Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Are the UFC games any fun? I might try getting the 3rd one on the 14th.
If you're an mma enthusiast you'll appreciate stuff like the simple transitions on the ground and if you're not just looking for a fun game you'll appreciate the simplistic feel they added to it.

Also I'll be enthrawled in mass effect 3 for about 4 months straight lol.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd recommend EA Sports MMA over the UFC games 7 days a week. And it's probably way cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

part of me wants ssx to be as good as 1080 snowboarding was to me, but im not very confident to say the least
Old 02-06-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I'd recommend EA Sports MMA over the UFC games 7 days a week. And it's probably way cheaper.
Normally I'd say yes but THQ took off an entire year to retool the entire game engine and game mechanics.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get the new UFC game. Demo is fun and the past ones have been pretty good too. I also enjoy the career mode a lot more than I did the EA Sports version.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked up my copy of KoA: Reckoning last night and gave it a 2 hour run....fantastic!!! Right from the get go it won me over.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm coming in just to say how amazingly awesome and worth every penny dark souls has been. It is LITERALLY, way too time consuming with how much content it has which is awesome. About timewe started getting some bang for our buck. And I'm a huge fan of the difficulty, another pet peeve of mine is how easy games have become. Very happy I got the special edition at gamestop for only 30 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I picked up my copy of KoA: Reckoning last night and gave it a 2 hour run....fantastic!!! Right from the get go it won me over.
You can tell I havent been paying attention to video games lately. I didnt realize it was even out yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm coming in just to say how amazingly awesome and worth every penny dark souls has been. It is LITERALLY, way too time consuming with how much content it has which is awesome. About timewe started getting some bang for our buck. And I'm a huge fan of the difficulty, another pet peeve of mine is how easy games have become. Very happy I got the special edition at gamestop for only 30 bucks.
If you hate easy games, don't get KoA:Reckoning. Unless you b-line the main quest, you are basically going to be overpowered 99% of the game even on normal.

edit: It's a really good game, but it's way too easy.

They need to zoom the camera out some and improve the draw distance though. Those are among the two biggest pet peeves I have with the game.

Last edited by descendency : 02-09-2012 at 01:56 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

UFC got a 9.0.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm going to go off a little bit on skyrim. Seriously I don't get it. Both my roommates have it, one just got it four days ago and already beat it, and I just watched him kill the saddest excuse for a final boss in the history of gaming. I don't think he got hit once. And the big selling points on the dragons? These are seriously the saddest excuse for dragons I've ever seen in anything, the ******* kid's dragon from Pete's dragon could of killed that thing. And I also want to mention how it's oblivion with dragons, there really weren't that many changes made to the game. For something that gets rated so highly (and my roommate hasn't shut up about how it's game of the year) I just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I'm going to go off a little bit on skyrim. Seriously I don't get it. Both my roommates have it, one just got it four days ago and already beat it, and I just watched him kill the saddest excuse for a final boss in the history of gaming. I don't think he got hit once. And the big selling points on the dragons? These are seriously the saddest excuse for dragons I've ever seen in anything, the ******* kid's dragon from Pete's dragon could of killed that thing. And I also want to mention how it's oblivion with dragons, there really weren't that many changes made to the game. For something that gets rated so highly (and my roommate hasn't shut up about how it's game of the year) I just don't get it.
For one, you don't just "beat it." Beat the relatively short main quest? Sure. But there 4 faction quests and another component to the main quest to go through. Plus umpteen million side and miscellaneous quests.

Also, if your friend was having that easy of a time with it, he may want to bump up the difficulty slider. Upping it to the maximum setting and getting hit by one burst of dragon breath can kill you.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Normally I'd say yes but THQ took off an entire year to retool the entire game engine and game mechanics.
HEY, OTHER SPORTS GAME MAKERS.....PAY ATTENTION
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm going to play My Player mode on 2k11 for the rest of my life.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's basically medieval Fallout, si?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So I'm getting UFC from GameStop instea of best buy (where I normally) get all my games because GameStop gives you this.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

^^^ I would only care if I could e-sesh with digital Nick Diaz.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
For one, you don't just "beat it." Beat the relatively short main quest? Sure. But there 4 faction quests and another component to the main quest to go through. Plus umpteen million side and miscellaneous quests.

Also, if your friend was having that easy of a time with it, he may want to bump up the difficulty slider. Upping it to the maximum setting and getting hit by one burst of dragon breath can kill you.
Skyrim is a fantastic game. There is a reason it's getting the amount of praise there is. It's just such a vast world, so much things to do. Love the side quests, daedric quests, guild, hell even the main quest was pretty good in Skyrim.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only thing I don't like about skyrim is how repetitive the locations get. Every dungeon looks just like the last. My only gripe.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Only thing I don't like about skyrim is how repetitive the locations get. Every dungeon looks just like the last. My only gripe.
Not as bad as Dragon Age 2...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Not as bad as Dragon Age 2...
Dragon Age 2 and Final Fantasy XIII...easily the worst two games I've ever spent money on.

I have no idea what they were thinking with DA2. Origins was fantastic...2 was, at best, like Origin's ******** cousin.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Just picked up UFC and I'm downloading the ME3 demo. Today will be a great day.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Dragon Age 2 and Final Fantasy XIII...easily the worst two games I've ever spent money on.

I have no idea what they were thinking with DA2. Origins was fantastic...2 was, at best, like Origin's ******** cousin.
I liked FFXIII until around Disc 3, and then it just got ********.

The alien story arc was -____- and junctioning made **** way too easy
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I liked FFXIII until around Disc 3, and then it just got ********.
There were zero side quests....character development was just stupid. It just had a hallway plot and that...was all.

And the fighting system...so stupid. You could only control one character and the others would just run willy nilly around the battlefield. Yet certain enemies could use sweep attacks to hit you all, and there was nothing you could do to spread out or anything like that.

It was just trash. The game had no redeeming qualities, especially for someone who has been playing the games in the series for years.

And, no, it wasn't just because it was "different." 7, 8, 9 and 10 were all wildly different from eachother yet I greatly enjoyed each one of them. 13 was awful.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

I'm ******** and can't read Roman Numerals and thought you meant FFVIII.

I never played XIII. I loved XII, though.