Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is true, I see guys taking pay cuts and stuff. Especially how tight knit this group of guys was. So many reports during this run that these group of guys were the true definition of a team, which was awesome to read.

the must keeps, IMO, are Weatherford, Chase, Tolly and I'd like to bring McKenzie back as well. Of course I want Mario back, but I'm just not confident he'll stay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this is true, I see guys taking pay cuts and stuff. Especially how tight knit this group of guys was. So many reports during this run that these group of guys were the true definition of a team, which was awesome to read.

the must keeps, IMO, are Weatherford, Chase, Tolly and I'd like to bring McKenzie back as well. Of course I want Mario back, but I'm just not confident he'll stay
Of course you want to keep the white people..
Old 02-15-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then McKenzie who acts like a white guy because he is on the OL with the rest of them. Scotty is racist!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
And then McKenzie who acts like a white guy because he is on the OL with the rest of them. Scotty is racist!!!
I've known this for a long time. McKenzie is the whitest person of all deep down.

But in all seriousness I don't mind keeping all those guys as long as they can be signed for cheap. Except for McKenzie. I really do think Beatty would be an upgrade over him. Which says a lot about how I think he's deteriorated. Unless he's willing to be signed cheaply and be depth, otherwise I say no.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want McKenzie back for depth purposes. It would be nice to have him and Boothe in case someone goes down.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been discovered! nooooooooooooooooo!

would it help that if we cut Jacobs, I say we go get Brian Leonard to replace him?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I've been discovered! nooooooooooooooooo!

would it help that if we cut Jacobs, I say we go get Brian Leonard to replace him?
Not to me!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I got yelled at on BBI for bringing this up, but do we cut Canty? He's certainly not worth what he's being paid. He's a two down player and we have a better one at that in Joseph. We would need to sign someone for depth, but they would certainly be much cheaper.
Maybe restructure him, but no way in hell do you cut him? He and Linval hold down the middle. Austin hasn't played ball in 3 years. Rocky B is old, and Jimmy Kennedy is depth.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Im not sure exactly

Also mckenzies $6m is off the books.

I don't know the exact numbers, but here is the ballpark numbers off the top of my head.

Eli is worth around $12m, I think Webster is in the area of $8m - $10

Rolle is probably worth $7-8m

After that it's the usual suspects, Tuck, Snee, Baas, Canty and Boley who are probably between $5m and $7m each

Jacobs is worth around $5m

Kiwi and Osi are worth around $4m each. Bradshaw and Diehl are probably around there as well.

Right there is around $80mil invested in 13 players.

That leaves around $40m for the next 38 contracts under the cap and it easily all adds up.

Thanks! Hopefully, we can get guys to restructure if not, then go from there. Jacobs and Osi will be the head line this off season for us and what to do with them, Osi especially.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Maybe restructure him, but no way in hell do you cut him? He and Linval hold down the middle. Austin hasn't played ball in 3 years. Rocky B is old, and Jimmy Kennedy is depth.
I'd like to restructure too, but re-structuring is often just pushing money around. He needs to take a straight cut. We could get someone to play at his level for half the money.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'd like to restructure too, but re-structuring is often just pushing money around. He needs to take a straight cut. We could get someone to play at his level for half the money.
I seriously doubt that. He's not as consistent as I'd like but when he's on few match him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Colts are reportedly concerned that Manning's neck problems are chronic and perhaps even genetic, as Peyton's brother Cooper was forced to give up football at a young age due to spinal stenosis.

That is not what I want to here about the Mannings.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

SHUT UP DAMIX!

i'll counter that bad news and thoughts with good news:

We gave Chad Jones a 2 year extension...which means we must be pleased with his rehab. what a story. I really wanna see him on the field
Quote:
Old 02-15-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
That is not what I want to here about the Mannings.
Ehh just delete that and never post it again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
SHUT UP DAMIX!

i'll counter that bad news and thoughts with good news:

We gave Chad Jones a 2 year extension...which means we must be pleased with his rehab. what a story. I really wanna see him on the field
He actually didn't sign an extension. He just restructured his last 2 years to bring down his base salary.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I don't follow any other sports except for NFL football. But this guy is starting to interest me. I had to check youtube videos over the hype. He is an interesting dude!

He is like Victor Cruz lite!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

I don't follow any other sports except for NFL football. But this guy is starting to interest me. I had to check youtube videos over the hype. He is an interesting dude!

He is like Victor Cruz lite!
Watch the Rangers, they are the best team in NY.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well by nature, I am a NJ fan for everything except baseball. I am a Braves fan, but I still don't really follow all the sports like I once did. All I care is Giants football, the rest just bores me.

Football is truly the greatest sport!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Watch the Rangers, they are the best team in NY.
Besides the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Besides the Giants.
Yes and no.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yes and no.
We all know regular season superiority in this town gets you nothing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty is overpaid. Having that said, he had an amazing year. Very underrated season, nobody noticed how dominant he was when he was on. During our playoff run he was one of the bigger pieces to that run. He's really come along this year and i'm hoping this was the year where the light came on and he learned how to play in a 4-3 bc he really was brilliant throughout the entire season and when he was peaking he was unblockable at times.

I think we can work around our salary cap issues. A lot of guys come off the books this season. We'll see a lot of roster turnover with our depth.

We'll probably lose Mario, Ross, Osi (trade), Bernard, McKenzie, Sintim (cut), Jacobs (cut), Goff, Grant, and some other lower level guys.

Expect a lot of roster turnover this year. That's the price you pay when you have a loaded roster, you can't keep it around forever. You gotta keep drafting well to keep depth and plug in holes you lose in FA.

I would like Canty to restructure, ditto for Rolle, but we'll see how it shapes up.

If we lose Mario, my favorite replacement would be Stevie Johnson (Mossssssssssssss), bc he ran choice routes in Buffalo and is much more consistent in his routes and can go deep, but chances are if we can't afford Mario, we can't afford Johnson.

The more I think about it, with our cap situation probably crippling our ability to get anyone in FA, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to go out and get a WR in round 1 if a good one is there at 32.

I'm looking at you Sanu. I'm looking at you dead in the face. Back me up Scotty.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually the more I think of it, the more I think Sanu should be the pick.

He'll definitely be BPA on the board at 32 unless Luke falls there somehow. The OT talent at 32 won't be strong enough to pass on Sanu for, the RB talent won't be good enough to pass on Sanu for, LB talent won't be good enough at MIKE, nor TE talent, nor DE, nor CB.

Sanu will definitely be the best available guy on the board at 32. And I LOOOOVE Sanu. Reminds me so much of Hakeem Nicks. And it's vital to our offense to have 3 vertical threats at WR. He'd be cheaper than Mario, and an upgrade to Mario.

Let's get Sanu. I think I'm on the Sanu bandwagon.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Plus Sanu gives us leverage when Hakeem's contract comes up. If Sanu can be as good as I think he can be, it won't be imperative to re-sign Hakeem. Sanu can be just as good as Nicks.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

YES YES YES YES YES
BBD is on the Sanu train!
Hi-five Zak! we did it!
It was a matter of time BBD, you were so close on the fence, now we're bringing you in with us.
It makes sense too, it really does. Nicks-Cruz-Sanu? filthy. Plus, between him and cruz, we'd be chanting "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"'s all game long.

And, with enough money, we bring back chase, him at MLB so we don't need Lofton and use all that money on going after Ray Rice! amirite?
Quote: