Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brian Quick

Need your help here. Unfortunately, I don't get too many App State games where I live and I was only able to watch him play once this year. To make matters worse, my cable provider doesn't offer NFL Network and has a monopoly on my area, so I can't switch providers and wasn't able to see any of the Senior Bowl practices.

Long story short, I have heard more mixed reviews about Brian Quick than any other player in this year's draft. Throughout Senior Bowl week I heard a great deal of negative commentary - drops, lacks concentration, body catches everything, and coaches are worried he may not be too mentally strong. However, I've also heard an equal number of commentators say he had a great Senior Bowl week, displays excellent control over his large frame, and some have even propelled him into the first round conversation. I saw him play a game vs Elon in November. To me, he had a mixed day - a few drops and some lazy routes, but also showed great body control and strength and superb run after the catch ability, didn't look like a bonified star, but a good player, surely not first round caliber.

I must admit, this is one of the few times in which a player evaluation has absolutely stumped me. What do the rest of you think.? Scott and Shane, do you two have any first-hand insight from Senior Bowl Week?
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way to watch every rep of every player during Senior Bowl practices (even with 2 of us,) but the people I trust and discussed this with felt Quick had a mediocre week at best.

Physically, he is there. He has the length, solid bulk, looks the part. I think he could match up with some NFL level corners But there are some concentration issues and that is what the Senior Bowl showed (as did his year at App State). He body catches a lot and had plenty of drops this year.

He's in that Ramses Barden category of great physical talent, but there is work that needs done before he can become a stud WR.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He's in that Ramses Barden category of great physical talent, but there is work that needs done before he can become a stud WR.
great comparison.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hear he looks scared of physical contact.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=50411
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote