Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
How about OLBs? I'm liking Andre Branch so far.
He has the best measureables of anyone around the 30 range.

This is a pretty poor year for tall-rangy 3-4 OLB prospects.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon61 View Post
I highly doubt Wright is available where we pick in the first round. I never heard of lonnie edwards and there is no way Audie Cole falls to the 7th round, unless adrien cole is another person I never heard of.

If you put a G or C in the 3rd and Wolfe in the 4th I would like it better.

Hosely is an interesting prospect, but Scott has him listed at 171lbs which is too small IMO. Looking forward to see what he really weighs at the combine.
adrien cole is from lousina tech. most sites have hime anywhere from 5-7. he seems like a sleeper player...very larry grant like.

c - g in the 3rd would make sense too. i put a de there due to justin smith's age and needing some depth. would make sense to have another good young pass rusher.

i like hosley. i think if he adds muscle during the off season and eats he should be ok right about 185 moving forward.

kendall wright could be there. i mean i have seen some random pics happen before...hayward-bay, tim tebow way higher than expected so it's possible he slips. if he doesn't i can see alshon jeffrey slip too if he doesn't get some high 40 times.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:24 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm looking forward to seeing some of the WRs at the combine. Guys like Streeter, and how fast the little guys run.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
So I'm looking forward to seeing some of the WRs at the combine. Guys like Streeter, and how fast the little guys run.
I'm more interested in seeing how fast the taller receivers run ;P
Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm more interested in seeing how fast the taller receivers run ;P
Well I was really just referring to Adams and Rainey mostly; if they run in the 4.2 range
Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.

If Goldson leaves via FA, who are the better coverage safeties that would be available in the first few rounds?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS11toFG21 View Post
If Goldson leaves via FA, who are the better coverage safeties that would be available in the first few rounds?
There really aren't any obvious Free Safeties in this draft at all.

If a "coverage safety" is on Baalke's wish-list, I'd expect a corner conversion.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Say hello to the 49ers' new Team President.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_Yu
Old 02-10-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^ And co-owner.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

i still feel the draft balke and harbaugh had this last season was very underrated and wasn't spoken about as much.

aldon smith, chris culliver, and kendall hunter did more for this team than what i thought they would as rookies.

personally if we have another draft where 3-4 guys out of the 7 can have a similar impact as these 3 guys did than i will continue to trust they will continue to make smart executive decisions.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

some prospects i like to see are:

brian quick - wr
joe adams - wr

doug martin - rb
vick ballard - rb
marc tyler - rb

zebrie sanders - ot
mitchell schwartz - ot
nate potter - ot

billy winn - de
derek wolfe - de

jayron hosley - cb
dequan menzie - cb
keith tandy - cb

trumaine johnson - fs
brandon taylor - fs
blake giddeon - fs

jarret lee - qb
brock osweisler - qb
Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.

Quote:
There really aren't any obvious Free Safeties in this draft at all.

If a "coverage safety" is on Baalke's wish-list, I'd expect a corner conversion.
That's disappointing. I really wasn't impressed with Goldson's play in coverage this year, in spite of his interception total. Maybe there will be an alternative in free agency.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's disappointing. I really wasn't impressed with Goldson's play in coverage this year, in spite of his interception total. Maybe there will be an alternative in free agency.
Goldson isn't going anywhere. If no deal is reached, SF is going to tag him.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
He still gave up fewer plays in coverage than nearly every other FS in the NFL.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Goldson will be in a Niner uniform next year, make no mistake about that. Bad year for safeties. Actually the past two years have been bad for safties. But we're losing alot of depth at saftey so I wouldnt be surprised to see us grab one. One of my sleepers is Brandon Hardin of Oregon St. Missed all but one game of his senior year due to a shoulder injury that required surgrey. Played CB at OSU, but I think he's a safety at the next level. Dont know if he's been invited to the Combine or not but he will have to show well there or at a Pro Day. Played in the Shrine Game but he wasn't impressive. Could have been rust but I think alot of it is he played at CB. Likely will have to go the UDFA route but I think he has potential as a either a FS or a SS. I like he's measurables and he plays the game with alot of physicality. Reminds me some of Goldson when he was was a Huskie.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-13-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
zebrie sanders - ot
mitchell schwartz - ot
nate potter - ot
You think OT needs to be targeted? I don't at all.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

Quote:
I think the only OTs that are targeted are guys who can move inside.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
depends on the targets and if snyder is retained. there isn't much depth. davis isn't the key and i am not sure i am sold on snyder holding the spot as a starter. i'm not saying let's go spend a top 30 pick on a ot but i would be safe to say that drafting one should not cause a surprise to anyone.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
depends on the targets and if snyder is retained. there isn't much depth. davis isn't the key and i am not sure i am sold on snyder holding the spot as a starter. i'm not saying let's go spend a top 30 pick on a ot but i would be safe to say that drafting one should not cause a surprise to anyone.
No depth?

Alex Boone and Mike Person? Not many teams carry more than 4. And if Snyder returns that would be 5 players capable of playing OT.

C and G need to be targeted far before OT.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No depth?

Alex Boone and Mike Person? Not many teams carry more than 4. And if Snyder returns that would be 5 players capable of playing OT.

I wonder if they will address that or if they are confident in Chase Beeler, and Dan Kilgore. I guess it will depend on how the OTA's go.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No depth?

OG - Iupati, Snyder, Kilgore
OT - Staley, Davis, Boone and Person
C - Goodwin

Hmmm, who's the backup center? I'm hoping that Rachal is allowed to walk as an UFA because he sucks. I'm also hoping that we re-sign Snyder while Kilgore develops so we can keep our starting OL intact. Drafting a center to replace Goodwin should be the team's number one priority in regards to backup linemen.

Can definitely see us drafting an OG and/or C but not in round one and would be surprised if we draft an OT.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Is Beeler the backup center? If so, forget what I said. LOL.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C depth chart
Goodwin
Snyder
Beeler
Kilgore

Not having seen much of Beeler/Kilgore, I'd say they're pretty much interchangeable at this point.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
C depth chart
Goodwin
Snyder
Beeler
Kilgore

Not having seen much of Beeler/Kilgore, I'd say they're pretty much interchangeable at this point.
Kilgore was an OT kicking inside to guard. I believe they hoped he'd pick up both positions while Person would pick up both T and G.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kilgore was an OT kicking inside to guard. I believe they hoped he'd pick up both positions while Person would pick up both T and G.
Kilgore was drafted to play the interior. I think the days of him playing tackle are over. Wouldnt surprise me to see him gets some snaps at Center in the off-season. If we dont bring in another interior lineman via free agency, we'll need someone to back-up both OG and Center. Kilgore seems like a guy capable of pulling it off.

When I look at things, I look at them from a 53 perspective. We kept Kilgore and Person on the 53 last year because we liked their potential and didnt want to risk them being exposed on the PS. That speaks to how much they obviously like each of them. So last year we kept 9 O-Lineman. Rachal is leaving. So that opens up one spot for a potential draft pick or free agent. Is Synder rerurning? That will be a ? that wont be answered until free agency roles around. So as I see it, we have one, potentially two spots for a draft pick to come in and earn a spot. Or if they really 'wow' the staff, they could possibly knock Person or Kilgore futher down the dpeth chart.

One thing I learned from Baalke last year is that he puts a price tag on each player and he doesn't budge off that number. So all our free agents pretty much have a value already assigned to them. A price that we feel they are worth. And if they dont return, we already have a plan in place to address it. Now being that last year, the draft was before free agency, we drafted for needs almost exclusively. Every year we have needs but this year, I see us looking at the draft not so much for starters as much as providing depth at places we' re currently thin or losing depth via free agency. Only position we might be looking at opening day contributions is WR. Maybe OLB, depending if Brooks is retained. But all other positions we pretty much either have a starter in waiting or a guy there pretty much entrenched as the starter.
Closed Thread