Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Washington Redskins $94,351,284
not sure where that site got its info. skins are going to be at $86,920,063.
http://www.thehogs.net/washington-redskins/salary.php

Also looks like they are going to franchise Fred Davis.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If AZ cuts Levi Brown and Kevin Kolb we save 41 mil, interesting
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
not sure where that site got its info. skins are going to be at $86,920,063.
http://www.thehogs.net/washington-redskins/salary.php

Also looks like they are going to franchise Fred Davis.
I think they're including dead money. The figure for the Patriots is about $6 mill higher than other places and the Pats owe roughly $6 mill in dead money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
That is...dare I say...Peyton Manning money.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Enough to get P. Manning. Has AZ ever had a good LT or RT?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Also, back to the salary cap thing, the Patriots will have $18 million in space and ten thousand draft picks.

If they don't do something to drastically improve the defense and add a deep threat WR then seriously, **** those guys and their conservatism.
my thoughts exactly!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I don't see that would help us overall. Yes, we would be better defensively, but our offense would hinder because your talking about letting a Top 10 (in my eyes) WR, a WR whose decent, and the best OG in football walk.
True. I just think that with a league average replacement for Nicks you'll still be able to run the ball, still have a great TE and some solid weapons. Plus I think if they went after the 3 guys I mentioned there'd still be money left over for Meachum. And with Brees and that dome that should more than enough weapons to have an excellent offense, maybe not as explosive as this years and might not put up the yards, but you wouldn't need them to do as much with a great D, and be better suited for playoff football because you're more versatile.

I fully admit that this is all simply because I love watching Spags have talent to work with and in general think that building a great defense is much more important than giving a great QB great weapons.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd pay $41 million to get rid of Kolb. The fact that you can get rewarded for it should make it a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I'd pay $41 million to get rid of Kolb. The fact that you can get rewarded for it should make it a no-brainer.
All the better if you get Peyton because no one will be pissy about the wasted draft picks and money paid to Kolb so far because YOU HAVE PEYTON ******* MANNING.

Hang onto Skelton as a backup...nice. There is no reason Arizona SHOULDN'T do it.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I'd give it a bit more time just because they gave up a 1st round and DRC. If he was just a free agent I'd be more for it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Enough to get P. Manning. Has AZ ever had a good LT or RT?
Not in my lifetime aka since they moved to AZ

Reggie Wells is the best I can think of
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's unfortunate Zona got hosed so hard on the Kolb deal, because if DRC ever figures out the intricacies of the CB position he's going to be very, very awesome. He's already good, but he's still young has as much potential as any CB in the league. Plus, PP and DRC would have been an INSANE young duo to build around.

And it's not like anyone thought Kolb would be good. It's another one of those Gabbert situations, where everyone not named Thumper knew he was going to blow enormous donkey ****. Just further evidence that I could, indeed, run an NFL franchise (If you're reading this Steve Biscotti, hook me up with a job. I'll FIRE CAM ******* CAMERON MYSELF!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'd give it a bit more time just because they gave up a 1st round and DRC. If he was just a free agent I'd be more for it.
It was a 2nd round pick and if they can save that much money by getting rid of him now, just do it. Go all in after Peyton Manning and you still have John Skelton as plan B.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
2nd rounder*

But obviously we only cut Kolb for Peyton, Peyton roster bonus due March 8th, Kolb not til the 14th I think

And DRC just doesn't fit this type of defense sadly someone like Toler who is a solid tackler has more value, but he should be starting over Aso and Asante :)

Last edited by fenikz : 02-08-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
THATS WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT SANTONIO TOO! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

I feel awful for hoping for an all-out Steelers collapse, but it would please me endlessly to watch them toil in obscurity for the next 5 or so years while we win 3 consecutive Super Bowls after signing Mario Williams, Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks (While resigning Ben Grubbs, Ray Rice and Ladarius Webb. In my scenario, Flacco is traded and Tyrod Taylor leads us to the promised land 3 years in a row. TYROD).
No way do the Jaguars sign Mario, VJax, and Nicks. That is who you are referencing with "we" isn't it?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
No way do the Jaguars sign Mario, VJax, and Nicks. That is who you are referencing with "we" isn't it?
That joke was funny like, 3 years ago. Not now.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAhah, I remember that. APS said he would become a Jags fan if Flacco was drafted or was it if he did good?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope, still funny.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Was drafting Flacco really a worse option that dealing with more Kyle Boller?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Was drafting Flacco really a worse option that dealing with more Kyle Boller?
I was more upset with the fact that we were getting absolutely torched in the secondary and we just refused to draft a CB. It actually took until this year to get that done, oddly enough. I wanted Leodis McKelvin something bad that year at #8 though.

That, and I wasn't a big fan of Flacco as a prospect. Didn't see the accuracy (still don't, consistently anyways) or the pedigree to justify spending a Top 20 pick on him. I wanted us to take Leodis in Round 1 and Chad Henne in Round 2. I was also huge on Mike Jenkins and Brandon Flowers, who we could have got at #26 that year after we traded down.
Quote:
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I hate how much crap Flacco takes from Baltimore fans. He isn't Brady, Rodgers, or Brees. But he's 44-20 (equivalent to 11-5 per) in the regular season with five playoff wins. He has made the playoffs each of his first four seasons, winning at least one game each year. I'm pretty sure that is the most regular season wins ever in a QB's first four seasons. 80% of the NFL would love to have that kind of success from their QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Man I hate how much crap Flacco takes from Baltimore fans. He isn't Brady, Rodgers, or Brees. But he's 44-20 (equivalent to 11-5 per) in the regular season with five playoff wins. He has made the playoffs each of his first four seasons, winning at least one game each year. I'm pretty sure that is the most regular season wins ever in a QB's first four seasons. 80% of the NFL would love to have that kind of success from their QB.
Yeah, he's been a winner, no one would deny this. But his play specifically all those years is rarely above average.

He needs to take that next step to being a legitimate, can carry the team when needed type QB.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think most of the frustration comes from the fact that those wins haven't so much been because of Flacco, but in spite of him. While he has been successful in his early days in Baltimore, he's also had the luxury of playing on one of the most talented overall rosters in the NFL during that tenure. Very few teams consistently surround their young QBs with the type of talent the Ravens have, and most of the frustration with him comes from the fact that we very well could have won numerous Superbowls had his development exceeded what it has so far.
Quote:
Old 02-08-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baltimore wins in spite of Flacco. They have top 5 defenses every year. What you meant to say is that Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ngata, and Suggs are 44-20 in the regular season with five playoff wins. Flacco is riding their coat tales.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Around 80 percent of the starting QBs would just as many wins with the Ravens.