Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-08-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I think he can, but not without slowing down a LOT...

Every time i watch him, he just doesn't seem to be very fluid making lateral cuts. Once again, i'm not saying that he's not a very good prospect, but to put him on the level of AP isn't warranted IMO.
I like Richardson, so this comp may be viewed more negatively than it should be, but he reminds me a bit of Lynch. Of course, I loved Lynch out of college and he never reached the ceiling that I had hoped for.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I like Richardson, so this comp may be viewed more negatively than it should be, but he reminds me a bit of Lynch. Of course, I loved Lynch out of college and he never reached the ceiling that I had hoped for.
Great comparison TBH. Really similar as runners, just doesn't ******* stop...lol
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cordy Glenn can be a pretty special G. A less angry version of Carl Nicks, who probably isn't all that angry anymore anyway.

Who else...I think Vinny Curry could be a nasty DE/OLB if he gets there...Blackmon is an absolute stud...I do like Kalil enough to think he'll be a stud pass protector...Konz is a stud C prospect...Janoris Jenkins is going to be nasty, 5'9 or not....Coples reminds me alot of Justin Tuck, but he's got 20 pounds on college Justin Tuck so that could be off....Devon Still gets on here just for being the first Penn State guy I think is legit in forever...Mark Barron is an underrated stud safety prospect who can become a staple/anchor in someone's secondary for a decade....Hightower is another guy I like like that...if Burfict finds the right coach (Rex Ryan) then it's game over man...gave over...Fleener isn't special, but he's going to be some QB's favorite pass catcher...Miller or Richardson with the right teams/O-Lines....then obviously Luck...I'll throw RG3 in too.

Maybe 2 of these guys are actually "special"...that said I think there's definitely a group of players I really like before things really get going.

Last edited by SenorGato : 02-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Inspector71
Rookie

Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I think he can, but not without slowing down a LOT...

Every time i watch him, he just doesn't seem to be very fluid making lateral cuts. Once again, i'm not saying that he's not a very good prospect, but to put him on the level of AP isn't warranted IMO.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=wPIVTeyytfc

Against the #1 Defense in the NCAA. I don't know many other 225 lb RB's that can do that.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we're all tossing around names, I might as well bring up Nick Perry. Obviously not an elite prospect but may end up the best pass-rusher from the class
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
While we're all tossing around names, I might as well bring up Nick Perry. Obviously not an elite prospect but may end up the best pass-rusher from the class
He looks like a knockoff Terrell Suggs sometimes, doesn't he? Yeah throw him on there. It's rare to say a USC prospect is underhyped, but that's probably a good thing.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there are five......

1. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Trent Richardson
4. Morris Claiborne
5. David Decastro
Old 02-08-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once we get the Wonderlich scores back we can do a sort on the scores below 10 to find out whom the "special" players are.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
diemertsdawgs
Rookie

diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs

Wonderlich....lol. That test would make them .....smart players right? Not special players. Overrated test.
diemertsdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemertsdawgs View Post
Wonderlich....lol. That test would make them .....smart players right? Not special players. Overrated test.
either I don't understand your joke or you don't understand his... :P
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
diemertsdawgs
Rookie

diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Most explosive? In this draft? If you want to argue most complete, I wouldn't disagree with that, but most explosive? Not sold that he's more explosive than say, Kendall Wright.
Kendall Wright is good I agree ...but not more explosive or a better WR than Blackmon. Not close. I'm a OU Sooner fan I seen them both for a few years now and Blackmon is hands down better than Wright.
diemertsdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
either I don't understand your joke or you don't understand his... :P
I don't think he understood his joke lol
Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elite: Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden
Not Elite: Trent Richardson

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melvin Ingram is freakishly athletic. Not sure if he'll be "special" til he hits the professional fields...
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Trent's absolutely elite.

I'm going to label "special" as players I'm very confident will become top 3-5 players in their primes at their respective positions: Trent Richardson, Andrew Luck, David DeCastro.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I don't think he understood his joke lol
I'm guessing he got a nine on the Wonderlic.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

You can just GTFO out with this post before I freak the **** out.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote