Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Is the money going to the other years guarenteed?
I believe it is. It's being called a late signing bonus.

Link for confirmation:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4224/lamarr-woodley

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I believe it is. It's being called a late signing bonus.

Link for confirmation:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4224/lamarr-woodley
That wouldve been a very risky move if it wasn't.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greer is by far our best corner, and probably our 3rd best FA signing in the past decade (Brees and now Sproles the others)

I just think he would command too much money, while he would be (at best) our 4th priority in the offseason. If he wanted like 3-4 mil, wouldn't be too bad. But I see someone giving him a Jason David type contract and not living up to it.

Easily one of the worst signings ever. EVER.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Heh, just keep shoving everything forward and deal with this same situation again in a few years.

Your defense is mostly old and most of the players need to go within the next year.

Steelers fans won't like it, but they need to face the sad reality that they're going to experience a time of rebuilding sooner rather than later.
I think this is LeBeau's last year, so they're keeping his guys for one more year.

After that, rebuild. I don't think it'll be as complicated as people think. Two offseasons should do it. We already have the two DEs, two (maybe three, depending on Worilds) of the LBs, and a bunch of young CBs (Keenan Lewis, Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen).

I'm hoping for Burfict and Chapman this year, and safeties the next. Also a FA somewhere.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I think this is LeBeau's last year, so they're keeping his guys for one more year.

After that, rebuild. I don't think it'll be as complicated as people think. Two offseasons should do it. We already have the two DEs, two (maybe three, depending on Worilds) of the LBs, and a bunch of young CBs (Keenan Lewis, Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen).

I'm hoping for Burfict and Chapman this year, and safeties the next. Also a FA somewhere.
That's two too many for the Steeler fans I know. That 7-9 season a few years back nearly killed them. It's a spoiled fanbase that can't comprehend losing seasons. Hell, just losing in the Wildcard round this year had them on the ledge.

Also, Burfict? On the Steelers? I think they're more likely to draft your or I than they ever would be to touch someone like Burfict. Freakishly talented, certainly, but they've already got the NFL breathing down their neck for the hits Harrison puts on people. Burfict blowing a guy up or throwing a punch after the play would be tolerated for all of about 10 seconds.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greer is by far our best corner, and probably our 3rd best FA signing in the past decade (Brees and now Sproles the others)

I just think he would command too much money, while he would be (at best) our 4th priority in the offseason. If he wanted like 3-4 mil, wouldn't be too bad. But I see someone giving him a Jason David type contract and not living up to it.
Don't have to sell me on Greer, loved the guy when he played for the Bills, just think that Spags could turn Porter into an even better corner than Greer, and if Robinson keeps growing as well that's a trio that can be as good as any in the NFC. Give Spags corners like that and you won't need Colston or Meachum.

Hell, I think the Saints should just sign Brees and Porter, let Nicks walk and focus on signing Mario Williams. With that trio of corners and a DE rotation featuring guys like Mario, Cam Jordan and Will Smith and any offense featuring Brees and a solid running game and they'd be easy superbowl favorites.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Steelers fans won't like it, but they need to face the sad reality that they're going to experience a time of rebuilding sooner rather than later.

Eh, the Steelers go about building the team in a unique way. The older positions (DE, OLB, CB,) all have young back-ups who are being developed and contributed this year. That does leave ILB, NT, etc, positions that need addressed soon.

With the way the team has drafted, rebuilding for Pittsburgh isn't the same as Jacksonville rebuilding.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Don't have to sell me on Greer, loved the guy when he played for the Bills, just think that Spags could turn Porter into an even better corner than Greer, and if Robinson keeps growing as well that's a trio that can be as good as any in the NFC. Give Spags corners like that and you won't need Colston or Meachum.

Hell, I think the Saints should just sign Brees and Porter, let Nicks walk and focus on signing Mario Williams. With that trio of corners and a DE rotation featuring guys like Mario, Cam Jordan and Will Smith and any offense featuring Brees and a solid running game and they'd be easy superbowl favorites.
I don't see that would help us overall. Yes, we would be better defensively, but our offense would hinder because your talking about letting a Top 10 (in my eyes) WR, a WR whose decent, and the best OG in football walk.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Eh, the Steelers go about building the team in a unique way. The older positions (DE, OLB, CB,) all have young back-ups who are being developed and contributed this year. That does leave ILB, NT, etc, positions that need addressed soon.

With the way the team has drafted, rebuilding for Pittsburgh isn't the same as Jacksonville rebuilding.
True, there are those in worse shape, but you fans here tend to put a lot of faith in guys like Worilds, Hood, Hayward, etc.

I'd prefer to see them actually contribute more. For instance, Worilds got some starts this year when Harrison and Woodley missed time and was invisible in what I saw.

If all of those guys work out and immediately contribute as starters, then yes, you might not be in too bad of shape. But there's hardly a guarantee of that happening and it will still leave your depth looking pretty thin with only so many draft picks to replace it. (Considering you need to address other areas like the o-line as well with them.)
Old 02-08-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post

Eventually we are going to have to let someone walk to free up the cap space. We can't keep everyone forever.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Eventually we are going to have to let someone walk to free up the cap space. We can't keep everyone forever.
Hampton and Ward this year I predict. I wouldn't even try to keep them around. If no one else signs them, bring them back at veteran minimums.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True, there are those in worse shape, but you fans here tend to put a lot of faith in guys like Worilds, Hood, Hayward, etc.

I'd prefer to see them actually contribute more. For instance, Worilds got some starts this year when Harrison and Woodley missed time and was invisible in what I saw.

If all of those guys work out and immediately contribute as starters, then yes, you might not be in too bad of shape. But there's hardly a guarantee of that happening and it will still leave your depth looking pretty thin with only so many draft picks to replace it. (Considering you need to address other areas like the o-line as well with them.)
Ehhh, I'm not convinced on Worilds. Good as a backup/ST, but it seemed like he was always a step late to the big play.

Hood, I don't know what to think. He has done a good job and being a 3-4 DE you are rarely noticed, unless your Justin Smith.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Ehhh, I'm not convinced on Worilds. Good as a backup/ST, but it seemed like he was always a step late to the big play.

Hood, I don't know what to think. He has done a good job and being a 3-4 DE you are rarely noticed, unless your Justin Smith.
I'll give you that Hood looked better when I saw him this year. Before that though, he looked completely overmatched and got shoved around a lot. I'd say the jury is still out on him but with Smith retiring, the starting job should be his.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cincy is going to have to resign Benson, Simpson, Collins, Nelson (did he do good?), Sims, Pacman, etc.

Titans have to resign Courtland, Griffin, Jones, and Scott.

Redskins are franchising Davis, and still need Fletcher, Landry, McIntosh, and maybe one or two more.

Chiefs have Bowe and Carr, maybe Weigmann, Gregg, Orton, McClain, Belcher, Jones.

Bucs have to resign pretty much no one, maybe Ronde and Josh Johnson.
No, we don't. They both suck. Jones will be cheap because he had a crappy season.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

If you believe Griffin sucks then I think you overestimate the safety talent in the league. Go ahead and make a top 5. After about 3 names it gets hard.

Aging Ed Reed? Struggles to cover in a traditional safety role Polamalu? Eric Weddle? Daniel Manning? Youngins like Earl Thomas?

It's a very, very weak position in the league right now I think. I'd gladly take Griffin over the garbage the Bears have started the last couple years.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Also, back to the salary cap thing, the Patriots will have $18 million in space and ten thousand draft picks.

If they don't do something to drastically improve the defense and add a deep threat WR then seriously, **** those guys and their conservatism.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you believe Griffin sucks then I think you overestimate the safety talent in the league. Go ahead and make a top 5. After about 3 names it gets hard.

Aging Ed Reed? Struggles to cover in a traditional safety role Polamalu? Eric Weddle? Daniel Manning? Youngins like Earl Thomas?

It's a very, very weak position in the league right now I think. I'd gladly take Griffin over the garbage the Bears have started the last couple years.
Pfffft it gets hard after Reed. For the high number of safeties drafted within the first 3 rounds, very few of them turn out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

You would think with the amount of passing that happens in the college they would be good in coverage. But I guess the complexity of the systems make a big difference.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, back to the salary cap thing, the Patriots will have $18 million in space and ten thousand draft picks.

If they don't do something to drastically improve the defense and add a deep threat WR then seriously, **** those guys and their conservatism.
Agreed, hoping for a big off season ala the 2007 one. Go get Djack or Vjack... or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Vincent Jackson? Robert Meachem? Bryant Johnson?
They need to resign Wes, Branch.

Maybe they go after Mario Williams.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Agreed, hoping for a big off season ala the 2007 one. Go get Djack or Vjack... or both.
**** that noise. MIKE WALLACE. Rob a conference foe, young, elite speed, no headaches like DeSean.

Proceed to ball out like a crazy person. Wallace running deep routes will open so much up for those TEs. Brady might throw for 6000 yards.

And yes, do it even if it means letting go of Welker.

Wallace + Edelman in Welker's role >>>>> Welker and, let's say, Brandon Lloyd.

Throw in those TEs and holy god damn Batman.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
**** that noise. MIKE WALLACE. Rob a conference foe, young, elite speed, no headaches like DeSean.

Proceed to ball out like a crazy person. Wallace running deep routes will open so much up for those TEs. Brady might throw for 6000 yards.
I know you have to deal with super homer steelers fan all day, err day, but come on man, leave them alone.

Mike wallace is not going anywhere.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know you have to deal with super homer steelers fan all day, err day, but come on man, leave them alone.

Mike wallace is not going anywhere.
THATS WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT SANTONIO TOO! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

I feel awful for hoping for an all-out Steelers collapse, but it would please me endlessly to watch them toil in obscurity for the next 5 or so years while we win 3 consecutive Super Bowls after signing Mario Williams, Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks (While resigning Ben Grubbs, Ray Rice and Ladarius Webb. In my scenario, Flacco is traded and Tyrod Taylor leads us to the promised land 3 years in a row. TYROD).
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

I feel awful for hoping for an all-out Steelers collapse, but it would please me endlessly to watch them toil in obscurity for the next 5 or so years while we win 3 consecutive Super Bowls after signing Mario Williams, Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks (While resigning Ben Grubbs, Ray Rice and Ladarius Webb. In my scenario, Flacco is traded and Tyrod Taylor leads us to the promised land 3 years in a row. TYROD).
Ha. And Bengals fans with their $40 million in cap space and two first round picks will be watching you toil under Cam Cameron and Joe Flacco too as your key defenders continue to age.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

BastardO!!! *shakes fist in anger.

Mike Wallace has yet to get caught with Weed.