Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-13-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Can the Bucs request a portion of that overage, or is it all or nothing?
From what I've read, a portion can be requested, but I'm not 100% sure of that. I think a lot of people are still learning about the ins/outs of the new CBA.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss is coming out of retirement queuing Dan in 3 2.......
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Randy Moss is coming out of retirement queuing Dan in 3 2.......
Yep yep....im not really surprised at all. And while I dont care now since its past, what pissed me off the most is that no one in SF at the very least contacted Moss just to gauge his interest. Failing sucks but whats even worse is not trying to suceed at all. UGH.

*thinks of what could have been if SF contacted Moss* :(
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
But several other teams have a stockpile of cap-space to outbid. It can be a blessing AND a curse.
True but those teams can outbid if the player is still a free agent on March 13th. I dont see Smith leaving period of he would have done so last summer. I see Goldson being franchised so he's not going anywhere. The only other player in the top three is Brooks and I would re-sign him fast. Dont know if the team can talk to impending FA's now or not but if they can, they better move their asses.

Snyder will cost a in the $3m or so range but the other FA's shouldnt be too much money to keep. Of course, im also basing this on Rogers leaving.

Either way, this is the year to do something. We dont need much in FA except a playmaking receiver. I would front load a lot of money this year so I have extra room next year to re-sign Sopoaga, Walker, etc. and extend others like Bowman. A year from now, we wont have any major holes and will just need to re-sign and extend our own players.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Yep yep....im not really surprised at all. And while I dont care now since its past, what pissed me off the most is that no one in SF at the very least contacted Moss just to gauge his interest. Failing sucks but whats even worse is not trying to suceed at all. UGH.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It must be nice living in Dan's world where one aging and decling WR changes the fortunes of a entire franchise. I also find it funny this notion of because we didnt go out and sign a Owens or a Moss that we were somehow 'not trying'. Like signing either of those two 'has-beens' meant we were all but assured to be basking in the glow of Lombardi #6 at this moment. No one knows what would have been, had Baalke tired to lure Moss out of retirement. But Im more inclined to believe that Harbaalke knew better than to ask a guy fresh off his couch and fresh off a season where he was bounce around from one team to another, to come in and be the savior of our passing game. Sounds too much like a fairytale to me.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell if we signed moss we might as well sign Manning .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Hell if we signed moss we might as well sign Manning .
Might as well fire Harbaugh, trade Patrick Willis, and tell Justin Smith to retire.

Might as well.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Oh please. If Moss still has his speed, can you really say that he wouldnt have helped us against the Giants? Come on...Crabtree 1 rec for 3 yards. And everyone else did nothing. Even as a decoy, Moss would have been worth the risk for a few weeks. And with the chance to win a SB, Moss wouldnt have caused any problems and even if he did or we still lose, he would be gone anyway so whats the harm?

Sorry, but if Moss plays in 2012 and still has his speed, he's going to help whatever team he goes to and say whatever you want about him or Owens but at least on the field, both are still better than Crabtree, Morgan, Williams, Ginn and Swain. UGH.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

In other news, Freddie Solomon passed away at 59 after battling colon and liver cancer. Rest in peace Freddie.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Quote:
Old 02-13-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
It must be nice living in Dan's world where one aging and decling WR changes the fortunes of a entire franchise. I also find it funny this notion of because we didnt go out and sign a Owens or a Moss that we were somehow 'not trying'. Like signing either of those two 'has-beens' meant we were all but assured to be basking in the glow of Lombardi #6 at this moment. No one knows what would have been, had Baalke tired to lure Moss out of retirement. But Im more inclined to believe that Harbaalke knew better than to ask a guy fresh off his couch and fresh off a season where he was bounce around from one team to another, to come in and be the savior of our passing game. Sounds too much like a fairytale to me.
We werent trying. We released Edwards who sucked and replaced him with Brett Swain or Joe Hastings or whoever the crapper was. Yeah, offensively whats our number one weakness right now??? Why, its a speed receiver on the outside who can spread out the secondary and whats that you say? Our number one priority in FA is a playmaking receiver to start opposite Crabtree??? Nah, no way. How could that be??? I mean our receivers did awesome in the Giants game. I only wish that I could have played as good as them in that game. Yep yep.

Sarcasm aside, the one weapon that we're going after is what we needed for our playoff run. And even if we didnt win the SB, how does signing Moss (or Owens) for six weeks hurt us long term? Answer....it doesnt. We had a chance to get to and win the SB and im sorry, if you subtract VD, we get blown out against the Saints and be one and done. But he cant do it alone. Crabtree is a decent at best receiver. We need a legitimate speed threat on the outside opposite Crabtree and until we get that, our offense will continue to suck especially in the redzone and instead of focusing on trying to improve inside the redzone 100%, why not get a receiver who can catch the ball outside the 20 and score TD's to where we wont even be in that situation to begin with?

Bottom line -

Crabtree 1 rec, 3 yds
All other WR's combined - nothing

Seriously, how the **** could Moss (and/or Owens) have done any worse than that?

I just find it funny that everyone here all of a sudden wants a legitimate number one receiver like Bowe, either Jackson, etc. but yet, I dont remember anyone saying that back in December. All everyone here was saying was that yeah, a practice squad guy is going to be elevated and oh my, a PS guy??? That guy will be the answer. Yeah, right. Sorry, but we had a chance to win our 6th SB and considering the last ******* decade of pure crap, why anyone here would be against contacting Moss/Owens back in December to help our offense for the playoffs in order to try to win the SB is ******* beyond me.

Instead, everyone here looks at ...he's an asshole, he's a problem...big deal. So is Crabtree and I dont see anyone wanting him gone and dont give me that he's young excuse because compared to Moss/Owens, Crabtree sucks and will never ever be number one receiver for us period and if he does, I will literally kiss everyone's ass here.

Everyone here bashes me because im a T.O. fanboy and like Moss too but considering who our receivers are, can anyone really blame me for wanting either or both for SIX weeks? We have average at best receivers and now, all of a sudden, our number one priority in FA is a WR and thats what everyone here all of a sudden wants.

I look at it this way - we had a chance to win our 6th SB and what did we need the most on our offense - another receiver and despite whatever crap, its for six weeks and even if we still lose and Owens/Moss bashes the team or whatever, who the **** cares when he would be gone anyway??? It would have been a six week rental and thats it. To me, the gamble would have easily been worth the risk but instead, here we are heading into FA and whats our number one need and priority??? Oh yeah, thats right, its at the position that we needed eight weeks ago.

But yeah, my idea doesnt make any sense or its fantasy or whatever. For six weeks, who gives a ****!!! What's the worse that could happen??? We lose??? Oh wait, we did.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, we can blame you. I don't know why you have a hard-on for ancient players who are either unhealthy (Owens) or lost most of his speed and did NOTHING for 3 separate teams the last season he played (Moss.)

I agree that WR needs to be upgraded, and NEEDED to be upgraded before the playoffs. However, there are lesser-known players that can offer more than these "has-beens" with name-recognition.

Dan Snyder played this game for over a decade. There's a reason the Redskins have sucked. And it's not for the owner's willingness to pay old, washed-up players to come to his team.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give it a rest Dan. I think Harbaugh and Baalke have earned our trust. If they didn't feel T.O. and/or Moss was a good idea, then I 100% back that stance. Owens knee is garbage now and Moss was horrendous 2 years ago when he played for ******* 3 ******* teams in the first 8 weeks.

Let me clue you in on something ... just because someone has speed, doesn't mean all the ills of the offense will somehow be cured.

Let me clue you in on something else .... the Giants dropped 7 guys in coverage for most of that game. Moss would have done absolutely nothing except run deep for the majority of the first half and then quit the rest of the game when he realized that it would have been monumentally stupid for Alex to attempt to throw to him.

But hey, let's not let stupid things like defensive strategy and ... you know ... common sense get in the way of a good bitchfest.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes, we can blame you. I don't know why you have a hard-on for ancient players who are either unhealthy (Owens) or lost most of his speed and did NOTHING for 3 separate teams the last season he played (Moss.)

I agree that WR needs to be upgraded, and NEEDED to be upgraded before the playoffs. However, there are lesser-known players that can offer more than these "has-beens" with name-recognition.

Dan Snyder played this game for over a decade. There's a reason the Redskins have sucked. And it's not for the owner's willingness to pay old, washed-up players to come to his team.
Fine, go ahead and blame me. I dont know why people have a softie just because they dont like Owens/Moss for whatever reason. Who gives a damn as long as he gives you an added chance to win a SB?

As for Owens not being healthy and Moss losing his speed, what does either have to do with just bringing them in for a workout and meeting? And yeah, I was hoping that they would have signed either or both but it was just for the playoff run. I dont want or care about either now. I just wanted to see SF sign a WR who might at the very least be a damn good decoy and open things up for everyone else which would have been a lot better than what we saw in the playoffs.

Lesser known players??? What lesser known players were available back in December who were better or whatever compared to Owens/Moss? Wait, I got one...Joe Hastings. Yep, that guy was awesome for us.

As for NOW, 2012, I want DeSean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson and Pierre Garcon in that order. DeSean Jackson and Bowe will most likely be franchised. Wallace is an RFA. That leave Vincent Jackson (who the Rams are heavily rumored to want to go after) and Garcon who could still re-sign with the Colts.

Add in the fact that if the Cardinals sign Manning which is a definite possibility, they become a huge threat. And thats even if Manning's arm strength is only 50%.

I just look at it this way - 2011 was a great chance to win our 6th SB and when you look at ARZ, STL and SEA, all three teams will be upgrading their team and quite honestly, im mostly worried about the Cardinals because if they do get Manning and he's just half as good as what he was, he'll still make them a legitimate SB contender and adding that is another reason why I would have went after Owens/Moss back in December after Edwards was released.

As for Snyder, I never said that I would sign these old guys to long term deals. My intention with Moss/Owens would have been a playoff rental with the hopes of winning our 6th SB period.

And its funny, there's rumors that the 49ers could be interested in Moss now. LOL. I dont want him now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...atriots_021312

Minimal rumor for Moss. The funny thing is that if we somehow sign him, I would love to read everyone's response.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Give it a rest Dan. I think Harbaugh and Baalke have earned our trust. If they didn't feel T.O. and/or Moss was a good idea, then I 100% back that stance. Owens knee is garbage now and Moss was horrendous 2 years ago when he played for ******* 3 ******* teams in the first 8 weeks.

Let me clue you in on something ... just because someone has speed, doesn't mean all the ills of the offense will somehow be cured.

Let me clue you in on something else .... the Giants dropped 7 guys in coverage for most of that game. Moss would have done absolutely nothing except run deep for the majority of the first half and then quit the rest of the game when he realized that it would have been monumentally stupid for Alex to attempt to throw to him.

But hey, let's not let stupid things like defensive strategy and ... you know ... common sense get in the way of a good bitchfest.
I never said everything on offense would be cured but seriously, what did Swain and Hastings cure? They cured even less than nothing. And while the Giants dropped seven in coverage, VD was still able to beat them but there was no one else to help them. And you forget something - Moss/Owens would both be motivated because we were already in the playoffs and they, like us would have had a chance to win a SB.

And while he was in his prime back in 1994, we signed CB Deion Sanders and won a SB and that was basically a half year rental but we won.

Looking at what could happen in 2012 in regards to our schedule, our division most likely getting better, players that we may lose in FA and whatnot, we had a chance to win our 6th SB and everyone here knows the element that was missing and is what nearly everyone here wants this off-season in FA and management blew it by at the very least not trying. Dont tell me elevating hastings is trying because its nowhere close. Mind as well have signed anyone here instead because the results would have been the same - nothing.

But fine, whatever. Get mad at me for wanting to go the extra mile and take a chance to possibly win a SB instead of standing pat and failing.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan, Borat's point....and mines as well is that the Giants were dropping into coverage and asking Alex to make stick throws, throws into tight windows. So whether we had Moss, Owens, DJax, Jesus Christ himself, it wouldn't have mattered because Alex didnt want to risk driving the ball downfield, into coverage. I dont think it was necessarily about lack of playmakers on the outside as it was a philosphy that Alex had played with all year....dont make mistakes, take what the defense gives you. That philosphy took us all the way to the NFCCG. And if we dont turn the ball over twice, it might have actually took us to the SB. So for someone to suggest we lost the game based on WR play, or lack there of I just think is not accurate. Intially after the game, I too thought the guys on the outside had let us down, but after watching the game a couple times since, its clear that our passing concepts and how the Giants defended it, played more of a role.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-13-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:

Dan thinks it's 1998 again LMFAO.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Dan, Borat's point....and mines as well is that the Giants were dropping into coverage and asking Alex to make stick throws, throws into tight windows. So whether we had Moss, Owens, DJax, Jesus Christ himself, it wouldn't mattered because Alex didnt want to risk driving the ball downfield, into coverage. I dont think it was necessarily about lack of playmakers on the outside as it was a philosphy that Alex had played with all year....dont make mistakes, take what the defense gives you. That philosphy took us all the way to the NFCCG. And if we dont turn the ball over twice, it might have actually took us to the SB. So for someone to suggest we lost the game based on WR play, or lack there of I just think is not accurate.
I didnt say that we lost the game based on the lack of plays from the WR's but let's be honest, that hurt badly. As for Smith throwing into coverage, of course he's not going to throw into coverage when his receivers are Crabtree, Williams, Swain and Hastings. Come on. Sorry but I do believe that Moss/Owens would have helped a lot more than those four receivers and provide a threat other than VD who if you subtract, we get blown out by the Saints.

And I have no problem with how Smith played but again, lets be honest. If it was a Vincent Jackson who's 6'5 230 or a Bowe or a Moss/Owens, do you still think that he would have played it safe especially at the end when you have nothing to lose anyway? I dont. I think that Smith would have taken chances. I do think that Harbaugh would have told him to take the chance if they had signed Moss/Owens because what would be the point in signing either or both if you're not going to take the chance of throwing to them down field? Thats why I think they stayed with who they had. Harbaugh didnt want to risk Smith's confidence being shot if he was to screw up. With a high profile receiver like Owens/Moss, Harbaugh would have been inclined to tell Smith to take shots downfield but I look at it this way - playing consertative using wins you one thing - nothing. I rather have seen Moss/Owens and Smith being aggressive and taking shots downfield and still lose as opposed to what happened because then, at least they took their shots...it just didnt work instead of not taking shots at all.

But fine, whatever. I'll continue to believe and think my way. You and everyone else believe and think what you want.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Lesser known players??? What lesser known players were available back in December who were better or whatever compared to Owens/Moss? Wait, I got one...Joe Hastings. Yep, that guy was awesome for us.
Hastings did exactly what a broken-hinged Owens and flat-tired Moss would've done. Absolutely nothing. At least Hastings was with the team the entire season and knew the playbook.

What Randy Moss and Terrell Owens do you remember? Now look at the 2010 versions of them. Then tear one of their knees up, and take the speed away from the other one. Then sit them both out for an entire year.

They're not the same players. Why not bring Jerry back?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
From what I've read, a portion can be requested, but I'm not 100% sure of that. I think a lot of people are still learning about the ins/outs of the new CBA.
Found this

Under Article 13, Section 6(b)(v) of the CBA, 'each team may carry over any remaining cap room from one year to the next by submitting written notice, signed by the owner of the team, to the league office no later than 14 days before the start of the next league year. The written notice must indicate the maximum amount of cap room that the team wishes to shift from one cap year to the next.'

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure Dan's right. Signing an ageing great WR at the end of their career would bring a Superbowl for sure, just like last time.

Championship.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Bruce was a mentor to some of the younger WRs in the locker room. Can't say Moss or Owens will do the same.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how Dan is preaching aggression over conservatism when it was Kyle Williams' aggression that cost them the most.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

New topic: Should the 9ers make a run at Mike Tolbert?

I think he's a perfect compliment to Gore. Kind of what I thought Anthony Dixon was going to become. He's a strong redzone runner where Gore is weak. You can still mix in Hunter on 3rd downs. And hopefully keeps Gore fresher for the playoffs. Seems like a great fit to me.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
New topic: Should the 9ers make a run at Mike Tolbert?

I think he's a perfect compliment to Gore. Kind of what I thought Anthony Dixon was going to become. He's a strong redzone runner where Gore is weak. You can still mix in Hunter on 3rd downs. And hopefully keeps Gore fresher for the playoffs. Seems like a great fit to me.
I thought about it, but we really have bigger fish to fry in free agency. And really dont see the Chargers letting him walk with a injury-prone Matthews as your lone opiton in the backfield. Honestly it wouldnt surprise me if they franchised him.