Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-08-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin reminds me more of Aaron Rodgers physically and in playing style than Mike Vick. RGIII is a functional runner( a bit better than that because of his straight line speed), better than most but not someone with the elite run ability of a RB. And most of Grif's run plays at Baylor were from play design, not him bolting from the pocket after his first read was locked up.

The biggest reason I don't like the Vick comparison is because Grif's maturity, work ethic and raw intellectual firepower IMO are superior to MV.

RGIII is going to be able to process the game mentally at a level I don't think Vick ever has or will.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 02-08-2012 at 11:58 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Griffin reminds me more of Aaron Rodgers physically and in playing style than Mike Vick. RGIII is a functional runner( a bit better than that because of his straight line speed), better than most but not someone with the elite run ability of a RB. And most of Grif's run plays at Baylor were from play design, not him bolting from the pocket after his first read was locked up.

The biggest reason I don't like the Vick comparison is because Grif's maturity, work ethic and raw intellectual firepower IMO are superior to MV.

RGIII is going to be able to process the game mentally at a level I don't Vick ever has or will.
I agree with most or all of that. In addition Griffin is just not the athlete that Vick is/was.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how people just conveniently ignore that Griffin was hurt on more than one occasion in college. Durability matters. It may not be as interesting a topic of discussion as arm strength or athleticism, but it's no less important. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Griffin have major durability issues in the NFL.

Am I saying Luck will never be hurt? No. Nobody thought Stafford would miss so much time, but an objective analysis suggests Luck is less likely to have durability issues than Griffin.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I agree with most or all of that. In addition Griffin is just not the athlete that Vick is/was.
Exactly, plus the dude is just flat out smart. I'm all in on the Griffin train, and I may prove to be wrong, but the dude is a QB who just happens to be fast.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Honestly, I don't see Luck as the GREATEST PROSPECT SCOUTED in the past 20 years, like quite a few draft analysts and prospects have claimed.

I think he's worthy of the number 1 pick, but I think Stafford was a better prospect coming out than Andrew Luck and he didn't recieve that much hype.

Griffen is smart, athletic, and more accurate and throws a much better deep ball than Luck. ONly difference is Griffen didn't play in a pro offense.

It's actually a toss up and I think Indy will have more thinking to do with making this decision than some think.
Stafford is a better physical talent, but in terms of field vision, recognition, understanding quandrants, planes, Luck is really on another level, which is no disrespect to Stafford. Few college coaches ask their QB's to do as much as Luck did.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Luck is the most talented QB to come out ever. I think what people are arguing, including myself, is that in the past decade+, Luck is the best QB prospect in terms of upside AND readiness. Doesn't mean he can't bust, or not reach that high ceiling, but even with the new contract rules, the belief in his readiness, IMO, gives him a significant edge over RG3, who, as I noted on page 2, I like a lot more than I did at the beginning of the 2011 college season, as he really took huge strides this year.

I also like Luck mechanically a lot more than RG3. Not that RG3 has bad mechanics, but his seem to break down a fair bit more. Of course, he played on Baylor, which is a factor, as he was often moving around trying to create something. But RG3's ceiling is much higher.

Could I understand it if the Colts went with RG3? Sure. Just wouldn't agree with it.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I should also say about RG3 is that I think his scrambling ability translates better to the NFL than college.

The Big-12 is a very, very zone-centric conference. RG3 ran a lot of read-option, but that wasn't the foundation of what they did offensively (like an Oregon). They were really a run-n-shoot team that ran read-option because they had a fast QB.

In the NFL, he'll see way more pure man coverage (especially early). Man coverage (especially 2-man), to an athletic QB, is heaven.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Inspector71
Rookie

Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
One thing I should also say about RG3 is that I think his scrambling ability translates better to the NFL than college.

The Big-12 is a very, very zone-centric conference. RG3 ran a lot of read-option, but that wasn't the foundation of what they did offensively (like an Oregon). They were really a run-n-shoot team that ran read-option because they had a fast QB.

In the NFL, he'll see way more pure man coverage (especially early). Man coverage (especially 2-man), to an athletic QB, is heaven.
This is a great point and one that almost nobody has pointed out. Also, Qb's like RG3 really help i nthe running game because they cause the backside players to pause for a split second to make sure it's not a naked boot.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Luck OFC. RG3 is more of a boom or bust. I am not set on RG3 since he is more of a risk to draft. So OFC Luck will have to be the first pick since he is less risky.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully RG3 blows up the combine. The Rams need at least 2 teams fall in love with him.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Hopefully RG3 blows up the combine. The Rams need at least 2 teams fall in love with him.
I think that it will probably happen as long as he checks out well size wise. He will impress with his physical attributes and he is a good kid who will impress in interviews. Some team will fall in love and make a play for a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For comparison sakes, can somebody list the height/weight of these QB's ?

Luck
RG3
Newton
Stafford
Bradford
Ryan
Old 02-09-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the official #'s from the combine for these guys from what I got.

Newton -6'5" 248lbs

Stafford - 6'2.25" 227lbs

Ryan - 6'5" 228lbs

Bradford 6'4.25" 236 lbs

Luck is listed at 6'4" 235 lbs (which looks about right from what I've seen)

RG3 is listed at 6'2" 220 lbs

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 02-09-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Thanks for looking them up
Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Bradford must have a 12" schlinky, because he doesn't look that heavy.

Last edited by armageddon : 02-09-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Bradford must have a 12" schlinky, because he doesn't look at heavy.
He must have put on weight just for the combine because he is now listed on NFL.com at 224. Heck Ryan is listed at 214 now.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-13-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I honestly don't think any NFL coach, scout, or front office person with a clue would take Griffin over Luck. There may be a select few people in these jobs that would, but I doubt they're top level decision makers. This debate exists more in the minds of fans and media members who want to fuel interest in the Draft. Luck is bigger, taller, more polished and has no history of injuries.
I agree with this. No one can predict the future but Andrew Luck is the QB I would want to build my team around.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:26 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
He must have put on weight just for the combine because he is now listed on NFL.com at 224. Heck Ryan is listed at 214 now.
Yes he did - basically all he could do to answer the durability concerns.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote