Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I understand he was basically a WR coach who got moved to QB coach because, well, Eli doesn't really need one.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
From what I understand he was basically a WR coach who got moved to QB coach because, well, Eli doesn't really need one.
Still sounds better than Ron Turner.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah my impressions of him initially were that he just got moved to qb coach bc Eli doesn't need one.

Then I read this season that he made Eli runs some drills in the offseason that really helped improve his accuracy throwing on the run and off balance. So I don't know what to make of him.

I'd prefer to keep him than lose him, better safe than sorry. But I don't really know much about the guy.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention, he'll probably have a Run N Shoot style offense, and I think that would be a disaster for a young inexperienced Bucs team.

I don't see Freeman succeeding in a Run N Shoot. He's more of an adlib qb.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Not to mention, he'll probably have a Run N Shoot style offense, and I think that would be a disaster for a young inexperienced Bucs team.

I don't see Freeman succeeding in a Run N Shoot. He's more of an adlib qb.
He could run a high school caliber offense and it would be better than that garbage we saw last year from Greg Olson. At least he would open up the passing game a bit more from Freeman, giving him a chance to take a shot down the field. Schiano has already reiterated that he wants Freeman to take a lot of shots down field so I think he brings in a guy who can help us achieve that.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are apparently talking to Jack Bicknell Jr, the assistant O-Line coach from the Giants, to fill our vacant OL coach position.

What can Giants fans tell me about him?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Let me get this right. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't last year, Eli was the most overrated QBs and players in the NFL. Now, he never needed at QB coach?

How do we know Sullivan didn't play a part in Eli's career year in terms of coaching?

He's always done a great job with the WRs and we need help in both departments. I think he's a good choice.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs coaching staff is terrible. Schiano will be gone in 3 years hiring all unexperienced college coaches. The players will have 0 respect for these guys. Sullivan might be a good hire.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Chiefs are apparently talking to Jack Bicknell Jr, the assistant O-Line coach from the Giants, to fill our vacant OL coach position.

What can Giants fans tell me about him?
Who the hell knows. He was the assistant OL coach so you don't read about them often. His dad was a famous BC coach I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Bucs coaching staff is terrible. Schiano will be gone in 3 years hiring all unexperienced college coaches. The players will have 0 respect for these guys. Sullivan might be a good hire.
I somewhat tend to agree with this, but the actual coaching staff is still miles better then what we got last year. There are a few coaches who at least have potential. Last year they were pretty much all known failures except for Keith Millard.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

All the Rutgers coaches he brought with him were more known for their recruiting abilities more so than their actual coaches. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hm... Interesting. Same thing happened with Jim Harbaugh last year and look how that turned out. If anyone looked at Tony Dungy's staff when he came to Tampa, he had no NFL experienced guys.

Sullivan has been under Tom Coughlin for 8 years. I'm sure he learned a lot in that process and did a good job with the WR corps and ELi manning.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, only 4 Rutgers guys came aboard. Butch Davis, long time NFL defensive Coordinator and COllege/NFL head coach as a Senior defensive Assistant. Tony Wise as OLINE coach.

It's an interesting staff, but it 's a mix with unexperienced and experienced guys as well, in terms of the NFL.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Let me get this right. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't last year, Eli was the most overrated QBs and players in the NFL. Now, he never needed at QB coach?

How do we know Sullivan didn't play a part in Eli's career year in terms of coaching?

He's always done a great job with the WRs and we need help in both departments. I think he's a good choice.
Bolded part depends on who you'd ask. Re: Sullivan, I'm just relaying what I've heard from NYG fans that I trust.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Hm... Interesting. Same thing happened with Jim Harbaugh last year and look how that turned out. If anyone looked at Tony Dungy's staff when he came to Tampa, he had no NFL experienced guys.

Sullivan has been under Tom Coughlin for 8 years. I'm sure he learned a lot in that process and did a good job with the WR corps and ELi manning.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, only 4 Rutgers guys came aboard. Butch Davis, long time NFL defensive Coordinator and COllege/NFL head coach as a Senior defensive Assistant. Tony Wise as OLINE coach.

It's an interesting staff, but it 's a mix with unexperienced and experienced guys as well, in terms of the NFL.
Harbaugh only brought two Stanford coaches with him and one of them had NFL experience with him. Also, Schiano didn't have nearly the same success as Harbaugh had at Stanford.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

IS SCHIANO YOUNGRY ENOUGH?! sdfsadfsd
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited about the Mike Sullivan hire. I think he fits in very well with Schianos offensive game plan. The coaching staff so far is definitely interesting. We have a mix of Rutgers guys and guys with a ton of experience like Butch Davis*, Jimmy Raye and Tony Wise. The guys Schiano is bringing with him are in lesser roles like Strength & Conditioning so I'm not really worried to much about them being a big problem.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait Jimmy Raye as in ex-SF offensive co-ordinator Jimmy Raye? Please don't let him anywhere near the playbook. I wish he was back with SF just to see him call 25 run up the middle plays every game. Physical with an F and smash mouth football everybody.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Wait Jimmy Raye as in ex-SF offensive co-ordinator Jimmy Raye? Please don't let him anywhere near the playbook. I wish he was back with SF just to see him call 25 run up the middle plays every game. Physical with an F and smash mouth football everybody.
Jimmy Raye as in former Buccaneers coach Jimmy Raye. He is the 'senior offensive assistant', Sullivan will be calling the plays as offensive coordinatory one would presume. Raye is in the same role that Butch Davis will be in for the defense.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Besides Butler all the Rutgers guys are going to be position coaches right? I'd say that's pretty important.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Besides Butler all the Rutgers guys are going to be position coaches right? I'd say that's pretty important.
It's all on a scale of relativity. They are off lesser importance than the bigger signings like Davis and Sullivan. What they lack in inexperience, can hopefully be made up for with good working chemistry - and in turn guys like Davis can hopefully teach them a lot. Angelichio (TE), Fleck (WR), Robert Fraser, Lekbu (LB) and Hafley (DB).

Old 02-10-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's all on a scale of relativity. They are off lesser importance than the bigger signings like Davis and Sullivan. What they lack in inexperience, can hopefully be made up for with good working chemistry - and in turn guys like Davis can hopefully teach them a lot. Angelichio (TE), Fleck (WR), Robert Fraser, Lekbu (LB) and Hafley (DB).
Holy damage control post, Batman.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A bunch of unprovens, but I'd take the potential over sacks of **** like Childress.
But the Jimmy Raye hiring makes me dry heave a little, wait hold on... nope it's wet. Brb getting napkins
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Jimmy Raye and Butch Davis are going to be Off. and Def. Consultants. They won't have any roles with the playcalling, none of that. They most likely will help Schiano adapt to the NFL, such as running Offseason Activities, Training Camps, Practices, etc.

What the Bucs lacked last year was experience on the coaching staff and discipline. Schiano has seeked advice and mentored through Dick Vermeil. I think he'll adapt to this league as he's spent several off-seasons with Bill Bellichik.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The San Francisco 49ers denied secondary coach Ed Donatell permission to interview for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' vacant defensive coordinator position, according to a league source.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm excited about the Mike Sullivan hire. I think he fits in very well with Schianos offensive game plan. The coaching staff so far is definitely interesting. We have a mix of Rutgers guys and guys with a ton of experience like Butch Davis*, Jimmy Raye and Tony Wise. The guys Schiano is bringing with him are in lesser roles like Strength & Conditioning so I'm not really worried to much about them being a big problem.
Tony Wise was a horrible OL coach when he was with the Dolphins. Yeah, good luck with that.

So far Schiano has brought in alot of Plan C guys since he's been denied so many times, but we'll see how it plays out. You never know in this league.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote