Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Defensive coaching just makes me sad. There was once a time when we had Gregg Williams, Dick LeBeau, and even Jerry Gray all on the same staff. They coached a defense consisting of Sam Adams, Pat Williams, Aaron Schobel, Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements, and Lawyer Milloy.

These days, I get George Edwards playing Spencer Johnson at OLB.
Oh I feel you here. There was once a time when the Raiders played the following players--none below 280 lbs by the way--at LB.

Grant Irons
Tyler Brayton
Akbar Gbaja-Biamila
Delawrence Grant

Wow, 2004 was a stupid year for the Raiders' defense.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Wow, 2003-current were stupid years for the Raiders.
Sorry, you left yourself open for that one.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Clements is the new OC for the Packers.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I feel you here. There was once a time when the Raiders played the following players--none below 280 lbs by the way--at LB.

Grant Irons
Tyler Brayton
Akbar Gbaja-Biamila
Delawrence Grant

I remember when the Chiefs started Ryan Sims at DT....that trumps all :D
Old 02-02-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Sorry, you left yourself open for that one.
I contemplated saying that myself.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Tyler Brayton. Most notable career accomplishment is kneeing Jerramy Stevens in the nuts.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is going to be an exodus of Rutgers assistants following Schiano to the Bucs. I feel sorry for you guys having a whole coaching staff full of college guys with no NFL experience. They are some good up and coming coaches but their main thing was recruiting and now that's out the window. I don't really get what Schiano is doing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
There is going to be an exodus of Rutgers assistants following Schiano to the Bucs. I feel sorry for you guys having a whole coaching staff full of college guys with no NFL experience. They are some good up and coming coaches but their main thing was recruiting and now that's out the window. I don't really get what Schiano is doing.
He probably tried to hire some former assistants with NFL experience like the guy in Arizona, but kept being denied. This is probably like plan C or D.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He probably tried to hire some former assistants with NFL experience like the guy in Arizona, but kept being denied. This is probably like plan C or D.
I still find it hard to believe he can't get NFL guys. He is friends with a good amount of NFL head coaches and I'm sure he has the contacts around the leage to know who to go after. I don't know why he needs all guys that he used to work or works with now. This might turn into a huge mess in TB and I actually think Schiano can do well in the NFL. Having almost a whole college staff from a middling Big East team doesn't seem like the formula for success though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
All this D Coordinator hate reminds me of the good ol' Monte Kiffin days.
I think Monte's most impressive season was the 2007 one. We fielded the #2 D in yards and #3 in points allowed with this starting lackluster lineup:

LE: Greg Spires
NT: Chris Hovan
UT: Jovan Haye
RE: Gaines Adams

WLB: 34-years old Derrick Brooks
MLB: Barrett Ruud
SLB: Cato June

CB: Ronde Barber
CB: Phillip Buchanon
FS: Tanard Jackson
SS: Jermaine Phillips

That's some awful D-Line.

Of course, Monte also built one of the greatest defense of all-time. I miss him.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im enjoying Monte at SC. The guys are finally learning his system and they played great to end the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah he is, but for positions coach. Cignetti is being rumored as the QBs coach in Tampa. Not only that, Cignetti has had NFL experience as the QBs coach in SF and New orleans before coming to Rutgers.

Tony Wise has been interviewed for the Offensive Line coach, a guy with a great NFL Background.

Butch Davis is being interviewed for Defensive Coordinator.

Also, he has a mentor in Dick Vermeil.

http://www.620wdae.com/player/?stati...l&mid=21787391
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Im enjoying Monte at SC. The guys are finally learning his system and they played great to end the season.
Those LBs in that system....

<3
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, what the Bucs staff will probably look like, when it's announced next week, due to the known interviews:

OC: ???
QBs coach: Frank Cignetti (Former SF and NO qbs coach, current OC/QBs at Rutgers)
OL coach : Tony Wise (long time NFL OL coach)
Def. Coord/Asst. HC: Butch Davis (former CLE, MIA, UNC HC)
LBs Coach: Jerry Ovalsky (initially from Pittsburgh)
DBs: Former head coach Dave Campo interviewed. Succesful Coordinator in the league.

Other assistants: Fraser, current D-coordinator at Rutgers is believed to be coming along as an assistant to the staff as well.

Honestly, I think that's a quality staff so far.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

The OC is the most critical piece. Who fills that is going to determine a lot.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Understandable. The only known candidate has been McNulty from Arizona, who was denied.

Todd Haley, Hue Jackson are still out there. One name that was tossed around was Mark Whipple, former QBs coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, but only as a suggestion.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is very true. I'm not worried about the defense improving as I think that is Schianos strenght, the offense on the other hand is a another story. We need a guy to get Freeman back on tack ASAP.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a make or break year for Freeman? What if in a hypothetical situation, he sucks. That would mean in 4 years, he would have sucked in 3 of them.

Or does he get another year no matter what?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Is this a make or break year for Freeman? What if in a hypothetical situation, he sucks. That would mean in 4 years, he would have sucked in 3 of them.

Or does he get another year no matter what?
That situation happening worries me a lot. Discounting his rookie season, he had one amazing year and one bad year. Assuming he reverts to his sophomore form, this is a non-issue. But if he plays like 2011 Freeman again then is that who he really is? I would imagine in that circumstance he would get another opportunity, but not without heavy competition.

This hypothetical is annoying :\

Old 02-03-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

QB entering his 4th year under a new head coach...I could definitely see it as a make or break year. All head coaches like to have "their guy" at QB and Schiano has no attachment to Freeman.

Assuming Josh Johnson leaves as a free agent, I could even see them investing a mid-round pick this year at the position to have a guy on hand or maybe bring in a mid-level free agent.

Kyle Orton and Jason Campbell would be more veteran options, Chad Henne and Dennis Dixon are some younger options of interest.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you all know that your DBs will absolutely suck and not improve at all under Dave Campo.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I hope you all know that your DBs will absolutely suck and not improve at all under Dave Campo.
Or, they'll even regress horribly and get beat by everyone.

Though, for the Bucs, that already happens...
Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You are wrong Mr. Baron, because Mike Jenkins has been very good, including this year. You may be looking for a picture of Terence Newman though, who went from serviceable to absolute dog **** in one off-season.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Grant Irons
Tyler Brayton
Akbar Gbaja-Biamila
Delawrence Grant

There was once a year when the Lions defense started Amari Spievey and Chris Harris at the same time as a safety duo, with Eric Wright and Aaron Berry as the corners (due to injuries of course). What a sad time...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This doesn't scare me in the slightest. We suck so badly already that it would be an incredible achievement for someone to make our DBs even worse.