Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2006, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default **Official Boxing Thread**

Well, this is a very big weekend for boxing as there are two opposing PPV cards. One, Tarver-Hopkins, features two old fighters (Hopkins will retire after the fight), but is historically significant. The other, Cotto-Malignaggi, features one very young budding superstar(Cotto) taking on a very talented prospect in Malignaggi.

I would have to lean towards Tarver in the 1st fight, but it is close, really close. B-Hop could easily pull out the victory, because he will be laying it all on the line (I hope). Tarver is going to be way bigger though as he is naturally about 15 lbs. heavier, I think that gives him a big edge. While the fight is significant historically, style-wise it makes for a very boring fight and would be a strech to order for 50 bucks seeing as HBO will be replaying the fight next weekend.

I will be attending the Cotto fight and I am pretty amped about it. It is a fight that Cotto should win, but Malignaggi can frustrate people with his speed and slick boxing, Plus his trash talking can get under peoples skin. However, Malignaggi, by all accounts, cant punch for power. This will present a huge problem for him as Cotto should be able to walk him down and impose his will as the harder puncher and larger man. I think Cotto KO's him around round 8 or so.

If you want to buy a PPV this weekend I suggest you go with the cotto show. It is 15 bucks cheaper at $35 and features a 5 fight undercard, and the other fight will be replayed on HBO. It feature great prospects like John Duddy, Juan Manuel Lopez, and Julio Ceasar Chavez. Also, it has Tommy Zbikowski(sp?) fighting his debut. He is not a great prospect, but is getting attention, so it will be cool to see him.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote