Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-08-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Janoris Jenkins Interview

Interview with North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins
http://www.draftcountdown.com/interv...is-Jenkins.php

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He seems like a good kid from the way it reads.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Came away very impressed with that interview. He could easily blame others for his actions but he's straight up saying he made mistakes and he's trying to show they're in the past.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand that Jenkins has had media training and practiced how to answer some of the tougher questions that I asked. With that said, I came away with the impression that Jenkins was sincere and genuinely a good kid who made some stupid mistakes. That is why I feel comfortable keeping him in the first round on my board, even though he could slip a bit.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a really genuine kid.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

One thing that impressed me about Jenkins is that he makes amazing eye contact when talking with people. That may sound insignificant, but it's not and it will help Janoris in interviews.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TheRubberDuck45
Rookie

TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheRubberDuck45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only problem I had with the interview was that we (UNA) averaged 10k per game. But going from 90k to 10K its probably hard to tell the difference. Lol. He was by far the best player on the field in every game this year. Hopefully he wont forget about Florence Alabama. Even though there isn't anything here to remember...
TheRubberDuck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he does interview very well and seems smart. not really a thug getting dismissed from a big school.

im one of those people who look at "his actions" as minimal. the correlation between smoking some weed and being a bad person doesnt really exist in his case. he needs to stay clean, at least from july to February but i really dont think that will be a problem. im kinda becoming more and more sold on him, think hes gonna be a pick machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott what do you think the chances are the Patriots potentially go after him with either 27 or 32? Jenkins is a Asante Samuel/Ellis Hobbs type CB and is what this defense needs opposite McCourty at CB.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Scott what do you think the chances are the Patriots potentially go after him with either 27 or 32? Jenkins is a Asante Samuel/Ellis Hobbs type CB and is what this defense needs opposite McCourty at CB.
You mean opposite of Sterling Moore.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I was looking at it that I just had surgery and my dad, my mentor and I had a talk and we all decided that I would come back, get my degree and finish my four years at Florida. I decided to go to North Alabama because I didn't want to run from my problems."

...What?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
diemertsdawgs
Rookie

diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs

I want this kid in orange and brown, opposite Joe Haden. Either take him at #22 or in the early 2nd rd.
diemertsdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
One thing that impressed me about Jenkins is that he makes amazing eye contact when talking with people. That may sound insignificant, but it's not and it will help Janoris in interviews.
One thing that bothers me about Riley Reiff is how awkward and nervous he is in interviews; Reiff rarely makes eye contact and seems like he wants to get away as soon as possible in interviews. I understand that some people are uncomfortable doing that sort of thing, but if you're in your twenties and still can't handle being interviewed, it is fair to question composure. Reiff's struggles in interviews versus a guy like Jonathan Martin who appears highly confident, mature, professional, personable, and focused really stands out.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
One thing that bothers me about Riley Reiff is how awkward and nervous he is in interviews; Reiff rarely makes eye contact and seems like he wants to get away as soon as possible in interviews. I understand that some people are uncomfortable doing that sort of thing, but if you're in your twenties and still can't handle being interviewed, it is fair to question composure. Reiff's struggles in interviews versus a guy like Jonathan Martin who appears highly confident, mature, professional, personable, and focused really stands out.
You can only take so much from that though. Jason Smith wowed people in interviews. He basically talked his way into being the #3 (or was it #2) pick in the draft. Now he sucks and the Rams are kicking themselves for having to pay his massive contract.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You can only take so much from that though. Jason Smith wowed people in interviews. He basically talked his way into being the #3 (or was it #2) pick in the draft. Now he sucks and the Rams are kicking themselves for having to pay his massive contract.
Character, confidence, maturity, and professionalism may not be the only factors which predict NFL success but I'd rather draft someone who had those four qualities than to go with someone perceived as lacking the composure to give a simple post-game interview without looking like they're about to have a panic attack. One of the most important aspects of scouting is to trust your instincts.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Character, confidence, maturity, and professionalism may not be the only factors which predict NFL success but I'd rather draft someone who had those four qualities than to go with someone perceived as lacking the composure to give a simple post-game interview without looking like they're about to have a panic attack. One of the most important aspects of scouting is to trust your instincts.
So maybe a good way to look at it is that if they interview well, it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but if they interview terribly, it probably DOES mean something.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
"I was looking at it that I just had surgery and my dad, my mentor and I had a talk and we all decided that I would come back, get my degree and finish my four years at Florida. I decided to go to North Alabama because I didn't want to run from my problems."

...What?
he decided to finish his four years at florida, but then he was dismissed. i thought it was worded weird too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maturity and professionalism are the cornerstones to a long successful NFL career. Its very hard to determine who is genuine and who is just regurgitating what their agent had told them 15 minutes before the interview. By the sound of it, Janoris is the former. He may not be crystal-clean but at least he is able to demonstrate the ability to atone for his actions, which speaks volumes about his character.

Another overlooked quality - Jenkins chose to go to another university rather than to sit out a year, or enter last year's draft out of fear of being kicked off of the team. Many players that have been in similar situations (some in the NFL today) would much rather take the Fall semester off than to go to another school. I think transferring to North Alabama was a very smart move on his behalf and demonstrates his commitment.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
BUC backer
Rookie

BUC backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
he decided to finish his four years at florida, but then he was dismissed. i thought it was worded weird too
Perhaps he's referring to staying in school as opposed to entering the supplemental draft?
BUC backer is offline   Reply With Quote