Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-03-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thing is really stupid anyways. Urban Meyer gets hired in November and wants to see if an Ohio kid who committed to another Big Ten school after the Tressel fallout is interested in signing with Ohio State now that they have a coach. Dodson and Pittman said they were interested in signing with Ohio State and eventually did. They reopened their recruitments. It's not like Meyer recruited the guys, the guys committed elsewhere, and then Meyer poached them after they said no.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
This whole gentlemen's agreement was broken awhile ago by the team from up north with Rich Rod.

Either way, times are changing and nothing about it is illegal per NCAA rules.
So it wasn't okay when RichRod did it but its ok now?

I personally don't really have any issue with it either. Any way to win but I do think there are certain things about the Big Ten that make it better even if we don't win National Championships every year. Having respect for your opponents, having higher academic standards, not over-signing by a bunch of scholarships, etc. Meyer is either going to change the Big Ten by pooping on these traditions and giving Ohio State "advantages", change his ways and not do it, or he'll be the catalyst for change across the board. We'll see what happens.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Ohio State is going to lower their academic standards. Florida didn't, why would OSU?

Meyer never oversigned at Florida. He is a relentless, cutthroat recruiter, but he isn't Saban or Spurrier.

He might break the trend of not winning national titles, but I wouldn't worry about anything else. He will make the league compete harder if anything.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

You wanna hear something funny: former Ohio State linebacker Brian Rolle said on the radio today that he was contacted frequently by Wisconsin until signing day after he verbally committed to Ohio State. Bielema hypocrite??? Yes.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

I personally don't really have any issue with it either. Any way to win but I do think there are certain things about the Big Ten that make it better even if we don't win National Championships every year. Having respect for your opponents, having higher academic standards, not over-signing by a bunch of scholarships, etc. Meyer is either going to change the Big Ten by pooping on these traditions and giving Ohio State "advantages", change his ways and not do it, or he'll be the catalyst for change across the board. We'll see what happens.
OSU's football APR is fifth, FWIW. I see no reason that it won't continue to be ranked highly under Meyer.

The myth about Meyer requiring a non-qualifier exemption is something completely made up by the idiots at the BWI board. I've never come across dumber humans than the people that populate that inbred section of the internet.

Meyer's never oversigned.

They are handing out four year LOIs.

Meyer is a used car salesman that will get a kid any way that he knows how (that is supposedly legal). I find recruiting to be disgusting anyways, so I guess taking it to uber-aggressive levels is even more offensive to me. But I'm glad he's doing it for OSU and not against them.

The gentleman's agreement thing is silly and it is a lie anyways. It's an excuse for laziness.

Meyer intends to use few red shirts. I think this will free up more scholarships so that non-contributors leave school after four years instead of holding out hope for improvement by the fifth. And a non-contributor that isn't going to get a RS will probably transfer to a place where the can play.

I think that's going to give OSU 4-5 more scholarships a year than they used to hand out under Tressel.

The B1G will suffer with Meyer as the better B1G area recruits come out of Ohio and Pennsylvania more often than not. He's going to get most of the kids he targets in Ohio and to a lesser extent PA due to the storm that has devastated PSU.

Other coaches are going to have to work harder.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be wrong about this, but I don't think teams like OSU actually can hand out 4-year scholarships until its voted upon by the conference. At this point it's a completely symbolic gesture (one could argue it would be regardless)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The great thing about Iowa is that we really aren't a great program or close to being elite, so whether OSU has Meyer recruiting for them or a shoe box, it won't really affect us much.

We'll just steal recruits from Toledo and Central Michigan, thank you.

The whole "gentleman's agreement" is nice to talk about, but every coach talks to every recruit they want until they sign, let's not kid ourselves.

Also, I want that goddamn pig back BF.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1327414

Quote:
Ken O'Keefe, offensive coordinator at the University of Iowa for the past 13 seasons, has resigned from the Hawkeye coaching staff to accept another coaching opportunity.
So, we now have no OC and no DC. Interesting that KOK announced right after signing day. Hopefully players were either informed or are ok with it. But for the first time in 13 years, Iowa will have new coordinators under Ferentz.

KOK wasn't the greatest OC and got a lot of hate when Iowa stalled or had some questionable play calls, but still, continuity in college football goes a long way. Some rumors are that Brian Ferentz might be joining the staff in some sort of offensive coaching capacity.

Still, no idea who could possibly be coming in at OC or DC.

Also, just read that Ferentz's youngest son, who is a senior in HS right now, will either walk on at Iowa or possibly play at some small school. Ferentz was always believed to be staying at Iowa at least until all his kids were through school there. James is a senior at Iowa this year, his youngest son may not attend/play at Iowa, and his long time OC and DC have left. I'm starting to worry 2012 might be Kirk's final season...

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 02-03-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
No my comments were merely meant to point out that this isn't some groundbreaking thing in the big 10.

Kids born in Ohio probably "verbally commit" to Ohio State at the age of 10, does that mean no one should recruit them because they made a non-legally binding statement at some point in their life?

I agree that there are some things which are nice about the big ten, like not over recruiting etc. but this one really doesn't bother me.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Get Your Facts Straight And Learn How To Read!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I mean, Dantonio, one of the biggest bitches in this, flipped Pittman from OSU.

Hell, here is a great article on Bielema's and Dantonio's hypocrisy.
Pittman was an OSU lean so that makes him committed? PLEASE!!! Urban Liar got Pittman to flip...Good for him. But now he brought in the SEC to Big Ten and soon he'll realize he made a BIG MISTAKE!!! Good luck getting him to stay more than 3 years.
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan4224 View Post
Pittman was an OSU lean so that makes him committed? PLEASE!!! Urban Liar got Pittman to flip...Good for him. But now he brought in the SEC to Big Ten and soon he'll realize he made a BIG MISTAKE!!! Good luck getting him to stay more than 3 years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, you are cracking me up. If you had read the article I linked above, you'd know that Dantonio is a hypocrite that is FOS. And I say that as a Dantonio fan. He's being a baby because it happened to him.

Read this very carefully and you will see that Dantonio has pulled this crap and worse himself over the years, including this freaking year. He just couldn't get the kids to flip to his team so now he is all sour grapes. WAHHHH!

Link to full article.
Quote:
Mark Dantonio thinks recruiting a committed player is unethical. Then why did he have Wisconsin commit Kyle Dodson in for an official visit in January? Why did he and his staff continue to call Buckeye commit Tyvis Powell?

Why was a Spartan assistant coach at Cincinnati Taft trying to get an in-home visit with Adolphus Washington over a month after he had committed to Ohio State?

Is it selective ethics? Do as I say, not as I do?

Or maybe Dantonio is just getting forgetful these days.

After all, when he took the Michigan State job in 2007, he got a commitment from a linebacker who had been committed to Minnesota. That linebacker? Just some nobody named Greg Jones.

But it was understandable. Even though Minnesota was by far Jones' favorite, once Glen Mason got fired, he found himself without the coach that he had committed to. Enter Dantonio.

Was it unethical? Or was it merely just a change of situation for everybody involved?

Jones isn't alone in players that Dantonio has flipped, but I'm not going to go through all of them here.

What I would rather talk about is the polar shift in how Dantonio feels about the rules and boundaries given to new head coaches.

When he left Ohio State to take the head coaching job at Cincinnati in 2004, he revoked every scholarship offer to the Bearcats' verbal commits that he inherited. So of all people, he should understand new staffs and how they have to recruit.

He cut his entire recruiting class loose and he started brand new. Why?

In a online chat for the Cincinnati Enquirer shortly after his hiring he explained his decision.

"Revoking a scholarship is an immature way of talking about it. We simply restarted the recruiting process which was the best interest for everyone involved. These relationships need to be based on trust and honesty and that needs to be developed over time. We continued to reevaluate the recruits and we continue to evaluate them and make decisions that are the best for everyone involved."

So let me get this straight. As a new coach in 2004, he thought it was "in the best interest for everyone involved" to restart the recruiting process.

But yet in 2012, when newly-hired Urban Meyer and his staff restart their own recruiting process, it is now deemed unethical.

Seriously?

I'm forced to type his quote about Meyer once again.

"They've got a new coach, and it's different. I would say it's pretty unethical, in the end."
Old 02-09-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when Jones switched over from the Gophers to the Spartans... not sure he could've made as big of a difference here though. After Mason our program fell off the map... In this situation I think Greg put himself in a better position switching.
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikesWookie View Post
I remember when Jones switched over from the Gophers to the Spartans... not sure he could've made as big of a difference here though. After Mason our program fell off the map... In this situation I think Greg put himself in a better position switching.
Yeah I'm not saying that he was dumb to flip, just that Dantonio has done it himself.

And Pittman and dodson will be better off at OSU than at MSU or UW :)
Old 02-09-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Urban Liar and recruiting

Wow little Joey. Where do I start. First off Greg Jones came to MSU because Glenn Mason was fired, which means in the "gentlemens agreement" players are fair game until they say they are still committed to that school. Also you want to talk about Kyle Dodson. He stated publicly that he wanted to take visits to other schools. Again if a player contacts the coach of another school or opens up his recruitment then fair game. All Dantonio said was there was a whole new way of recruiting in the Big Ten now that Urban Liar arrived. You even stated that in talking about Urban Liar he had someone contact Dodson's brother during a dead period. That is something SLICK NICK and the SEC would do. Use that Grey Area!!! Dantonio isn't crying, he just said the gloves are off. Congrats on Pittman, MSU was always worried about his solid commitment. And we'll see who the ***** is come this fall! I hope Braxton Miller likes looking out of his earhole AGAIN.

Quote:
Wow, you are cracking me up. If you had read the article I linked above, you'd know that Dantonio is a hypocrite that is FOS. And I say that as a Dantonio fan. He's being a baby because it happened to him.

Read this very carefully and you will see that Dantonio has pulled this crap and worse himself over the years, including this freaking year. He just couldn't get the kids to flip to his team so now he is all sour grapes. WAHHHH!

Link to full article.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Default Pick what you want Joey

Dantonio didn't go to Taft until Urban Liar started all of his crap. Again the gloves were off at that point. And Cincinnati...he did the same thing at MSU. He is a new coach and wants to bring in his own recruits. Why would he keep recruits that didn't fit his system. It's not fair to the team or the recruits. Most recruits want to be rerecruited if a new coach comes in because they want to make sure it's the fit for them as well as the coach. I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that if a kid truely wanted to stay verbally commited no matter who the coach was Dantonio would have made sure the kid had a scholarship.
Do you think Urban Liar would have kept the verbal pledge of Arthur Ray who was diagnosed with cancer after he committed to MSU, even though he knew it would have taken away a scholarship from a healthy recruit? No he would have had some lame ass excuse about how the kid didn't fit the system and moved on like most of the coaches in the $EC. But it's amazing Arthur Ray is still on a football scholarship and started the first series of their game against Youngstown State in place of Joel Foreman, who had started every game of his career up to that point. But Joel felt it was more important to let Ray start the home opener. So don't give me this crap about Dantonio and MSU!
Urban Liar brought in the $EC and he will have to deal with what comes next. Don't be surprised if you see the rest of the Big Ten gang up on Urban Liar and OSU on the recruiting trail in the next few years. But by then he will have quit AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Yeah I'm not saying that he was dumb to flip, just that Dantonio has done it himself.

And Pittman and dodson will be better off at OSU than at MSU or UW :)

Last edited by Spartan4224 : 02-09-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

wow, there is some butt hurt going around already in big ten fanbases b/c of urban meyer and the guy hasn't coached a game yet. just wait until he starts dominating the league on the field....the butthurt will be tenfold.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Dantonio didn't go to Taft until Urban Liar started all of his crap. Again the gloves were off at that point. And Cincinnati...he did the same thing at MSU. He is a new coach and wants to bring in his own recruits. Why would he keep recruits that didn't fit his system. It's not fair to the team or the recruits. Most recruits want to be rerecruited if a new coach comes in because they want to make sure it's the fit for them as well as the coach. I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that if a kid truely wanted to stay verbally commited no matter who the coach was Dantonio would have made sure the kid had a scholarship.
Do you think Urban Liar would have kept the verbal pledge of Arthur Ray who was diagnosed with cancer after he committed to MSU, even though he knew it would have taken away a scholarship from a healthy recruit? No he would have had some lame ass excuse about how the kid didn't fit the system and moved on like most of the coaches in the $EC. But it's amazing Arthur Ray is still on a football scholarship and started the first series of their game against Youngstown State in place of Joel Foreman, who had started every game of his career up to that point. But Joel felt it was more important to let Ray start the home opener. So don't give me this crap about Dantonio and MSU!
Urban Liar brought in the $EC and he will have to deal with what comes next. Don't be surprised if you see the rest of the Big Ten gang up on Urban Liar and OSU on the recruiting trail in the next few years. But by then he will have quit AGAIN!!!
Why are you so angry?

And how do you know what Urban Meyer would do if there was a kid with cancer taking up a scholarship on the roster? You have no idea. None. You are conjecturing. Your anger seems to be welling up over a completely hypothetical scenario.

Meyer is definitely aggressive with his recruiting and pushes the limits. But other coaches in the B1G already do that.

Also, do you not understand the purpose of paragraphs?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Iowa has a kid with cancer...and he's going to run trains on you all for 2 years until AIRBHG finds out about him.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Default Stupidity

First I'm seperating thoughts to make sure you don't get things confused. Second I only get angry when someone talks $hit about stuff they think they know something about because they read some crack heads article on the internet. There's a difference between being aggressive and being shady. Has any other coach come in and caused such issues in the Big Ten from week one. Even Dick Rod didn't come close to what Urban Liar has done so far and the season is still 6 months away. I know OSU is used to winning at all costs starting with Katzenmoyer (?) and his 1.0 GPA and ending with tatoogate. Your attempt to justfy Liar's recruiting tatics with lies about other coaches is what really pisses me off. Everyone knows that what he is doing is at least boarding on illegal ($EC recruiting tatics) but don't bring in Dantonio when he does everything by the books. Your attempt to justfy just makes you look stupid.

Quote:
Why are you so angry?

And how do you know what Urban Meyer would do if there was a kid with cancer taking up a scholarship on the roster? You have no idea. None. You are conjecturing. Your anger seems to be welling up over a completely hypothetical scenario.

Meyer is definitely aggressive with his recruiting and pushes the limits. But other coaches in the B1G already do that.

Also, do you not understand the purpose of paragraphs?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
First I'm seperating thoughts to make sure you don't get things confused. Second I only get angry when someone talks $hit about stuff they think they know something about because they read some crack heads article on the internet. There's a difference between being aggressive and being shady. Has any other coach come in and caused such issues in the Big Ten from week one. Even Dick Rod didn't come close to what Urban Liar has done so far and the season is still 6 months away. I know OSU is used to winning at all costs starting with Katzenmoyer (?) and his 1.0 GPA and ending with tatoogate. Your attempt to justfy Liar's recruiting tatics with lies about other coaches is what really pisses me off. Everyone knows that what he is doing is at least boarding on illegal ($EC recruiting tatics) but don't bring in Dantonio when he does everything by the books. Your attempt to justfy just makes you look stupid.
So I'm guessing the answer is "No, you don't understand the purpose of paragraphs."

Your rambling thoughts are disjointed, random, nonsensical, paranoid, and fail to address anything resembling a fact pertinent to any discussion that I've seen in this thread.

These are all signs of schizophrenia and/or mild mental retardation.

Which, to be fair, is consistent with the MSU student norm.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I'm guessing the answer is "No, you don't understand the purpose of paragraphs."

Your rambling thoughts are disjointed, random, nonsensical, paranoid, and fail to address anything resembling a fact pertinent to any discussion that I've seen in this thread.

As if those attributes aren't at all associated with the typical OSU student...
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
As if those attributes aren't at all associated with the typical OSU student...
I didn't say they weren't. I think most state universities have more than a few complete morons.

Last edited by JoeJoeBrown : 02-10-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Toned down
Old 02-10-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Default Let's talk English

First you need to learn how to read. Everything was seperated, as stated before, so someone with your lack of intellegence could understand it. Second, we are on a disscussion board and not writing a thesis paper. Your agrument about education is only to cover up the fact that you were wrong on everything you said. Which is a defense mechanism of WOLVIE. So I'm glad you are striving to be like the guys in AA. Can you say...WALMART BUCKEY

So everything I argued had nothing to do with what you wrote earlier in the discussion. I guess that was your alter ego that wrote all those lies.

MAYBE YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD LOOK INTO SOME MEDICATION!!!

Next time don't bring a knife to a gun fight. AKA: know your facts before you put your fingers on the keyboard. You're only going to hurt yourself and the few lapdogs that follow you.

Quote:

Last edited by Spartan4224 : 02-10-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
First you need to learn how to read. Everything was seperated, as stated before, so someone with your lack of intellegence could understand it. Second, we are on a disscussion board and not writing a thesis paper. Your agrument about education is only to cover up the fact that you were wrong on everything you said. Which is a defense mechanism of WOLVIE. So I'm glad you are striving to be like the guys in AA. Can you say...WALMART BUCKEY

So everything I argued had nothing to do with what you wrote earlier in the discussion. I guess that was your alter ego that wrote all those lies.

MAYBE YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD LOOK INTO SOME MEDICATION!!!

Next time don't bring a knife to a gun fight. AKA: know your facts before you put your fingers on the keyboard. You're only going to hurt yourself and the few lapdogs that follow you.
I want to thank you for brightening my day. You are one of the most self-unaware individuals that I've engaged with in ages.

You are either a shining example of the Dunning–Kruger effect or a troll that is dedicated to his hobby. Either way, kudos, and again thanks for making me laugh.