Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I thought this was funny. New sign at the woody hayes athletic center:

Just looked it up, and as I suspected you also have to apply for Michigan's engineering program, in addition to their business school (which I previously mentioned is nearly impossible to get into). I have a feeling this has more to do with it than OSU expecting more than the team up north from their student athletes.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriforgot View Post
- I'm really excited for the Michigan State/Boise State game to kickoff the season. I know Boise's probably not going to be as good as the past couple years, but I am a fan of Petersen and the work he's done with them.

- The Spartans are going to have a solid, but unspectacular year; somewhere around 8-4. A lot of questions on the offensive side of the ball at QB and WR. Andrew Maxwell played good in mp up duty, but can he play as well as the starter? And as alluded to earlier, if Arnett gets his waiver to play immediately, he's one of the starting WRs, alongside Bennie Fowler. I also expect one of the freshman wideouts to get a lot of playing time this season.

- Fortunately, the running game should be powerful, with Bell and Caper back, plus Nick Hill will probably get some more looks in the backfield. The offensive line should be stout again this year, with starting experience at all positions except left guard.

- The defense should be the best part of the Spartans this year, as the majority of the starters are back. Gholston and Rush should have good years coming off the defensive end positions. I expected Chris Norman to have a breakout year last year, with Greg Jones gone, but it never really happened. We'll see if he can become an impact player this year.

- As far as other teams go, I look forward to seeing how much Minnesota improves. I've always liked them, oddly, and would like to see them make some steps forward.

Also, I like Jordan Hall, I don't know why, but he's always been an interesting player to watch.

And any OSU fans know what ever happened to James Jackson? I know he transferred out to some smaller school, but I never really heard why. I figured it's because he realized he can't play football. >.>
Good Writeup. Still think you guys will be better than 8-4 this season. Love the running game and the front seven defenders are good to very good.

That will get you a lot of wins. I liked cousins as a person but his game was average. I doubt that you miss him too much.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Michigan State will do better than 8-4 as well, if for no other reason than the Big Ten looks weak this year. Of the top tier teams, only Michigan is likely to be improved (or OSU, but they certainly weren't top tier last year). Some lower-tier teams could improve (Minnesota and Indiana can't get much worse) but I'm not sure that's a major threat to Michigan State.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
mriforgot
Rookie

mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think Michigan State will do better than 8-4 as well, if for no other reason than the Big Ten looks weak this year. Of the top tier teams, only Michigan is likely to be improved (or OSU, but they certainly weren't top tier last year). Some lower-tier teams could improve (Minnesota and Indiana can't get much worse) but I'm not sure that's a major threat to Michigan State.
I just feel like there will be a lot of close games this season, with the passing game iffy at the outset.

Games that worry me this season: Notre Dame (always play oddly against them), Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, w/ Iowa and Northwestern seeming like a threat to beat us every year. I think somewhere between those games is 3-4 losses.
mriforgot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin and Iowa have some serious holes to fill. Northwestern has been hanging onto mediocrity by a thread for years now. Not really sure how Nebraska's looking for next year.

I guess 4 losses is realistic though, now that I look at the list.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Minnesota-UNLV opener has been moved from Saturday to Thursday (Aug 30) meaning that it almost assuredly be on some ESPN network or nationally on BTN.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Just looked it up, and as I suspected you also have to apply for Michigan's engineering program, in addition to their business school (which I previously mentioned is nearly impossible to get into). I have a feeling this has more to do with it than OSU expecting more than the team up north from their student athletes.
What does this have to do with their football team?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
What does this have to do with their football team?
Don't mind him, looking at his collective posting history on the B1G he obviously has a Napoleon complex.

OSU is pretty highly thought of for a giant public university. Admissions are much more difficult now than 15 years ago. It's definitely not as good as UM in the majority of majors, but it's not a joke to get into anymore. Standards are pretty high for a school with such a large student population.

It's definitely not a bad school (you could have said that about 20-30 years ago). Across the board it matches up with a school like UT.

Regardless, comparing the collective intelligence of football players of BCS football programs outside of a handful of schools (Stanford, Notre Dame, and Vandy come to mind) is like having a tallest midget contest.

Yes, there are outlier players that are intelligent and educated. But OSU and UM are not shining examples of having a lot of those.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Don't mind him, looking at his collective posting history on the B1G he obviously has a Napoleon complex.

OSU is pretty highly thought of for a giant public university. Admissions are much more difficult now than 15 years ago. It's definitely not as good as UM in the majority of majors, but it's not a joke to get into anymore. Standards are pretty high for a school with such a large student population.

It's definitely not a bad school (you could have said that about 20-30 years ago). Across the board it matches up with a school like UT.

Regardless, comparing the collective intelligence of football players of BCS football programs outside of a handful of schools (Stanford, Notre Dame, and Vandy come to mind) is like having a tallest midget contest.

Yes, there are outlier players that are intelligent and educated. But OSU and UM are not shining examples of having a lot of those.
Napoleon Complex? Based on what? Do you even understand what that is? For all you know I'm 6'6''.

Also, how it relates to football players? The picture was posted that showed OSU having more players in Engineering and Business and that was supposedly some sort of statement that these players pushed themselves harder than those from Michigan. I refuted that by simply suggesting that MAYBE this had something to do with that you can't just show up at UM and say "I'm an engineering major" or "I'm a business major" like you can at OSU thus making those comparisons apples and oranges. I wasn't discussing the intelligence of the two teams at all but I will happily discuss yours if you'd like.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Napoleon Complex? Based on what? Do you even understand what that is? For all you know I'm 6'6''.

Also, how it relates to football players? The picture was posted that showed OSU having more players in Engineering and Business and that was supposedly some sort of statement that these players pushed themselves harder than those from Michigan. I refuted that by simply suggesting that MAYBE this had something to do with that you can't just show up at UM and say "I'm an engineering major" or "I'm a business major" like you can at OSU thus making those comparisons apples and oranges. I wasn't discussing the intelligence of the two teams at all but I will happily discuss yours if you'd like.
Apparently you don't understand context.
Napoleon Complex: "Napoleon complex is an informal term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex which is said to affect some people, especially men, who are short in stature. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives."

You love to harp on the short comings of OSU, in this case, on the academic side. So to spell it out, it was a dig on you. It was a joke for being OCD about slamming OSU for some reason or another to the degree that you do.

I think the whole comparison by Meyer is moronic, but that is beside the point.

Your insinuation here:
Quote:
I dare you to try and get into UofM's undergraduate business program. Maybe the fact that those programs up north require more than a pulse to get into has something to do with it.
was added to your statement here:
Quote:
to give anyone with the ability to string several posts of thoughts together that you were not only slamming OSU academics, but implying that the football players in those programs at UM were superior to those at OSU.

But like I said, it's a moronic statement by OSU football. Just because there are plenty of idiots on the UM football team (and there are plenty) there are just as many or more on the OSU team.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

OSU has a top 20 engineering school in the country, with as few as 20 graduates from the program a year (these stats are from the OSU sight so take it for what it is) I understand that it isn't necessarily on the same level as your school but don't act like they let just anyone in.

Regardless, this has little to do with football.

A more interesting and football related stat is 8 out of the last 10, as in: Ohio state has won 8 out of the last 10 games :) just saying

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 02-16-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

He's a Wisconsin fan.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Apparently you don't understand context.
Napoleon Complex: "Napoleon complex is an informal term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex which is said to affect some people, especially men, who are short in stature. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives."

You love to harp on the short comings of OSU, in this case, on the academic side. So to spell it out, it was a dig on you. It was a joke for being OCD about slamming OSU for some reason or another to the degree that you do.

I think the whole comparison by Meyer is moronic, but that is beside the point.

Your insinuation here:
was added to your statement here:

to give anyone with the ability to string several posts of thoughts together that you were not only slamming OSU academics, but implying that the football players in those programs at UM were superior to those at OSU.

But like I said, it's a moronic statement by OSU football. Just because there are plenty of idiots on the UM football team (and there are plenty) there are just as many or more on the OSU team.
Please enlighten me on my handicap if that's the case.

Actually I didn't harp on OSU's academics or athletes at all, in fact I never said one negative thing about them. You decided to connect dots that weren't there. I simply was making the point that the sign was dumb, as I pointed out in my last post, because at one of those schools you can show up and announce that you're an engineering or business student while at the other you need to go through another round of applications and an acceptance process. That is all I was saying. If you want to make a bigger deal out of it that is your prerogative. Seriously though, the only point I was trying to make was that the sign was dumb. I have no horses in this race whatsoever between those two schools so can we just end this conversation as you guys have made it a way bigger deal than was my intention?

Last edited by andyjo672 : 02-17-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He's a Wisconsin fan.
couldn't tell :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-17-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Please enlighten me on my handicap if that's the case.

Actually I didn't harp on OSU's academics or athletes at all, in fact I never said one negative thing about them. You decided to connect dots that weren't there. I simply was making the point that the sign was dumb, as I pointed out in my last post, because at one of those schools you can show up and announce that you're an engineering or business student while at the other you need to go through another round of applications and an acceptance process. That is all I was saying. If you want to make a bigger deal out of it that is your prerogative. Seriously though, the only point I was trying to make was that the sign was dumb. I have no horses in this race whatsoever between those two schools so can we just end this conversation as you guys have made it a way bigger deal than was my intention?
Ok I read too much into it. The sign is stupid. Hugs.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's kind of cool to see Ken O'Keefe go to the Dolphins. He won the 1990 D3 national title here at my school, Allegheny College, with Joe Philbin serving as his offensive co-ordinator/line coach. Hard to believe that any of my current coaches would be working in the NFL some day

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought this was funny. New sign at the woody hayes athletic center:

Communications Major?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Communications Major?
They might as well be general studies majors!

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
They might as well be general studies majors!
I just love how the sign makes it look like OSU players are doing anything remotely more impressive here. As far as I can tell, Family Resource Management is basically a degree in keeping track of your finances.

Either way, I'm shocked that college football players pick easy degrees at difficult schools. Shocked, I tell you.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are missing the point that while Ohio State isn't full of engineering and microbiology majors, compared to Michigan's 24 General Studies majors and 13 Sports Management/Movement majors majors (only 2 engineering, 1 biology, 0 business) they are taking a whole lot tougher of a load.

Communication and Family Resource Mngnmnt aren't that tough? I think you guys aren't looking past that and seeing the SEVEN biology majors, EIGHT business, and EIGHT engineering majors at Ohio State compared to the 2 engineering, 1 biology, and 0 business majors at michigan. I kinda think that is the point, hence the bold letters.

Also, I think the whole idea is for recruits who typically get sold how great an academic insitution michigan. gonna be lots of UM/OSU recruiting battles, there always is.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Business is not a hard major at all. It's a real major, but it's not difficult.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my brother got a degree in business. most undergrad degrees are easy, but business is sure a better degree to have than general studies or sports mngmt. it depends really if you focus on finance, accounting, or whatnot too.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think people are missing the point that while Ohio State isn't full of engineering and microbiology majors, compared to Michigan's 24 General Studies majors and 13 Sports Management/Movement majors majors (only 2 engineering, 1 biology, 0 business) they are taking a whole lot tougher of a load.

Communication and Family Resource Mngnmnt aren't that tough? I think you guys aren't looking past that and seeing the SEVEN biology majors, EIGHT business, and EIGHT engineering majors at Ohio State compared to the 2 engineering, 1 biology, and 0 business majors at michigan. I kinda think that is the point, hence the bold letters.

Also, I think the whole idea is for recruits who typically get sold how great an academic insitution michigan. gonna be lots of UM/OSU recruiting battles, there always is.
I went through this on the last page. The number of joke majors on the OSU side compared to the Michigan side is pretty much a wash, so it doesn't really matter. So OSU has 8 engineering majors. What if Michigan has 8 physics majors? So OSU has 8 engineering majors. What if Michigan has 8 pre-law majors?

I highly doubt that list tells the whole story of the entire football team for each program. It only lists 45 Michigan players, less than half the kids on scholarship. For the purposes of the rivalry, it's good natured fun. But to act like somehow this proves OSU players > Michigan players in academia is incredibly naive. I'm guessing they are more or less the same, just like with every other school minus Northwestern.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There is no comparison between the business and engineering programs at Michigan and the ones at Ohio State. Very few, if any, of those 16 business and engineering football players at Ohio State would be admitted into the same programs at Michigan.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
There is no comparison between the business and engineering programs at Michigan and the ones at Ohio State. Very few, if any, of those 16 business and engineering football players at Ohio State would be admitted into the same programs at Michigan.
...and? None of the players on YOUR football team would be admitted either; hence why they are general studies majors.

Have I mentioned my 8 out of 10 stat? :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: