruited one of his players.