Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-05-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoying a nice six-pack of Bud Light Platinum IPA Dark Stout. Yeah, it's pretty rare and obscure.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what the **** is bud light platinum?
This. Saw the commercials but that sounds like ****.

Also, Titan IPA is awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

right MEOW
I want............

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still havent acquired a good taste for beer.

Just stuck with Miller Light and a **** ton of straight shots of Red Stag and Jack. It was a fun night, nothing crazy. Casual.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I want............
It was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Still havent acquired a good taste for beer.

Just stuck with Miller Light and a **** ton of straight shots of Red Stag and Jack.
Did you enjoy the monster truck rally as well?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It was good.

Did you enjoy the monster truck rally as well?
hahahahahaha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i was mostly joking, since about all i like is hoppy beer. but word, doesn't sound too tough... is the equipment expensive? did you buy local, or online?

i'm biased to the point of being incapable of saying anything good about fort collins, that said, i like their black ipa, but i generally dislike belgian ipas. the.. sweet i guess, does absolutely nothing for me. their rocky mountain ipa is ok, but nothing special. all that said, it might be like asking me about a ski resort... i'm completely spoiled by epic breweries within walking distance.

agreed. as above, but it just didn't do much for me as an 'ipa'.
Groupon has a homebrew kit for 64 bucks and it includes

Brewing Basics Equipment List:

Instructional Homebrewing DVD
6.5 Gallon Fermenter and Lid
6.5 Gallon Bottling Bucket with Spigot
8 Oz. of Easy Clean No-Rinse Cleanser
Airlock (Keeps air out of the fermenter)
Hydrometer (Determines alcohol content)
Bottle Brush
Black Beauty Bottle Capper
Bottle Caps
Liquid Crystal Thermometer
Bottle Filler
Racking Tube with Bucket Clip
Siphon Tubing
A steel bottle opener (a $14.95 value)
Choice of an irish red ale, an autumn amber ale, or an irish stout ingredient kit (up to a $27.99 value)
An instructional DVD (a $4.95 value)
A $25 gift certificate for a second batch

Just FYI

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Sometimes time is the best ingredient in beer

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what the **** is bud light platinum?
It's apparently 6% ABV and is supposed to be sweeter and also just ********.

....Probably the best beer I've ever had the pleasure of tasting.

In other news, my half brother's girlfriend's brother works for anheuser-busch. I'm not sure what that makes me but I did just receive a 24 pack of Stellas for free because of it.

I would be so down to brew beer if I had a more than minimum wage job so I could actually be creative with the hops, water, yeast and malted grain.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I just got word on some of the beers at the Saratoga Beer Summit.

I'm getting rather excited.

Speaking of which a request to the great people of SWDC if you can go to the Saratoga Beerfest page on facebook and like James Greenwood's picture (aka me) I could get a ticket to BOTH sessions of the summit which would be tits.
http://www.facebook.com/saratogabeerweek the link rep love to all that thumbs up.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive heard from a lot of people that (I think) Wood Chucks Hard Cider is amazing. Anyone else know about it?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Ive heard from a lot of people that (I think) Wood Chucks Hard Cider is amazing. Anyone else know about it?
Well firstly Woodchuck makes many different varieties of cider (granny apple, amber, crisp, raspberry, pear) as well as the seasonal ciders. If you can find the winter seasonal it has a wonder oak flavor. But long story short I've only had three ciders but I really like Woodchuck.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-11-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well firstly Woodchuck makes many different varieties of cider (granny apple, amber, crisp, raspberry, pear) as well as the seasonal ciders. If you can find the winter seasonal it has a wonder oak flavor. But long story short I've only had three ciders but I really like Woodchuck.
My favourite cider, specifically the strawberry and lime one.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

found some stone double bastard, any good?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Fall Seasonal brew is pretty damn awesome.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
11/11/11 vertical epic... chili and cinnamon? wtf?
Actually I can't remember if I had it this year. I have one saved to drink after 12/12/12 with all the others, but I can't remember if I bought 2 so I can have one now. I'm going to lean towards no because I feel like chili and cinnamon would have been memorable, good or bad.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
found some stone double bastard, any good?
If you like the original bastard then yes Double Bastard is awesome. That said I've never had a bad brew from Stone. Double Bastard was one of the best IIRC. Well with the obvious exception of Oaked Double Bastard.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 02-13-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Actually I can't remember if I had it this year. I have one saved to drink after 12/12/12 with all the others, but I can't remember if I bought 2 so I can have one now. I'm going to lean towards no because I feel like chili and cinnamon would have been memorable, good or bad.
You had it. You told me you didn't like it. I had it on tap and it was good for a sip or two but after that i didn't really want anymore.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You had it. You told me you didn't like it. I had it on tap and it was good for a sip or two but after that i didn't really want anymore.
I drink too much.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

exciting beer list at the restaurant im heading to for valentines day. anyone had any of these?

Almond 22 “Farotto” {farro & honey} Marche

Del Borgo “Geneziana” {gentian root} Lazio

Baladin “Isaac” {refreshing apricot flavored wit} Piemonte

Baladin “Nora” {kamut, ginger, myrhh ale} Piemonte

Del Ducato “Nuova Mattina {ginger, corriander, chamomille, green peppercorn}

Grado Plato “Strada San Felice” {chestnut ale}

Del Ducato “Verdi” {Imperial Stout w/red chile}

Menabrea {Italia}

Tupper Pilsner {VA}

Port City Monumental IPA {VA}

DC Brau Public Ale {DC}

Great Lakes: Burning River Pale Ale {OH}

Duck Rabbit Amber Ale {NC}

Bell’s Best Brown Ale {MI}

Williamsburg Tavern Brown Ale {VA}

Weyerbacher Autumnfest Ale {PA}

Great Lakes Christmas Ale {OH}

Six Points: Sweet Action: {Pale, wheat & cream ale}, Bengali Tiger IPA, Diesel {Porter & Stout} {NY}

Williamsberg AleWerks: “Barleywine” {VA}
Old 02-13-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just got word on some of the beers at the Saratoga Beer Summit.

I'm getting rather excited.

Speaking of which a request to the great people of SWDC if you can go to the Saratoga Beerfest page on facebook and like James Greenwood's picture (aka me) I could get a ticket to BOTH sessions of the summit which would be tits.
http://www.facebook.com/saratogabeerweek the link rep love to all that thumbs up.
None of those "excite" me, but a lot of them are good beers. I didn't see anything super special.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I prefer Magners, Crispin, or Fox Barrel, but Woodchuck is good. Not sure what your beer tastes are like, but if you usually drink lighter stuff, you might try the Granny Smith first as it's sweeter and a bit lighter/milder than the others.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
None of those "excite" me, but a lot of them are good beers. I didn't see anything super special.
True but these are only the local brewers but I'm excited what Troges Victory and stone are going to bring. There is a rare beer tasting but it was too expensive if I would have gotten 100 thumbs up on my pic I would have gotten a free ticket to that too.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh.....there is BL Platinum discussion in the RDT.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Ugh.....there is BL Platinum discussion in the RDT.
I tried it. It's weird. More alcohol but sweet. It's definitely not worth it. When I drink bud light, I drink it because it is cheap. Platinum kind of defeats that purpose.